Jump to content

Kerbal Space Program - Enhanced Edition Update


StarSlay3r
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

Grant, Franchise Producer for KSP, here again with another update about KSP - Enhanced Edition.

Today we released KSP - Enhanced Edition on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. This is incredibly exciting, and we believe it offers an amazing upgrade for our console players!

This release brings our partnership with BlitWorks to a close. The team at BlitWorks will be joining Larian as Larian Barcelona. We wanted to take a moment and thank everyone at BlitWorks who has helped us bring KSP over to consoles the last few years and wish them all the best on their new adventures.

We remain committed to bringing patch 1.11 and 1.12 to our console audience, and to support this we are creating new open positions to handle this development internally. It will take us time to get folks hired and ramped up, and we appreciate everyone’s patience as we work diligently to bring this to you next year.

We hope you enjoy this new offering of Enhanced Edition and can’t wait to see what new and bigger craft you create. Thank you and happy launchings!

Grant

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quick question: will the PS5 / Xbox Series X include physical time warp in space? On the PS4, there is no controller button to access physical time warp while performing long burns. The only solution is to hook up a keyboard to the console. Hopefully this will not be a problem with the new release?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, wpetula said:

Quick question: will the PS5 / Xbox Series X include physical time warp in space? On the PS4, there is no controller button to access physical time warp while performing long burns. The only solution is to hook up a keyboard to the console. Hopefully this will not be a problem with the new release?

Thats not true! There is a way to access physical timewarp! I forgot how to but its possible. read the guide. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

Thats not true! There is a way to access physical timewarp! I forgot how to but its possible. read the guide. 

What! No way!

I'll check the guide. If it does exist, my apologies. :)

I remember not being able to find any control combination to access physical time warp outside of atmospheres, but if there IS a control combination, that would be epic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, wpetula said:

What! No way!

I'll check the guide. If it does exist, my apologies. :)

I remember not being able to find any control combination to access physical time warp outside of atmospheres, but if there IS a control combination, that would be epic.

There is no control combination, it is togglable through this round table menu. In the console trailer this pops up but I don’t remember how to toggle it,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@KSPStar  Twitter DM pointed me to this thread for issues with KM support on the XBOX Series X.   The mouse works for selecting stuff but can only pan the camera, no zoom or orbit functionality.   As for keyboard, you can enter values into fields and type into text fields for build naming and description but that's it.  No control for the pitch, yaw or roll. No throttle or launch control from keyboard either. Can't bring up the menu or do much of anything else unless you revert back to using mostly game pad.  Is there an option or control scheme I should be selecting,  is K&M support broken or is this the limit of the functions assigned to K&M?  It would be good to have it so you can select K&M as the preferred input, so if you are doing the tutorials it tells you the keys.

Regards

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Major Havoc said:

@KSPStar  Twitter DM pointed me to this thread for issues with KM support on the XBOX Series X.   The mouse works for selecting stuff but can only pan the camera, no zoom or orbit functionality.   As for keyboard, you can enter values into fields and type into text fields for build naming and description but that's it.  No control for the pitch, yaw or roll. No throttle or launch control from keyboard either. Can't bring up the menu or do much of anything else unless you revert back to using mostly game pad.  Is there an option or control scheme I should be selecting,  is K&M support broken or is this the limit of the functions assigned to K&M?  It would be good to have it so you can select K&M as the preferred input, so if you are doing the tutorials it tells you the keys.

Regards

I don't play on console so I'm not sure, but on PC you can change the inputs manually in the settings. Maybe go to settings and check if you can set keyboard inputs manually?

Again, I don't play on console so I don't know if it's even possible to do that

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hey Grant, thanks for the update. 

I don't know if there is something wrong on the current PS4 version or if it's just I'm playing it better and doing more but I have to say I'm really getting frustrated at the frequency of crashes of late, specifically something that's definitely not normal is a hanging, actual complete hang in the VAB which then blue screen errors. I find it actually one of the buggiest games I've ever played... Literally ever so I don't deny blitworks did a good attempt to port but frankly it's not finished. So where are us ps4 users left? The free upgrade is a nice gesture but I've no need for a new console just to get the game working, certainly not at just shy of £400 for the pleasure. 

If you added a way to save the game files or make backup game files for non ps+ users this would be at least something but I'm on tenderhooks for when I next loose my career mode of hours of work. 

Edited by Ande
Missed a bit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if there has been any news on a possible roadmap for bringing us console players up to date with the PC version

we are missing alot without 1.12

Along with the ps5 having alot of bugs like I keep losing control of the craft after exiting time warp 

 

thank you for your time and continued effort

Edited by MayhemX01
Spelling and making easyier to read
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gone into radio silence I think guys... So I think we have our answer. We must wait it out until the KSP2 launch and pay £70 for the base game and £20 for each planet DLC ;)lol ...ps. I bl##dy hope I'm wrong! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ande said:

Gone into radio silence I think guys... So I think we have our answer. We must wait it out until the KSP2 launch and pay £70 for the base game and £20 for each planet DLC ;)lol ...ps. I bl##dy hope I'm wrong! 

I really do hope you are. Worst case scenario is is ea buys ksp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, the fact that people are doubting the developers of the console edition for this normally great game makes me want to save up a few thousand dollars so I can buy a PC rather than a PlayStation just so they don't have to hear me complain about how long it's been since the last actual update...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/10/2022 at 1:34 AM, BigStar Aerospace said:

Wow, the fact that people are doubting the developers of the console edition for this normally great game makes me want to save up a few thousand dollars so I can buy a PC rather than a PlayStation just so they don't have to hear me complain about how long it's been since the last actual update...

What's your point you are trying to make... That we shouldn't question the decision taken to stop development before major bugs were addressed on consoles? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, but many game studios have done it perfectly fine, and fairly easily on other games, where they make the version on PC, the same version on console, but only a tiny bit different. But for some reason, Squad or whoever was making the decision, said, "Well, why don't we just use an entirely different version and waste money having two entirely different dev teams, but also, make the console version dev team small so it takes them a long time to dev the updates and bug fixes!". Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but I don't know why they made it so hard on themselves and the players that just want to play the game, not an overly buggy version of the game. I am not saying it is the devs fault, maybe it is, we have no idea really, it could have been Squad or the dev team. I just want to play KSP, but this makes it so hard to want to play because they aren't putting as much effort into it as other game studios do with their games, and I mean almost every other game studio that has put a game onto console.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, so your having the same issues as the rest of us. It wasn't clear in your previous post, sounded like you felt we were wrong for complaining :)

  I think the reason for outsourcing to a different studio was because they lacked the necessary skills to port to the console. Blitworks to be fair to them have done a marvelous job imo to translate the functionality to a console controller. Once you get used to it. 

The main problem I've got is that the OP "Gary" had said we would still get updates up to 1.12 and we just had to wait for them to get up to speed now blitworks have gone. Since then, there has been no further details on the PLAN. There used to be really good communication but it seems there is a bit of a fear factor in giving us dates. Even with KSP2.... Which had all the fanfare 2 years ago. 

I believe from all the research I've had to do on the ps4 blue screen issues that there is something deep in the code that causes extreme memory leaks. Ive done a complete factory reset on PS4 and reinstalled my games. A brand new career works fine, but if I load an old save file where I had lots of bluescreen crashes, all of a sudden I have the errors again. So, a lot of the issues I believe come down to the save file corruptions. I even kept a tracker and shared with the support team who were very helpful. If you really can't play, i'd recommend doing what I did and starting brand new. It's actually quite fun to go at it again from new career. I do think my reset helped my ps4 generally. I just backed up all the trophies etc and then restored them after. 

Lastly, it is quite clear that with every update to KSP on console you should probably delete your career and restart. Back with the last 2 updates, I lost 2 careers just because the game was tripping out so often after the update, so I started new. 

Feel free to DM me if you want to compare your experience and I'll try and help. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2022 at 2:43 AM, Ande said:

sounded like you felt we were wrong for complaining

Oh no, I was actually trying to come across as angry with it that they aren't fixing bugs. lol

On 2/15/2022 at 2:43 AM, Ande said:

deep in the code that causes extreme memory leaks.

PC has these memory leaks too, it's just that our consoles are only a bit more powerful than a "powerful" office computer.

On 2/15/2022 at 2:43 AM, Ande said:

i'd recommend doing what I did and starting brand new

I've done this three times already and it hasn't fixed the corruption issue. I still have troubles with save and craft loading, I wonder if anybody has them too?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...