Kerbal Space Program - Enhanced Edition Update

StarSlay3r

On 2/17/2022 at 11:55 AM, asap1 said:

ksp 1.11 and 1.12 for console might be  out by the time ksp2 is out on pc indicated by the lack of news about well ksp1

Unlikely, there're some serious bugs on these releases that are still to be addressed - and, frankly, I think the KSP1 shop is already closed.

We can still hope for a new 1.12.4 maintenance release, but don't hold your breath.

And, without having these bugs addressed, I doubt they will update the Console version - people on Consoles are getting fed up with buggy games, see Cyberpunk 2077 in the past and recently Battlefield 2042.

Of course I can't talk for them (I may be completely wrong), but if I was on their shoes I would avoid risking an update that could be the straw that will  brake the camel's back.

Edited by Lisias
damn!! the autocomplete had bitten me hard and I didn't noticed!!!!

Hello all! We haven't forgotten about 1.11/1.12 content for console, we just don't have any new information to share at this time. The team is working on it, and as soon as we have console update release date info that we can share, we'll make sure to update you! 

28 minutes ago, KSPStar said:

Hello all! We haven't forgotten about 1.11/1.12 content for console, we just don't have any new information to share at this time. The team is working on it, and as soon as we have console update release date info that we can share, we'll make sure to update you! 

you have no idea how much this means to me thank you

I play on console btw

On 2/17/2022 at 10:54 PM, KSPStar said:

much needed reassurance good to have at least this update from you. I'll get ready to start a new career near release time though as typically the updates create havoc on saves. All the best from all us console strugglers :confused: @KSPStar

@KSPStar I'd think a brief official post like this would go a long way for majority of users, maybe just with an indication of what your hoping to add/fix 

8 hours ago, Ande said:

@KSPStar I'd think a brief official post like this would go a long way for majority of users, maybe just with an indication of what your hoping to add/fix 

We definitely will as soon as we have more detailed information to share. We do not currently have any further details to share at this time.

On 2/22/2022 at 4:30 PM, KSPStar said:

We definitely will as soon as we have more detailed information to share. We do not currently have any further details to share at this time.

A little late to say something but been busy working. Just wanted to pop in and say we really appreciate the update. I myself started ksp on console and (Ha) prefer it that way so the thought of it maybe possibly one day being in well working order would be a godsend.  At least to me if no one else.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 9:30 PM, KSPStar said:

@KSPStar if you could also get the random blue screen crashes fixed aswell, every career I have gets to a point where these errors happen more and more frequently. I just got one whilst walking about on the mun... No warning...just dumps out. Very annoying. 

2 hours ago, Ande said:

@KSPStar if you could also get the random blue screen crashes fixed aswell, every career I have gets to a point where these errors happen more and more frequently. I just got one whilst walking about on the mun... No warning...just dumps out. Very annoying. 

I've noted your feedback and will share it with the team.

On 3/12/2022 at 3:20 AM, KSPStar said:

I've noted your feedback and will share it with the team.

Already logged with support, completely reset my ps4 and started a new save, been fine up until I got to level 4-5 on tech tree, or upgraded all my base. I personally believe that it's memory leakage or spikes, more often than not it happens when you try and load into the tracking station from a flight or return to KSC from a flight. I try and quicksave before now every time. It's a pain in the bum to be honest as there's no warning and can't recreate. Id happily stream my game with your dev watching on if you like ;)

Just had another, and this time it corrupted the save file. Recovered ok but still frustrating as Id just mapped a way to Moho! 

• 2 weeks later...

@KSPStar any chance of getting a debug log over to you guys to track these blue screen errors. I've had another 2 today, one was loading the tracking screen and the other in the map view just after plotting to eeloo. I'll load it later and it won't happen the second time. Crashes are completely random and so if your interested I'm happy to run a debug or let your team access my ps4 if it means you can try and fix in the next update? 

On 4/2/2022 at 12:42 AM, kerbalspaceprogramxboxplay said:

I wish, but ksp 1.11 & 12 wont be on console for another 10 years

It's really sad that there isn't a lot of console support at the moment hopefully this doesn't continue into KSP 2 

On 4/4/2022 at 4:45 AM, Xenon575 said:

It's really sad that there isn't a lot of console support at the moment hopefully this doesn't continue into KSP 2 

It shouldn’t since the game is being built from the ground up for both, unlike KSP1. 

3 minutes ago, MechBFP said:

It shouldn’t since the game is being built from the ground up for both, unlike KSP1. 

There will probably always be a performance difference between the PC and console versions, but yeah, the functionality will hopefully be the same on both, sans mods.  But console users will probably always be more limited in part count of craft etc

3 hours ago, darthgently said:

There will probably always be a performance difference between the PC and console versions, but yeah, the functionality will hopefully be the same on both, sans mods.  But console users will probably always be more limited in part count of craft etc

Well yes of course, that is the nature of a console after all. The PS5, and latest XBOX will be fine, they are fairly modern and on average most PC gamers have equivalent PCs or worse. 
The old gen consoles though are going to suffer because they are just too slow, or the game is going to suffer because of having to cut things back in order to support them. 
My preference is to support only the latest consoles as a result but unfortunately it doesn’t seem like that is the path they are taking.

Edited by MechBFP

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 12:28 PM, Ande said:

Bug #28621 done

@KSPStar

I've been trying to log the issues I get on the bug tracker but tbh the frequency of the issues means I can't log everytime something goes bang. I've logged different places where its crashed, but tonight this log below had happened twice so I've given up trying to play the game. I'm losing the will to be blunt. No one's moderating the forum at all and the constant fear of crashing is destroying the enjoyment. Any ideas what I can do? 

https://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/28626?next_issue_id=28625&prev_issue_id=28627

On 4/5/2022 at 9:47 PM, MechBFP said:

Well yes of course, that is the nature of a console after all. The PS5, and latest XBOX will be fine, they are fairly modern and on average most PC gamers have equivalent PCs or worse. 
The old gen consoles though are going to suffer because they are just too slow, or the game is going to suffer because of having to cut things back in order to support them. 
My preference is to support only the latest consoles as a result but unfortunately it doesn’t seem like that is the path they are taking.

I agree. Those of us with PS4's should be left on ksp1, unless of course they think it's just as easy in which case I bet ksp2 will be so much more stable. It would be great if we got some kind of good will incentive to buy ksp 2 on a reduced price, in fact I would rather this than they waste time fixing the old game 

Hello!

We plan on getting console caught up with PC this year, but we don't have an exact ETA on when that update will go live at this time. We'll make sure to notify the community as soon as we have more information on that! 

On 4/20/2022 at 4:45 PM, Ghostii_Space said:

Hello!

We plan on getting console caught up with PC this year, but we don't have an exact ETA on when that update will go live at this time. We'll make sure to notify the community as soon as we have more information on that! 

Look forward to this. If possible could we get some kind of debugger included for those of us who can't play it for 2hours without bluescreen crashes?  That way we can help you to work out the cause, it's the random nature of the crashes that destroy the enjoyment :(

Still, fantastic news about update this year. Based on the lack of timeline, this feels like an end of year target which is fine. Just be nice to know that plan.