Kerbal Space Program - Enhanced Edition Update

StarSlay3r

14 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

CUH-2015A

Mines CUH-1216b

On 11/24/2022 at 7:38 PM, uncle grim said:

Ps4 pro ssd 2tb. its the ONLY game that has any data corrupt issues.  I play build and rts games not one has corrupt data after a blue screen, some loss time for sure till last save.  But no corrupt. Also tried on other systems in the house same issues with data corruption.  So you can check its your system off.  Even on a 6mo out of the box ps4 pro.  Its a memory leak that is console specific. There are some cues I've noticed to Prior this happening suddenly pieces are missing from your build mid-flight just they're gone they were there when you took off then no explosion nothing on your flight list stating they were destroyed just gone then the game goes oh no there was something supposed to be there everything locks up blue screen go to reload the game and get a corrupted data warning.  Even if you catch that they're missing and you want to put it back on and revert flight doing that can cause a crash the majority of the time.  

@uncle grim can you send the model numbers of yours. Based on the info from Rutabaga I'd steer towards anything pre CUH-20xxx being the common similarity. Ideally need more ps4 players to tell us. Is it possible to do surveys through this forum? 

Yeh... Just got to 46k from surface of eve... Blasting through... Sound of plasma levels getting insane... And then... Screen hangs... Sound continues... Welcome to another blue screen of death I've learnt that if you crash during this hanging, it's likely you can reload without the corruption. 

Hellooo! So I have been messing about with this on Series X today and keyboard controls seem very hot and miss. Can’t pan the camera around in building mode with mouse or keyboard or control a craft in flight. Is this pretty common or am I being a total numpty? 

On 12/2/2022 at 9:11 PM, Randomist85 said:

Hellooo! So I have been messing about with this on Series X today and keyboard controls seem very hot and miss. Can’t pan the camera around in building mode with mouse or keyboard or control a craft in flight. Is this pretty common or am I being a total numpty? 

Games not been designed for keyboard use really so doesn't surprise me. I think it's pretty much just been done to help with naming things quickly. I just stick to console controller tbh

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 3:23 AM, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

Theres at least one thing that the KSP team should do, and its just give console players free PC version as a last goodbye and then just shut down KSP EE.

Every week Epic Games gives away a free game or two.  Next week they are giving away Kerbal Space Program.  So that is a chance to pick up the game for free.  https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/

Edited by AVaughan

1 hour ago, AVaughan said:

Every week Epic Games gives away a free game or two.  Next week they are giving away Kerbal Space Program.  So that is a chance to pick up the game for free.  https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/

Oooh, nice! I might will take the chance.

Edited by Aerodynamic Kerbal

On 12/30/2022 at 9:48 AM, AVaughan said:

Bl##dy hell... I shelled out for it on steam in a sale back when I first reported the issues but for a variety of reasons I still want to play the ps4 version.

1. It should work as intended!!!

2. I actually prefer using the console controls for in game flight ( not so much in VAB... ) 

3. My PC is a laptop that is put away and I CBA to go and get it every time I want to build a rocket. Ps4 is constantly out in the lounge. 

4. Having access to the mun launch pad

5. Collecting my ps trophies... 

6. Because I want to play on my ps4, and I bought it for my ps4 for a reason ;)

Btw .. Direct link here... 

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/kerbal-space-program

On 12/28/2022 at 10:03 PM, PerRequirement said:

Console players still can’t repair anything with engineers, which means anything damaged is a lost cause. 

Yup, and quick save loading is hit or miss as to whether you will blue screen crash your game. 

On 12/27/2022 at 9:19 PM, MechBFP said:

Safe to say this update is dead in the water at this point. RIP console users. 

But why have we had diddly squat from the 'team!'? They were on here telling us we would "definitely" have an update. 

On 12/27/2022 at 9:55 PM, Bej Kerman said:

I'd say the game was dead as soon as someone at Squad said "Hey, how well do you think KSP would play with a controller?". Dead on the drawing board :D

Disagree. Once you get used to it console is far superior when flying rockets in my experience. I guess in part it's what you are used to. Cus I learnt the game on controller it feels really pants trying to fly craft on the PC version. 

The best thing they could do would be shut it down and give users a discount off KSP2 as a "sorry we lied to you about the update" :)

3 hours ago, Ande said:

But why have we had diddly squat from the 'team!'? They were on here telling us we would "definitely" have an update.

Ya, no kidding. I am less than impressed with Private Division and their lack of community communication on this. I don't even play console, but I can already tell this kind of lack of communication is going to be a problem when KSP2 goes live as well if there are any issues.

Edited by MechBFP

Based on how they have treated users 

I really hope ksp 2 fails was looking forward to the game But I mean can even get an update 

7 days to die all over again I say agin and these companies shoukd be fined for saying they will do somthing and then not I said they would not a year ago and look still nothing

23 hours ago, MayhemX01 said:

Based on how they have treated users 

I really hope ksp 2 fails was looking forward to the game But I mean can even get an update 

7 days to die all over again I say agin and these companies shoukd be fined for saying they will do somthing and then not I said they would not a year ago and look still nothing

whhats wrong with 7dtd on console? I enjoy it. 

also, KSP is much better with a controller. Much easier.

but yeah, could we get an estimate on when this update might arrive? us on console wont get ksp 2 for a while it seems so this update would be great to hold us over until then... i'll have no problems waiting if ive got EVA construction and ground anchors! so many fun ideas to build,,,, hahaha it sounds like a great time just thinking about it

Edited by Turtlegirl1209

On 1/10/2023 at 4:16 PM, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

Theres a bad thing about controllers. If you both rotate by any axis and zoom in/out the trim thing activates, which SUCKS. IT RUINS EVERY FLIGHT IN ITS PATH. And of course, there is no way to reset it.

Just turn it off in settings... That's what I did. Flight and building is so much more fun on console than PC... I've played both. PC is useful for all the random part clicks, but the keyboard controls are such a pain. If you had a controller on the PC that would be ace I reckon. 

On 1/14/2023 at 12:48 AM, Gargamel said:

Some off topic content has been removed.   This thread is about KSP-EE, if you’d like to discuss other games, take it to the lounge. 

Any chance we could get answers to our questions then? We have been asking for almost a year. 

7 minutes ago, Ande said:

Flight and building is so much more fun on console than PC... I've played both. PC is useful for all the random part clicks, but the keyboard controls are such a pain. If you had a controller on the PC that would be ace I reckon. 

I dunno... the controls preventing Matt Lowne from even just placing parts and making maneuver properly says it all :D