Kerbal Space Program - Enhanced Edition Update

StarSlay3r

On 4/20/2022 at 8:45 AM, Ghostii_Space said:

Hello!

We plan on getting console caught up with PC this year, but we don't have an exact ETA on when that update will go live at this time. We'll make sure to notify the community as soon as we have more information on that! 

I am glad to hear this and excited for this update however If this is a possible fix will you guys fix the export and save file bugs? I've lost my career save in 2020 and every time I load my save the game freezes or when I tried to export my save from PS4 to PS5 the game crashes. I reported this bug in the KSP forum and Bug tracker however I've gotten no response for almost 2 years. (reported in 2020). If it is possible can you fix this problem in this final update? 

• 3 weeks later...

4 crashes to blue screen tonight in 3 hours of gameplay. Always when trying to jump back to the KSC or switch craft. That's a joke. I've never played a console game that's so riddled with crashes, trouble is I enjoy the game so I keep on reloading and hoping for the best. The bug tracker is a waste of time, noone looks at it. 

Now we have to wait another year for KSP 2 I would hope that you update to fix the stability issues and crashing. No excuse why we can't expect to see more frequent updates again now that we have to wait for the new game in 2023! 

8 hours ago, Ande said:

4 crashes to blue screen tonight in 3 hours of gameplay. Always when trying to jump back to the KSC or switch craft. That's a joke. I've never played a console game that's so riddled with crashes, trouble is I enjoy the game so I keep on reloading and hoping for the best. The bug tracker is a waste of time, noone looks at it. 

Now we have to wait another year for KSP 2 I would hope that you update to fix the stability issues and crashing. No excuse why we can't expect to see more frequent updates again now that we have to wait for the new game in 2023! 

As PS5 came, im not even sure if KSP2 will come out on PS4!

On 5/26/2022 at 6:48 AM, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

As PS5 came, im not even sure if KSP2 will come out on PS4!

No I mean, now there is a delay with kspw until next year, I'll be proper annoyed if enhanced edition doesn't get some fixes .

Ive just had 3 blue screens in 30 mins trying to get a Moho mission landed back on kerbin with aerobraking. It's seriously awful. No attempts to debug the issue either, all my bug trackers go unanswered. I guess this means that they know there are serious problems and so by staying quiet they can simple hope I shut up and go away... Well... I'm annoying like that. I'll keep posting until someone responds with an attempt to debug the issues or track the errors. 

Finally landed the Moho return, quicksaved on landing, went to recover vessel blue screen crash... Reload game... Save corrupted. Thanks 'Enhanced' edition. 

On a serious note, would PlayStation not have terms that allow me to recover my money for this game based on the volume of bugs? 

13 hours ago, Ande said:

No I mean, now there is a delay with kspw until next year, I'll be proper annoyed if enhanced edition doesn't get some fixes .

Ive just had 3 blue screens in 30 mins trying to get a Moho mission landed back on kerbin with aerobraking. It's seriously awful. No attempts to debug the issue either, all my bug trackers go unanswered. I guess this means that they know there are serious problems and so by staying quiet they can simple hope I shut up and go away... Well... I'm annoying like that. I'll keep posting until someone responds with an attempt to debug the issues or track the errors. 

Finally landed the Moho return, quicksaved on landing, went to recover vessel blue screen crash... Reload game... Save corrupted. Thanks 'Enhanced' edition. 

On a serious note, would PlayStation not have terms that allow me to recover my money for this game based on the volume of bugs? 

It would purely be good if we can get KSP on Steam for free, if we redeem that we have it bought on console already...

2 hours of play, loads of hohmann transfers , switching vessels, docking with large space station and manuevours around it, I was loving life and then a random hang when switching on my RCS thrusters and of course the inivitable crash to blue screen. I am really losing the fight in me to ignore the impact of these crashes. I literally have wasted hours due to the poor quality of this game. Surely we can't be expected to put up with it until KSP2 is out??? 

4 hours ago, Ande said:

Surely we can't be expected to put up with it until KSP2 is out??? 

We shall hope not, but hope is all we can personally do as players. So just keep waiting and complaining until KSP2 comes out, because maybe if we keep nagging they will add at least a small bug update. It truly shouldn't take 2 years to update a few simple things.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2022 at 10:56 PM, Ande said:

They do. I emailed them because the game has been unplayable since I got the game. It crashes and corrupts the saves regularly. My PS4 and PS5 error log showed tons of errors and only with one game, KSP. Crashes happened as often as every hour or so. Sony asked me to check a few things, reinstall the game, send screenshots of error messages etc. In the end they offered a refund. Cyberpunk kinda set a good precedent where developers really need to get things right before release. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2022 at 8:52 AM, MZ_per_X1 said:

They do. I emailed them because the game has been unplayable since I got the game. It crashes and corrupts the saves regularly. My PS4 and PS5 error log showed tons of errors and only with one game, KSP. Crashes happened as often as every hour or so. Sony asked me to check a few things, reinstall the game, send screenshots of error messages etc. In the end they offered a refund. Cyberpunk kinda set a good precedent where developers really need to get things right before release. 

So do you no longer own the game? Or did they refund you and let you keep it? 

Ive just spent an hour in game building a new ship and went to launch from the mum site and crashed to blue screen again. I love the game but it is literally unplayable. I did all those reinstall and flash the ps4 aswell year ago and it did jack all. 

I don't even know if there's a company  updating the game. The previous company left, so now we're alone. I think Squad kinda got into it (1% of the work time im pretty sure), but Private Division are working 100% on KSP2. And that's why I have an unpopular opinion: KSP2 is ruining console. 

I have completely given up on console having any updates, there is no dev team, and they keep giving false hope saying "It's happening!" over and over. I want my friends on console to try ksp, but I just tell them not to bother with the absolutely broken state of it. 

• 4 weeks later...

Managed 30 mins last night on my career mode, there is just no pattern to the constant crashes. Last night it was just when I was in map screen around minmus... Nothing graphically taxing. I've pretty much destroyed all my stations and craft out there in the solar system, I've removed my asteroid sat thinking that might be oberclocking the GPU. It's so frustrating, it would be more bearable if game also was quick to reload but it's not and I just can't be arsed now... Where is this bloody update that we were told was in development? Why no updates on its status? I don't even care about KSP 2 at this stage, just want a playable game!!! 

• 4 weeks later...

I was testing a space station and its launch vehicle but saw a catastrophic failure on one of the launches. I tried reverting to launch but the game crashed (so sadly James Kerman could've died). This is just too much, to the point at which I want to go family unfriendly on the forums. So now I just got so mad over the game crashing that I'm gonna play Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga now.

Edited by Aerodynamic Kerbal

The situation is just sad at this point. It always was.

Somewhere in the winter of 2021 I decided to turn on my PS4 and play KSP. As I was ready to start the game up, it stated that its updating.

And, of course, I just screamed out of joy so much that i couldn't believe it. 1.11? 

Until it updated and I saw the change log

"Transfer to PS5". 

Pure disappointment.

So that means the last game update was almost a year ago. The PS5 transfer update was just the last thing the devs did just for MONEY.

I haven't been a fan of KSP2 either, simply because the devs do it for money and not for anything else. They could literally just add the new features into the original game and let every graphical thing to the mod makers. 

That's what a good, a better world could've been. But it wasn't.

And apart from the 1.11 and 1.12 updates, we also need LAG FIXES.

Hear me out, my laptop could most probably run KSP better than my PS4. BUT consoles are made for the pure gaming experience without having to build a massive PC setup. 

For example: War Thunder runs kind of ok on my laptop on minimum graphics. But on the PS4 it runs better and with more enhanced graphics.

Also, don't get me started on bug and crash problems.

I'm legitimately going to quit KSP. The forums. The memories. My YouTube channel. 

All good things must come to an end. So many posibilities in the future for me, simply ruined due to poor update rate (low to none)

The situation is just sad at this point. It always was...

Edited by Aerodynamic Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2022 at 10:45 AM, Ghostii_Space said:

Hello!

We plan on getting console caught up with PC this year, but we don't have an exact ETA on when that update will go live at this time. We'll make sure to notify the community as soon as we have more information on that! 

don't lie to us, you know it isn't coming

Its a shame this game has great potential to get a great many interested in space flight/ travel. But anyone not on PC gets the short end of the stick every time.  If getting us up to 1.11 /.12  is a pipe dream. So too is the game not crashing. Can we get that fixed. If nothing else. Because not being able to fully use robotics kal controller or anything else, repairs kits n such means nothing  if I'm getting blue screen and corrupted data spammed.