Kerbal Space Program - Enhanced Edition Update

StarSlay3r

7 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

I dunno... the controls preventing Matt Lowne from even just placing parts and making maneuver properly says it all :D

On console? Yeh I remember when I first started it was really hard to get my head round but with practice the VAB building is pretty slick with EE. The problem for me is the random hangs and crashes from VAB that plague my console. Will find out how it ays on ps5 this week now ive got one :)

17 hours ago, Ande said:
On 1/13/2023 at 7:48 PM, Gargamel said:

Any chance we could get answers to our questions then? We have been asking for almost a year

Your guess is as good as mine.   I don’t work for PD. 

15 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Your guess is as good as mine.   I don’t work for PD. 

Ah thought you might, apologies. 

Ive contacted PD and unsurprisingly they have asked me to log on the bug tracker which is a joke as I've logged issues there for over a year and not had a single response. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday was Superbowl #57. Now hang on Moderator, I know you're ready to remove for being off topic, but stay with me everyone, because we also need to take a look at the number 507. Why? Well that's the number of days its been since this topic was made, where it was stated that the team was "committed to bringing patch 1.11 and 1.12 to the console audience." So where does that extra zero come in? Why, that's simply the number of updates the Enhanced Edition has received since then. So you see... this all ties together. Kerbunati confirmed?!

Also for anyone reading this, I actually did probe the official KSP twitter account about the update back in Oct. 21, 2022 and actually got a response from them that same day saying they do recognize that it hasn't been updated in some time, but "still expect to update the console edition with the latest content from KSP on PC." It's no secret us console players got pretty screwed in regards to receiving timely updates, (or keeping us updated about the updates,) and I certainly wouldn't recommend putting too much faith into a tweet, a part of me can't help but hold onto a little hope. After all, if they didn't intend to update the console version, it would have been easier to just ignore my tweet entirely, right?

Edited by BanzaiHeil

• 2 weeks later...

I think its highly likely they have been employed to work on KSP2 now mate. It's a shame but let's be honest the game was never meant for consoles in the first place. At least with KSP 2 they are starting with the intent. 

On 4/20/2022 at 5:45 PM, Ghostii_Space said:

Hello!

We plan on getting console caught up with PC this year, but we don't have an exact ETA on when that update will go live at this time. We'll make sure to notify the community as soon as we have more information on that! 

Now that this timeframe has passed, when is the new release window/date? Is the update even still coming, or has it been cancelled? If its been cancelled, could we at least be told? Whats the current status?

Edited by Turtlegirl1209

Spoiler

On 5/18/2022 at 11:25 AM, MayhemX01 said:

What a joke 

Lying right to our faces

7 days 2 die all over again  

These game studios should be fined for making promises they have no intention of doing

On 5/31/2022 at 11:56 PM, Ande said:

I guess this means that they know there are serious problems and so by staying quiet they can simple hope I shut up and go away... Well... I'm annoying like that. I'll keep posting until someone responds

On 6/9/2022 at 6:09 AM, BigStar Aerospace said:

It truly shouldn't take 2 years to update a few simple things.

On 8/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

I don't even know if there's a company  updating the game. The previous company left, so now we're alone.

On 8/27/2022 at 5:57 PM, Rutabaga22 said:

I have completely given up on console having any updates, there is no dev team, and they keep giving false hope saying "It's happening!" over and over.

On 9/24/2022 at 10:48 AM, Ande said:

Where is this bloody update that we were told was in development? Why no updates on its status?

On 10/23/2022 at 10:15 AM, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

We seriously need updates on what's happening with the 1.11 on console.

On 10/27/2022 at 3:21 PM, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

This is just too much, to the point at which I want to go family unfriendly on the forums.

On 10/27/2022 at 11:17 PM, MechBFP said:

It has been over 6 months since the last update so an update of some kind to let us know if this is still planned or if it unfortunately got scrapped would be nice considering 2022 is almost coming to be a close. 

On 10/28/2022 at 5:31 PM, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

And, of course, I just screamed out of joy so much that i couldn't believe it. 1.11? 

Until it updated and I saw the change log

"Transfer to PS5". 

Pure disappointment.

On 11/2/2022 at 1:14 PM, Aerodynamic Kerbal said:

Sadly, no. Its about a different update that has nothing to do with 1.11. The repair kits might as well never come to the game...

On 11/4/2022 at 7:38 AM, Kain said:

With 2 months left of 2022 I don't think we will get 1.11 and 1.12 for console. Sorry. 

On 11/13/2022 at 5:37 AM, JimmyJenkinson said:

Hello!

We plan on getting console caught up with PC this year, but we don't have an exact ETA on when that update will go live at this time. We'll make sure to notify the community as soon as we have more information on that! 

don't lie to us, you know it isn't coming

On 11/13/2022 at 5:34 AM, JimmyJenkinson said:

it's not happening

everything these devs told us was a lie

we should never have trusted them

we were idiots to think they ever cared about anything but money

On 11/15/2022 at 10:35 PM, uncle grim said:

anyone not on PC gets the short end of the stick every time.  If getting us up to 1.11 /.12  is a pipe dream. So too is the game not crashing. Can we get that fixed. If nothing else.

The KSP team needs to adress this. The console KSP community is a huge playerbase that's being completly left in the dust. The current lack of communication and transparency is both extremely unprofessional and wildly disheartening. This is a community full of love for the game, being left to rot.

This MUST be addressed.

Hello!

SERIOUSLY. GIVE US AN ANSWER. If the update is cancelled, say it's cancelled. If its still in devellopment but with no fixed timeline - then say that! If you know when it can be released, then TELL US. Even if you have nothing to say, no comment, THEN SAY THAT.  

Edited by Turtlegirl1209

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 5:16 PM, Turtlegirl1209 said:

SERIOUSLY. GIVE US AN ANSWER. If the update is cancelled, say it's cancelled. If its still in devellopment but with no fixed timeline - then say that! If you know when it can be released, then TELL US. Even if you have nothing to say, no comment, THEN SAY THAT.  

I agree entirely, it makes me feel very crestfallen knowing that this game has so much more potential on console, and yet they neglect it especially on the older consoles like PS4. I think that since we bought the game we deserve the right to being up to date with the PC versions.

32 minutes ago, BigStar Aerospace said:

I agree entirely, it makes me feel very crestfallen knowing that this game has so much more potential on console, and yet they neglect it especially on the older consoles like PS4. I think that since we bought the game we deserve the right to being up to date with the PC versions.

Believe me, you don't want to be up to date to PC versions - at least, with the latest ones.

KSP 1.12.5, right now, have a somewhat impressive collection of bugs, some of them pretty nasty to longlasting playing. Backporting the 1.12.x features into the Console's ports without fixing these bug will make a bad situation way worse. We, PC guys, at least have some add'ons that try to work around such problems (besides sometimes creating new ones, unfortunately), but on Console you guys are locked in, there's no way to work around anything.

21 minutes ago, Lisias said:

Believe me, you don't want to be up to date to PC versions - at least, with the latest ones.

KSP 1.12.5, right now, have a somewhat impressive collection of bugs, some of them pretty nasty to longlasting playing. Backporting the 1.12.x features into the Console's ports without fixing these bug will make a bad situation way worse. We, PC guys, at least have some add'ons that try to work around such problems (besides sometimes creating new ones, unfortunately), but on Console you guys are locked in, there's no way to work around anything.

I mean, seeing as I've had to learn how to navigate and avoid plenty of bugs, I'd at least like them to fix all of the current bugs that we do have. I mean that's literally the least they could do.

17 hours ago, BigStar Aerospace said:

We definitly deserve the updates. I purchased this game knowing that it was behind but with the understanding that devellopers had promised to update it with all the amazing features of modern PC versions. This was over a year ago. After all this time and the lack of communication, I decided to contact Private Division customer support to ask if the updates were still in devellopment, if they were still going to be updating console. I figured this was as simple as it gets - if the answer was yes, there would be zero reason whatsoever to not say that (considering that its already been confirmed). Unfortunatly, the answer was as follows. "Unfortunately, as much as we would like to ask your question, I'm afraid that we don't have any information concerning this matter. We can only ask for your patience to wait for further announcements from the team regarding KSP updates on the console (PS5)."  The message was definitly nice and sympathetic, but still super disheartening. They won't so much as say if the updates even still exist. Super saddening, and even more dissapointing. I havent ever felt hopeless for console KSP like some other players, I've always had faith and trust in the devs. I can't be certain about that anymore. I wish someone would just tell us whats going on. There's zero transparency whatsoever here. Just tell us anything! I feel very mislead, and I think the whole KSP console community does as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2023 at 5:27 AM, Turtlegirl1209 said:

We definitly deserve the updates. I purchased this game knowing that it was behind but with the understanding that devellopers had promised to update it with all the amazing features of modern PC versions. This was over a year ago. After all this time and the lack of communication, I decided to contact Private Division customer support to ask if the updates were still in devellopment, if they were still going to be updating console. I figured this was as simple as it gets - if the answer was yes, there would be zero reason whatsoever to not say that (considering that its already been confirmed). Unfortunatly, the answer was as follows. "Unfortunately, as much as we would like to ask your question, I'm afraid that we don't have any information concerning this matter. We can only ask for your patience to wait for further announcements from the team regarding KSP updates on the console (PS5)."  The message was definitly nice and sympathetic, but still super disheartening. They won't so much as say if the updates even still exist. Super saddening, and even more dissapointing. I havent ever felt hopeless for console KSP like some other players, I've always had faith and trust in the devs. I can't be certain about that anymore. I wish someone would just tell us whats going on. There's zero transparency whatsoever here. Just tell us anything! I feel very mislead, and I think the whole KSP console community does as well.

I agree entirely, I'd just like a little more transparency, it'd be really nice, but now I'm just losing patience....

Hello!

Happy birthday! It's been a year since this announcement was made and we still haven't gotten anything. No update, no delay announcement, no dev update, not so much as a follow-up to even acknowledge the project's existance. 

It's been a whole year since y'all made a promise you unfortunatly didn't or couldn't keep. This can still be fixed, very easily in fact. Y'all just have to make the decision to talk to us. Why wouldn't you?

6 hours ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

Honestly, this has gone too far, if we dont get mods, at least keep us up to date on updates!

Either add all the new stuff but on console, or add a mod section

if not...

RIOT

WE SHALL RIOT

I mean, idk about that but I'm certainly not keen to buy KSP 2 until this is fixed.  Private Division is setting a precedent with this situation. They're basically telling their fans that they as a company are completley fine with making announcments of content (that could influence a consumer's purchasing decision), and they're fine with doing this - and then quietly abandoning these projects with no word to the playerbase. I know PD isn't doing devellopment work on KSP 2 directly, but they are a parent company of intercept, so who knows how much control they have - if they have enouugh power to manifest this type of situation with KSP 2. We just don't know.

Honestly, it sets a really dangerous precedent for the company, and it makes me really question the trust I have in PD to be able to ever promise a complete product. I'm reminded of that quote, "you cannot not communicate". It's obvious they're aware of the issue, they have been the whole time. By not fixing this situation, even when it's pointed out, they're essentially saying that this is a situation that they're OK with, and that's the really worrying part. 

2 hours ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

@SQUAD, come in and fix this please, you are the guys who made this game

Unfortunatly, that account hasn't been online since 2018 (though somehow they've made some posts since then? IDK, but still the most recent sign of life there was in 2021).  Plus, the KSP console Enhanced Edition was made by BlitWorks and not directly by Squad. 

On 9/24/2021 at 6:04 PM, StarSlay3r said:

This release brings our partnership with BlitWorks to a close. The team at BlitWorks will be joining Larian as Larian Barcelona. We wanted to take a moment and thank everyone at BlitWorks who has helped us bring KSP over to consoles the last few years and wish them all the best on their new adventures.

We remain committed to bringing patch 1.11 and 1.12 to our console audience, and to support this we are creating new open positions to handle this development internally. It will take us time to get folks hired and ramped up, and we appreciate everyone’s patience as we work diligently to bring this to you next year.

Of course, BlitWorks had their collaboration w/  PD terminated after 1.10 released, so who knows who''s actually on the project now.

"we" is not very precise, so it could be squad or PD themselves. I may be wrong, but it seems like Squad is pretty dead.

So basically, once again, we have no idea what on earth is going on. We don't have the first clue, unless I'm missing something major.

Edited by Turtlegirl1209
correction abt squad's account

• 3 weeks later...