How about dynamic, realistically generated weather? It's always GPU, GPU & GPU related improvements like prettier graphics but let's give our CPU's something new to work with. I for one would like to experience this.

Edited by Cratzz

3 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Yeah like if landing wasn't hard enough.

Well, an increased difficullty gives you something to aim for and thus breathes a new life into the game. Oh and there could be a on/off toggle. And if you have trouble with landings then it means the craft you built isn't very good. So hone your building skills mate ;)

Edited by Cratzz

9 hours ago, Cratzz said:

How about dynamic, realistically generated weather? It's always GPU, GPU & GPU related improvements like prettier graphics but let's give our CPU's something new  to work with. I for one would like to experience this.

I agree that'd be cool, but it shouldn't be done solely in spite of the CPUs not being overloaded for once.

4 hours ago, The Aziz said:

Yeah like if landing wasn't hard enough.

It seems most players who have reached the top(?) of the difficulty curve in KSP 1 are experiencing a massive aversion to things in KSP 2 that bump up the challenge, like landing on colonies and wind. Rather than asking 'how can we automate colony landings' and 'how can we reduce the wind', we should ask 'how can I increase the error margin on my lander' and 'how can I make my aeroplane better adapted for high winds'.

2 hours ago, Cratzz said:

Well, an increased difficullty gives you something to aim for and thus breathes a new life into the game.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

most players who have reached the top(?) of the difficulty curve in KSP 1 are experiencing a massive aversion to things in KSP 2 that bump up the challenge,

There is always pinpoint landing at colonies, discussed many times, figuring out the perfect path around Rask n Rusk and Kraken knows what else.

Ksp2 isn't supposed to be more difficult than the older brother, but to be better, and more expanded in every way. It's about adding new challenges without explicitly increasing difficulty of mechanics we already know. Some veterans (to hell with this word, I've been playing ksp for a decade and still haven't lifted off of Eve) may be disappointed, but then they've been most likely relying on mods that increase difficulty because stock game was too boring for them.

A head-wind can often help takeoff and landing, on a short airstrip and on a soft grass field.   

Landing a spaceplane on KSPs Duna is quite difficult because of the bumpy ground and high landing speed.  If Duna had a regular cycle of periodic high winds, that might enable some spaceplane missions (that today depend on extensive use of the quicksave).

Physical effects of weather would make the game interesting, although I'm not sure if that would be interesting in a fun way or in a frustrating way. 

Different kinds of weather have been suggested for KSP2  L L L L L L