Planet Builder

2 hours ago, Staticalliam7 said:

A planet builder somewhat like Simplerockets2's Planet Studio

SimpleRockets 2 is wiping the floor with KSP, with mobile support, great performance and a procedural part system that doesn't leave you wandering around the parts list for half an hour looking for the right adapter hidden among a list of samey looking modules. I hope KSP 2 addresses these problems and makes KSP great again.

4 minutes ago, Bej Kerman said:

SimpleRockets 2 is wiping the floor with KSP, with mobile support, great performance and a procedural part system that doesn't leave you wandering around the parts list for half an hour looking for the right adapter hidden among a list of samey looking modules. I hope KSP 2 addresses these problems and makes KSP great again.

If only we simplerockets players had campaign...

Guest The Doodling Astronaut
5 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

You can't really compare SimpleRockets 2 to KSP. They both have different goals. SR 2 sure is great for beginners and for a casual sandbox, but KSP is so much more, KSP is meant to be expanded (which is why it's great for it's mods). Both are great games, but you can't compare an Apple to an Orange

8 hours ago, Staticalliam7 said:

KSP 2 is a rockets game, like KSP 1. It's meant to be a physics simulator, with planets, and other things to the side. The devs should focus on making a great physics simulator, with great gameplay, and an easy way for a beginner to become a good player.

I think this is where an in-game planet builder should fall to a modder. It's not worth the dev's time, the developers are more focused on making a good rockets game. If the developers started making a planet builder ingame, why don't they make an ingame part builder, etc. 

Now don't get me wrong, I would love to have an ingame planet builder, Kopernicus is very hard to work with in KSP. But its not something the developers should worry about. It's not in their goal for KSP 2. Besides, if KSP was originally a modless game where the developers would add EVERY SINGLE MOD, it would take forever. But KSP is a foundation, where modders make the expansions for players. Which is also why I love PC more than Console.

KSP 2 is a rockets game, and that's where the developers should focus. I bet the Kopernicus for KSP 2 will be great.

4 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:
10 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

You can't really compare SimpleRockets 2 to KSP. They both have different goals. SR 2 sure is great for beginners and for a casual sandbox, but KSP is so much more, KSP is meant to be expanded (which is why it's great for it's mods). Both are great games, but you can't compare an Apple to an Orange

I still think what I said holds up. KSP has some tremendous gameplay that'd difficult to enjoy because 1. the VAB parts list is just too awkward and 2. it's so buggy - I've never seen a fanbase so forgiving over a game's bugs. bugs. bugs. Remember how Sonic 06 had you loading into utterly pointless scenes just to be sent elsewhere? Same thing for KSP - why can't I just jump right to the tracking station or the VAB from a pause list? Oh, the loading, the loading. It's driving me off the rails, there's so much great gameplay that, when I finally get round to it, ends up destroyed by random bugs!

Sorry, that went a bit off the rails. You were saying, SR2 is aiming elsewhere so what I said doesn't hold up. Aight.

7 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:
13 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

16 hours ago, Staticalliam7 said:

KSP 2 is a rockets game, like KSP 1. It's meant to be a physics simulator, with planets, and other things to the side. The devs should focus on making a great physics simulator, with great gameplay, and an easy way for a beginner to become a good player.

I think this is where an in-game planet builder should fall to a modder. It's not worth the dev's time, the developers are more focused on making a good rockets game. If the developers started making a planet builder ingame, why don't they make an ingame part builder, etc. 

Now don't get me wrong, I would love to have an ingame planet builder, Kopernicus is very hard to work with in KSP. But its not something the developers should worry about. It's not in their goal for KSP 2. Besides, if KSP was originally a modless game where the developers would add EVERY SINGLE MOD, it would take forever. But KSP is a foundation, where modders make the expansions for players. Which is also why I love PC more than Console.

KSP 2 is a rockets game, and that's where the developers should focus. I bet the Kopernicus for KSP 2 will be great.

I agree. As easy as it may be to start comparing the games, we need to keep in mind that it is a 10 year old game. KSP 2 (If it's what we are being told it is) will blow every space sandbox game out of the water. Even though SR2 is still in early access, KSP has a much larger dev team and access to more resources. In the end, KSP, no matter how old it is, is more versatile as a rocket game.

3 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

I've never seen a fanbase so forgiving over a game's bugs. bugs. bugs.

The game wasn't built by professionals and for many of the bugs trying to fix them would likely break the game even more. This is why it's so nice to see a sequel being made by a professional studio from the ground up.

Also, what other choice does the fanbase have? Boycott the game? It's not like there's a comparable alternative for a space agency/ space flight simulator, maybe simple rockets 2 in time, but it's still far and away inferior to kerbal

18 hours ago, Bej Kerman said:

Nope, KSP is winning because

K E R B A L S

Guest The Doodling Astronaut
10 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

If this is a separate modding tool after release. Sure, cool to have. It would be the players choice to download it. But apart of the stock game, no. It's not necessary for the stock game.

This, it's not worth the developers time. Especially what the game is targeted to do.