List your favorate KSP 1 mods that should be stock in 2.0

On 9/27/2021 at 8:38 PM, enewmen said:

Free IVA:  Lets kerbals walk around inside spaceships... This was done in the Sims 20 years ago, can't be too hard.

It's not difficult in the sense of being technically challenging or anything like that.  But it's a lot of additional work for marginal benefit. Once the novelty of seeing your spaceships from the inside wears off, it doesn't really add anything to the game. Unless you propose adding minigames, like repairing internal systems or something. But that just sounds tedious.

18 minutes ago, sturmhauke said:

It's not difficult in the sense of being technically challenging or anything like that.  But it's a lot of additional work for marginal benefit. Once the novelty of seeing your spaceships from the inside wears off, it doesn't really add anything to the game. Unless you propose adding minigames, like repairing internal systems or something. But that just sounds tedious.

I understand. It just looks painful and unnatural to see a kerbal stuck in the same seat all day every day for 1 year - even if they look happy.

Edited by enewmen

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Scatterer and SVE.

Believe it or not, I can live without the extra parts and mods. But the planets need clouds.

Is there a light (Performance-wise) EVE config for clouds?

Spoiler

I installed EVE and it shows up in my tool bar but it says that I need a config.

34 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Is there a light (Performance-wise) EVE config for clouds?

Hide contents

I installed EVE and it shows up in my tool bar but it says that I need a config.

Yes, if you use CKAN, it should give you a choice to download a high res, medium res, and low res setting. Although my PC can handle the high res, I always run with medium because it's really not worth the increased performance hit.

12 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Yes, if you use CKAN, it should give you a choice to download a high res, medium res, and low res setting. Although my PC can handle the high res, I always run with medium because it's really not worth the increased performance hit.

Well, I don't have CKAN :/

Is there something I can download directly?

Kerbal Space Program 2 literally NEEDS to have the features in the mods:

• Astronomer's Visual Pack
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements 
  • Scatterer
  • Trajectories
  • KAS/KIS
  • Persistent Thrust/BetterTimeWarp
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • etc . . .
Edited by JebNotFound
typo

19 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Scatterer and SVE.

Believe it or not, I can live without the extra parts and mods. But the planets need clouds.

I gave you a thumbs up. But if you want to visit other star systems in KSP 2.0, I think you will need more than the stock 1.0 LF/O fuel and engines. Ultra-high ISP becomes important at some point.

1 hour ago, enewmen said:

I gave you a thumbs up. But if you want to visit other star systems in KSP 2.0, I think you will need more than the stock 1.0 LF/O fuel and engines. Ultra-high ISP becomes important at some point.

Not necessarily. Could always plan for generational space travel. 

I'm thinking we might see some sort of DLC offering life support at some point. But I say that as a fellow forum member. I've got no insider information. :)

11 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Not necessarily. Could always plan for generational space travel. 

I'm thinking we might see some sort of DLC offering life support at some point. But I say that as a fellow forum member. I've got no insider information. :)

giphy.gif

On 10/6/2021 at 3:16 AM, Staticalliam7 said:

Waterfall, Restoc, Restock+ , Kerbal Reusability Expansion, EVE, and Trajectories

Pretty much all of those are going to be in KSP 2 in some shape or form given that they just patch the holes in KSP 1.

20 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

No. It makes sense. @adsii1970is not a private division or Take Two employee. He is a volunteer moderator. 
They don’t really get access to info about the game. 

Spoiler

It was a joke, that's why I chose Seth Meyers.

20 hours ago, JebNotFound said:

Kerbal Space Program 2 literally NEEDS to have the features in the mods:

• Astronomer's Visual Pack
  • Environmental Visual Enhancements 
  • Scatterer
  • Trajectories
  • KAS/KIS
  • Persistent Thrust/BetterTimeWarp
  • Docking Port Alignment Indicator
  • etc . . .

All of these are pretty much a given for KSP 2, except alignment indicator.

33 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

No. It makes sense. @adsii1970is not a private division or Take Two employee. He is a volunteer moderator. 
They don’t really get access to info about the game. 

Exactly. But as a DLC, it becomes optional content the end user determines is worth altering the core game. 

Want FTL/futuristic propulsion, then buy the DLC! Want life support? Buy the DLC! Want to build underwater settlements and oceangoing vessels? Buy the DLC!

It makes perfect sense and has extended the life of other franchises such as Civilization VI, Cities: Skylines, and many others. 

Guest The Doodling Astronaut

Just a few planet packs, GPP, Salus, Dreskiller Base, Helvica, you know. The good stuff

50 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Exactly. But as a DLC, it becomes optional content the end user determines is worth altering the core game. 

Want FTL/futuristic propulsion, then buy the DLC! Want life support? Buy the DLC! Want to build underwater settlements and oceangoing vessels? Buy the DLC!

It makes perfect sense and has extended the life of other franchises such as Civilization VI, Cities: Skylines, and many others. 

So you're suggesting that Intercept not include anything related to future tech, water exploration in the stock release? Or do you mean they have the basic support for future tech and water exploration upon release and expand on the tech later as a DLC?

6 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

So you're suggesting that Intercept not include anything related to future tech, water exploration in the stock release? Or do you mean they have the basic support for future tech and water exploration upon release and expand on the tech later as a DLC?

What I am suggesting is this - use the lessons learned from the original Kerbal Space Program. Remember, as I have pointed out, and others, too, I have no insider information. I do have a lot of experience as a gamer and can tell you what I have seen other studios do, both the good and bad.

I do not think micro-transactions to buy a ten-part pack would work with the KSP2 community. Heck, I wouldn't even go for that. But in the case of many other titles I own and have bought the DLCs, here's what I can see would be a realistic way to expand the reach of KSP2:

• The core game should have a good selection of stock parts as the original KSP does now, plus a few for the oceans of Kerbin. But no futuristic engines or technology beyond what is predicted for the 22nd century now.
  • DLC that functions on deep space/extended missions outside of Kerbol's SOI, to include futuristic power supplies, FTL technology, advanced station building, etc.
  • DLC that adds more options for ocean exploration, underwater colony development (both on Kerbin and on Laythe), and more uniform options to match those Kerbals which will be used in that environment and setting. 
  • DLC that adds additional celestial bodies (think entire solar systems) outside of Kerbol's sphere of influence.
  • DLC that adds more options, parts, science, and development for colonization.

While many may balk at this approach, Civilization VI has successfully done this and expanded the shelf life of the game considerably, as has The Sims4, Cities: Skylines, and a whole lot of other games. If done right, it would not take away from the KSP experience, but provide a well-rounded game and one that could be customized by the player for the "perfect" experience without having to resort to a ton of mods to do it.

DLCs do not have to be bank-breaking either. Civ VI messed up in this area, as did Paradox Studios. I paid as much for the DLCs as I did the core game. But in the case of the newest DLC for Surviving Mars, the reviews on Steam are horrible. Instead of it being something that seamlessly added to the experience of the game, it seems to make the game more clunky. With the developers of KSP, I doubt we have to worry about this happening.

39 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

What I am suggesting is this - use the lessons learned from the original Kerbal Space Program. Remember, as I have pointed out, and others, too, I have no insider information. I do have a lot of experience as a gamer and can tell you what I have seen other studios do, both the good and bad.

I do not think micro-transactions to buy a ten-part pack would work with the KSP2 community. Heck, I wouldn't even go for that. But in the case of many other titles I own and have bought the DLCs, here's what I can see would be a realistic way to expand the reach of KSP2:

• The core game should have a good selection of stock parts as the original KSP does now, plus a few for the oceans of Kerbin. But no futuristic engines or technology beyond what is predicted for the 22nd century now.
  • DLC that functions on deep space/extended missions outside of Kerbol's SOI, to include futuristic power supplies, FTL technology, advanced station building, etc.
  • DLC that adds more options for ocean exploration, underwater colony development (both on Kerbin and on Laythe), and more uniform options to match those Kerbals which will be used in that environment and setting. 
  • DLC that adds additional celestial bodies (think entire solar systems) outside of Kerbol's sphere of influence.
  • DLC that adds more options, parts, science, and development for colonization.

While many may balk at this approach, Civilization VI has successfully done this and expanded the shelf life of the game considerably, as has The Sims4, Cities: Skylines, and a whole lot of other games. If done right, it would not take away from the KSP experience, but provide a well-rounded game and one that could be customized by the player for the "perfect" experience without having to resort to a ton of mods to do it.

DLCs do not have to be bank-breaking either. Civ VI messed up in this area, as did Paradox Studios. I paid as much for the DLCs as I did the core game. But in the case of the newest DLC for Surviving Mars, the reviews on Steam are horrible. Instead of it being something that seamlessly added to the experience of the game, it seems to make the game more clunky. With the developers of KSP, I doubt we have to worry about this happening.

I think I can see where you're going. Basically like Cities Skylines model of DLC. All the basic functionality is in the base game. The DLCs expand on the functionality and environment of certain areas of the game. 

To use your ocean example, when the game releases, Kerbin's ocean are as they are now, barren, lifeless environments. Basic and crude parts are available to explore it. The DLC gives the ocean fauna (plants, reefs and such) to make it more exciting to visit. More specialized parts to make it easier to explore the ocean floor.

15 minutes ago, shdwlrd said:

To use your ocean example, when the game releases, Kerbin's ocean are as they are now, barren, lifeless environments. Basic and crude parts are available to explore it. The DLC gives the ocean fauna (plants, reefs and such) to make it more exciting to visit. More specialized parts to make it easier to explore the ocean floor.

Exactly! And the colonization DLC could do the same to planets - add resources such as ice (the water kind), fungi, and others to make in depth colonization possible for those wanting to have more of a challenge beyond the stock game.