Playing KSP on my school laptop.

pyropelush

My laptop can't handle a vessel loading into the launchpad, so I got one of my saves and loaded to my mun landers.
The skybox is so low quality you can actually notice the edges of it. Lol.

If you're curious too, I am replying from my school laptop at school. ;P

8 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

A living legend in your own right!

Hide contents

I started with version 0.24 in 2019 at school. 

Can you share specs of your school laptop?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) m3-7Y30 CPU @ 1.00 GHz 1.61 GHz
Installed RAM:  8 GB (7.88) Usable

42 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

while ksp is a worthy cause, as a teacher i am somewhat worried by the large amount of people claiming to play from their school. i do hope it's not during lessons...

I can assure you that this was during some sort of free time, so don't worry. I still learned lol.

I go to an art school and often find myself playing KSP and Orbital Launch Simulator on my laptop during boring art history lecture. Post modernism is so much more interesting when Jeb is crash landing into the Mun. It turns heads in the classroom also, I've put at least 3 of my fellow students on to KSP.

16 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

If only my school allowed me to install KSP, I can count at least 15 people who'd be interested, for a variety of reasons ranging from: BDArmory, RSS/RO, or were inspired by Nexter's Lab.

Do you mean Dexter's Lab?

52 minutes ago, GuessingEveryDay said:

If only my school allowed me to install KSP, I can count at least 15 people who'd be interested, for a variety of reasons ranging from: BDArmory, RSS/RO, or were inspired by Nexter's Lab.

I mean, I'm not allowed to have KSP on the computer but SHHHH.... Don't tell my school staff that I am throwing little green men to the moon and back during History.

this the equivalent of coding a general purpose ai and running it on a chip made from potatoes and prayers to the rain god. 

If I had to guess how this was done I would assume your school has not disabled linux beta and dev mode. because of this fact you were able to install steam and download ksp.

would love to know how you did it correct me if I am wrong

I didn’t use steam to install KSP because they have some blocking system for the computers that prevent certain websites to being connected to. I had a copy of KSP 0.22 downloaded directly from DepotDownloader on a USB drive. I just copied the files from there to my Desktop. Yes, I do legally own KSP.

11 hours ago, asap1 said:

this the equivalent of coding a general purpose ai and running it on a chip made from potatoes and prayers to the rain god. 

If I had to guess how this was done I would assume your school has not disabled linux beta and dev mode. because of this fact you were able to install steam and download ksp.

would love to know how you did it correct me if I am wrong

17 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

while ksp is a worthy cause, as a teacher i am somewhat worried by the large amount of people claiming to play from their school. i do hope it's not during lessons...

Oh, for me back in the day (2 years ago) it was always during free time. I now only play KSP during the weekends at home.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.