Godspeed my friends...

UomoCapra

Hello everyone!

I remember when I joined the KSP-team back in the summer of 2016. Update 1.2 was still in the making, the team was smaller, and Felipe had recently left his role as lead developer. The game community, though, was very passionate, but many were skeptical about our ability to continue the game’s legacy without Felipe and a few other developers who would also leave shortly after… It is needless to say that it was a bit overwhelming to take over the role of community manager around that time. I remember that one of my first tasks was to craft a text to reassure the community and let them know that we were committed to continue our efforts to make KSP the best game it could possibly be, and we asked you to believe in us and to let our actions and our work speak for itself. Five years later, here we are, ten major updates later, two expansions, a sequel on its way, and with the brightest possible future for the KSP universe. You believed in us, and you welcomed me into this amazing community as if I had always been part of it, and for that I’m wholeheartedly thankful :)

These past 5 years have meant everything to me. Just before joining Squad I was struggling with the way my life was unfolding: I had a job I hated, was unmotivated, and my mental health was slowly declining… I needed a change. Then one day, I received a call from @nestor inviting me for an interview. I knew this was my chance to turn things around and start doing something I was passionate about, I couldn’t mess things up. Little did I know that the same evening I would be coming home with a new job, and oh boy… What a job! I got to meet and befriend a team of extremely talented and amazing human beings, who were always there to help and support each other, and with whom I feel extremely privileged and grateful to have been able to work along with. I felt at home and was happy to wake up every morning to go to work, thank you @SQUAD for letting me be part of this!

But all great things have to come to an end, and for me, one of the most exciting chapters of my life is reaching its closure. This was of course a very difficult decision to make, but I’m ready for a new challenge, and I’m excited for what’s to come. My time at Squad and in the KSP community allowed me to grow so much and learn so many things that I now feel confident and ready for whatever the future may hold. 

Finally, I just want to thank once again all my colleagues at Squad, Intercept Games, Private Division, the all the might moderation team, and you, Kerbonauts. I will always hold you dearly close to my heart and will eternally be grateful for changing my life for the better. I know the game and the community are in great hands, and I’m looking forward to seeing what’s coming next. SPOILER ALERT: it’s going to be amazing! 

I’ll see you around and wish you the best of luck!

Happy lauchings!

Daniele “UomoCapra” Peloggio

PS: If you need anything from the Community Management Team, don't hesitate to reach out to @KSPStar , @St4rdust, or any of the moderators, they are awesome and will certaintly do everything they can to help you out. :wink:

2 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

Hello everyone!

I remember when I joined the KSP-team back in the summer of 2016. Update 1.2 was still in the making, the team was smaller, and Felipe had recently left his role as lead developer. The game community, though, was very passionate, but many were skeptical about our ability to continue the game’s legacy without Felipe and a few other developers who would also leave shortly after… It is needless to say that it was a bit overwhelming to take over the role of community manager around that time. I remember that one of my first tasks was to craft a text to reassure the community and let them know that we were committed to continue our efforts to make KSP the best game it could possibly be, and we asked you to believe in us and to let our actions and our work speak for itself. Five years later, here we are, ten major updates later, two expansions, a sequel on its way, and with the brightest possible future for the KSP universe. You believed in us, and you welcomed me into this amazing community as if I had always been part of it, and for that I’m wholeheartedly thankful :)

These past 5 years have meant everything to me. Just before joining Squad I was struggling with the way my life was unfolding: I had a job I hated, was unmotivated, and my mental health was slowly declining… I needed a change. Then one day, I received a call from @nestor inviting me for an interview. I knew this was my chance to turn things around and start doing something I was passionate about, I couldn’t mess things up. Little did I know that the same evening I would be coming home with a new job, and oh boy… What a job! I got to meet and befriend a team of extremely talented and amazing human beings, who were always there to help and support each other, and with whom I feel extremely privileged and grateful to have been able to work along with. I felt at home and was happy to wake up every morning to go to work, thank you @SQUAD for letting me be part of this!

But all great things have to come to an end, and for me, one of the most exciting chapters of my life is reaching its closure. This was of course a very difficult decision to make, but I’m ready for a new challenge, and I’m excited for what’s to come. My time at Squad and in the KSP community allowed me to grow so much and learn so many things that I now feel confident and ready for whatever the future may hold. 

Finally, I just want to thank once again all my colleagues at Squad, Intercept Games, Private Division, the all the might moderation team, and you, Kerbonauts. I will always hold you dearly close to my heart and will eternally be grateful for changing my life for the better. I know the game and the community are in great hands, and I’m looking forward to seeing what’s coming next. SPOILER ALERT: it’s going to be amazing! 

I’ll see you around and wish you the best of luck!

Happy lauchings!

Daniele “UomoCapra” Peloggio

PS: If you need anything from the Community Management Team, don't hesitate to reach out to @KSPStar , @St4rdust, or any of the moderators, they are awesome and will certaintly do everything they can to help you out. :wink:

Godspeed, best of luck in the future!

Spoiler

Please come around and visit once in a while! :valgrin:

Spoiler

DANG IT WHY CAN'T I POST ANY MORE LIKES!?!?

Best of luck on your thesis and defence if you haven’t completed that yet! I don’t think I’ll ever go that route myself but I have a few friends who were super worried about it but passed the defence with ease. So if you are in the same boat I think you will do fine. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.