The sun, like always, rises to the east of the Space Center on... Earth? This is not Kerbin, but instead its larger, wetter cousin. With only one moon and a higher atmosphere, it will more of a challenge to go to space today.  But the Kerbals will persist, with boosters and courage and stupidity and boosters! Welcome to the...

JNSQ KSRSS Space Race!

Hi all! You may remember me from the original JNSQ Space Race, where after technical issues I played the Dressian National Rocketry Association.

We're doing it again, but this time in a 2.5x scaled KSRSS, for added Flavour™. Rules are similar to last time:

-Career Mode

-Medium difficulty +Require Signal For Control

-Mods encouraged, as long as they're not cheaty

-Reverts and quicksaves Are permitted, but don't abuse them. This is mostly for fending off the Kraken, let your doomed machinations tumble to the ground!

These rules will be updated as the race nears its beginning

However, other rules such as progression and the scoring system, tech tree mods, contruction time, lifesupport etc. are yet to be decided, as I'd like to have you input on that first!

The competitors are as follows:

1. The Neo-Dressian Spacefaring Foundation

The NDSF is an organisation founded by eccentric businesskerbs Nertia (not at all related to the excellent modder and KSP2 Dev of a similar name) and Eeloon Kerman. It began when the pair were out on what their agents call a 'Danger Trip' (I think some of them are still hyperventilating) in which they discovered the ruins of the old DNRA facility. There they found an old Imperial Dressian flag, bleached by the sun and torn from wind-strewn rubble and inquisitive wildlife. Judging from what remained of the facility around it, this flag was originally destined for the surface of the Moon, but it was a destiny that was never realised due to the demise of the DNRA... until now. Nertia and Eeloon knew that they needed to take the Kerbals to space once again... For realsies, this time! To this end, the Neo-Dressian Spacefaring Foundation was formed. Similarly to the DNRA before it, it sported the national flag of the Dressian Confederacy, but as most of its funding came right out of Nertia's own Gluon Corporation, its logo was plastered front-and-center of the NDSF's flag. While it still recieved government subsidies, the NDSF was far less reliant on them than the DNRA, this hopefully meant it could take a few hits financially before it went under.

SrGwy5c.png       

2. Space Agency of the Western Hemisphere (SAoWH)

It's known for its long acronyms and lack of creativity in naming, and every rocket, spacecraft, kerbal, station and base will have long acronyms as their names. Despite its name, it's actually just a small country that forgot its own name throughout its history and is now called "Small country in the west of earth" with SCiWE as its acronym.  The naming schemes in this country always cause troubles in international relations. Even though it is a very small and unimportant country, its space technology is surprisingly advanced.

WxQE9Ed.png

The race will begin when we have enough people, and once some of the above rules have been agreed upon. So go forth, and form your own space agencies!

Edited by The Dressian Exploder

I’d like to join, but between running my own space race, an active career report (plus one in RP-1 that I still need to pick up again) and all those boring “life” things I’m not too sure how much time I’ll have for it. Put me down as a maybe and once the rules/goals are done I’ll get back to you.

The space agency is called "Space Agency of the western hemisphere", or SAoWH for short. It's known for its long acronyms and lack of creativity in naming, and every rocket, spacecraft, kerbal, station and base will have long acronyms as their names. Despite its name, it's actually just a small country that forgot its own name throughout its history and is now called "Small country in the west of earth" with SCiWE as its acronym.  The naming schemes in this country always cause troubles in international relations. Even though it is a very small and unimportant country, its space technology is surprisingly advanced. So basically: SAoWH, acronyms and this is the flag: https://imgur.com/a/CXsSqsP

We keep this kind of thing in the Challenges sub, and so, moved. While we're here, please remember not to get overly invested in your faction as "roleplaying" has caused no end of trouble on the forum. 

Well, it did end, I guess. When we banned it. 

Anyway, you get the idea. 

2 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

We keep this kind of thing in the Challenges sub, and so, moved. While we're here, please remember not to get overly invested in your faction as "roleplaying" has caused no end of trouble on the forum.

Im just curious but why was roleplaying so problematic? 

• 6 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.