[1.12.3] SIMPLEX Colonies 1.1

theJesuit

On 1/18/2022 at 4:46 PM, SkyFall2489 said:

@theJesuit,

I'm having trouble with welding parts using UbioZur. Could you please load up this craft file and weld it for me, and send me the resulting CFGs?

I've got a lot of mods, so if it says "unknown part modules" its fine.

Hide contents

<snip>

Unfortunately it won't let me load it!

So, instructions for what I do for welding, I use a separate install.   I've gone and had a look at my downloads, with some Googling...

For whatever reason (I have no idea) I don't use the most recent versions.

https://github.com/UbioWeldingLtd/UbioWeldContinued/releases

UbioWeldContinued-2.5.3

ModuleManager-4.1.4.7

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/ModuleManager/releases

No parts made with MM patching can be used it is whatever is loaded in a part CFG file as the altered MM doesn't load the patches?  But for welding all you actually want is the models.

18 hours ago, SkyFall2489 said:

For some reason, I can't see this on CKAN, even though spacedock says it is on ckan.

I asked on the CKAN thread.

Because MoarKerbals is a requirement and is not in a stable release currently CKAN won't index it so they can't put on this one.

8 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Unfortunately it won't let me load it!

So, instructions for what I do for welding, I use a separate install.   I've gone and had a look at my downloads, with some Googling...

For whatever reason (I have no idea) I don't use the most recent versions.

https://github.com/UbioWeldingLtd/UbioWeldContinued/releases

UbioWeldContinued-2.5.3

ModuleManager-4.1.4.7

https://github.com/net-lisias-ksp/ModuleManager/releases

No parts made with MM patching can be used it is whatever is loaded in a part CFG file as the altered MM doesn't load the patches?  But for welding all you actually want is the models.

@Lisias has a working, mostly up-to-date version

1 hour ago, SkyFall2489 said:

What error did you get when you tried?

Can't remember.  There were a few. The red writing in the open menu was different i think and thwre qas a pop up that I don't remember seeing before.

Is it only with stock parts?

8 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Is it only with stock parts?

Should be. However, I'm using Restock, and the hitchhiker has the Snacks resource (empty) and Soil resource(also empty) from the mod Snacks. Few other modules as well, from other mods. I have both DLCs, but that shouldn't affect anything. Could you try to load the file again and see what happens?

49 minutes ago, SkyFall2489 said:

Should be. However, I'm using Restock, and the hitchhiker has the Snacks resource (empty) and Soil resource(also empty) from the mod Snacks. Few other modules as well, from other mods. I have both DLCs, but that shouldn't affect anything. Could you try to load the file again and see what happens?

Yup.  I didnt have the DLCs installed with my working one so that may be it.

• 3 months later...
On 1/2/2022 at 3:23 PM, SkyFall2489 said:

@theJesuit, when this is done, can you add it to CKAN?

On 1/12/2022 at 8:05 AM, kennyc222 said:

nice mod! But will you upload it to ckan? Make me easier to download

On 1/12/2022 at 4:43 PM, theJesuit said:

Once I have it running the way I want I'll get it added to CKAN :)

On 1/14/2022 at 10:00 PM, kennyc222 said:

Yeah... can'twait for ckan release so i can try it out ASAP! 

On 1/20/2022 at 11:47 PM, SkyFall2489 said:

For some reason, I can't see this on CKAN, even though spacedock says it is on ckan.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:33 PM, theJesuit said:

I asked on the CKAN thread.

Because MoarKerbals is a requirement and is not in a stable release currently CKAN won't index it so they can't put on this one.

Just elaborating a bit for those who keep asking, we've had a pending request to add this mod to CKAN since October 2021:

But the required MoarKerbals update isn't in CKAN yet (initially it was a pre-release, which LGG has now removed, and Curseforge doesn't allow CKAN to access its mods), so we're waiting for that to resolve (hence why I'm here reading up on recent developments).

5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Just elaborating a bit for those who keep asking, we've had a pending request to add this mod to CKAN since October 2021:

But the required MoarKerbals update isn't in CKAN yet (initially it was a pre-release, which LGG has now removed, and Curseforge doesn't allow CKAN to access its mods), so we're waiting for that to resolve (hence why I'm here reading up on recent developments).

It's OK, I'm willing to wait, and there aren't too many dependencies...

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2021 at 8:11 AM, SkyFall2489 said:

Nevermind - the name system has been disabled, and the recruit system requires a civillian kerbal to already exist in the part

maybe MM patch the localization file?

Sorry if i'm posting too much.

On 12/31/2021 at 2:41 PM, zer0Kerbal said:

this has been explored - it can be done, but has serious potential problems. See Module Manager thread for some more details, needless to say the limitation is in Module Manager and the `#` character.

A new version (still pre-release) of MoarKerbals (and therefor MoarKerbalsParts) is in the short list for the New Year.  I already know what code has to be added. Recommended to use a localization string in the part (like #SIMPLEXC-xxx) instead of just assigning. Extensive effort has gone into localizing both mods; more when there is news.

3 hours ago, sarbian said:

Thanks to @NathanKell hard work we can now patch the localization nodes.

• Support wildcards in nodetype matching so you can do @*,* {}
  • Support # in value names since loc names start with #
  • Tell Localizer to reload the language after MM finishes
ModuleManager.4.2.2.dll

@theJesuitLooks like with the new MM update we can do it now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.