How to go to eve?

48 minutes ago, Pod4898 said:

How do i get to eve? It somehow is hard to go to there. Infact, I tried many times to go there. But it failed. Is there any correct blueprints that can go to eve?

https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:How_to_get_to_Eve
https://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:Returning_From_Eve

Going to Eve is relatively simple if you just want to land with an unmanned probe.
But if you're planning to going there with a crew or a just a single Kerbal and want to get them back to Kerbin,
then it's a whole other thing, is the most complicated mission in the game.

Edited by antipro

On 10/1/2021 at 10:59 PM, antipro said:

is the most complicated mission in the game.

There are a bunch of missions that are more complicated than Eve. For example, the Jool 5.

Eve is probably the single hardest body to orbit from, but it's a lot easier to get to than Tylo.

8 hours ago, camacju said:

There are a bunch of missions that are more complicated than Eve. For example, the Jool 5.

ok, if we include hard contracts too, such as landing on multiple planets like Laythe and Tylo, then you're right.

8 hours ago, camacju said:

Eve is probably the single hardest body to orbit from, but it's a lot easier to get to than Tylo.

if you're saying that landing on Eve and back to home is "a lot" easier than landing on Tylo and back, I'm not agree.
landing on Eve involves to deal with its atmosphere while you aerobrake and take off from the surface and apart the higher cost in dV,
the complexity is inherent in the assembly of a vehicle capable to deal with Eve's atmo.

Edited by antipro

8 hours ago, antipro said:

if you're saying that landing on Eve and back to home is "a lot" easier than landing on Tylo and back, I'm not agree.
landing on Eve involves to deal with its atmosphere while you aerobrake and take off from the surface and apart the higher cost in dV,
the complexity is inherent in the assembly of a vehicle capable to deal with Eve's atmo.

No, I'm saying that Eve is a lot easier to land on. Ascending from Eve is a lot harder, but still quite possible with propellers.

48 minutes ago, camacju said:

No, I'm saying that Eve is a lot easier to land on.

Points of view.

50 minutes ago, camacju said:

Ascending from Eve is a lot harder, but still quite possible with propellers.

Yes it is, anyway I don't have any DLC, so I've never used propellers, but even if I had them I would never build such a rocket,
which has the propellers closed in a box, which would practically never work IRL.
However I imagine that it is also possible to build a vehicle driven by propellers which have space for the entry and exit of air.

1 hour ago, Kerb24 said:

I just need to figure out the returning from Eve surface.

you need a multi stages rocket with at least about 7800 dV in vaacum / 3400 at sea level, only to reach an eq. 120km LEO.
or use propellers and save some dV.

Edited by antipro

@Echo__3 I was looking at your video, I've seen you mounted two aerospike engines one beside the other,
and then you mounted a 2,5m diameter Service Bay under them. I always tough it wasn't possible.

is it because you used an "FL-A151L Fuel Tank Adapter", available only with the Making History Expansion installed?
is that part that is capable to mount 2 engines and has an
additional node for other 2,5 parts or is maybe a mod?

Edited by antipro

1 hour ago, antipro said:

@Echo__3 I was looking at your video, I've seen you mounted two aerospike engines one beside the other,
and then you mounted a 2,5m diameter Service Bay under them. I always tough it wasn't possible.

is it because you used an "FL-A151L Fuel Tank Adapter", available only with the Making History Expansion installed?
is that part that is capable to mount 2 engines and has an
additional node for other 2,5 parts or is maybe a mod?

I used the EP-25 Engine Plate from Making History to mount the Aerospikes.  No part mods were used in the build. The goal was to show how the DLCs can make an Eve mission a lot easier.

33 minutes ago, Echo__3 said:

I used the EP-25 Engine Plate from Making History to mount the Aerospikes.

Interesting, thanks.
I am increasingly convinced of a future purchase of the two DLCs on sale.

33 minutes ago, Echo__3 said:

The goal was to show how the DLCs can make an Eve mission a lot easier.

Of course I got that. I was just pointing out that I don't like clipping parts, or inflatable shields upside down,
large and strange shaped fairings, and in particular those
propeller engines boxed into a service bay.
However, everyone plays as they want. De gustibus non est disputandum.

Edited by antipro

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.