How to get a free PS5 upgrade for the PS4 version owner?

Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition will be available digitally for purchase for $39.99. Existing owners of Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition on PlayStation 4 will receive a free upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version. Xbox One owners of Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition can upgrade to the Xbox Series X|S version upon launch free of charge.

Hi Everyone :)

I am a PS4 version owner. As the official announcement said "Existing owners of Kerbal Space Program Enhanced Edition on PlayStation 4 will receive a free upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version. "

But till now I don't see any free purchase item on PS STORE.

Is there anything I don't know about this?

Can anybody tell me the way to upgrade freely? 

Thank you!

Assuming you have a PS5, you can search for KSP on the PS store, and a few different things should pop up. There should be both a PS4 version and a PS5 version showing up separately among the results, each version marked by a little icon for the platform. If you purchased the PS4 version on your current account, the version marked for the PS5 should pop up as free. If you got the PS4 version on a different account (i.e. a parent account on that console), you'll have to switch back to that account to get the PS5 version for free. Then you should be able to download and play it.

10 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

Assuming you have a PS5, you can search for KSP on the PS store, and a few different things should pop up. There should be both a PS4 version and a PS5 version showing up separately among the results, each version marked by a little icon for the platform. If you purchased the PS4 version on your current account, the version marked for the PS5 should pop up as free. If you got the PS4 version on a different account (i.e. a parent account on that console), you'll have to switch back to that account to get the PS5 version for free. Then you should be able to download and play it.

I had done it before as your post said. All I found is a PS5 version item which I have to pay for it. So I Google for a solution. Unfortunately, I found nothing. And then I posted the question here for answers.

Unfortunately again. Your answer does not match the reality of the PS store. PS4 version owners like me have to pay again to get the PS5 version.

I hope you check your account on the PS store to verify it.

If it is a bug on the PS store. Please fix it.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.