[1.12.5] ANGLECAN Part Tweaks 1.3

theJesuit

ANGLECAN Part Tweaks

Download from Spacedock

Requires Module Manager (not included).

Licence  is CC-BY-NC-SA http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

This mod contains a couple of Module Manager patches that tweak parts in a stock fashion but often to make life a little more interesting.

If you don't like any of them you can delete the individual files!

Docking Port Snap

Docking Ports will only lock in 15 degree implements.  Sure, you could use the 1.12.2 rotating docking port thing, but this forces a correct alignment when you dock.

Also, the docking snap feature is configured to work with JPL Repo's Docking Fix in 1.1

Fairing Limiter

Fairing widths are nerfed.  For most it gives a width of  .75 metres  wider than than the base plate.   This was to stop ridiculously wide fairings on toothpick rockets.

• For the 1.25m fairing, this means the octagonal Mk1 LanderCan JUST fits. 
  • For the 2.5m Fairing, the bulgy Mk2 LanderCan fits reasonably well. 

JNSQ Mün move

JNSQ, the Mün is moved to 55,5000 km instead of 90,960 km.  This means that it is a ~1510ms-1 delta vee transfer (not 1545), which is crucially just under 2 and a half days rather than several.

This also means that a pod in Kerbalism with 5 days supplies in their pod can get there, orbit, and return before the crew will get hungry, or suffocate!

EVA Science

This won't show unless Breaking Ground is installed.  I'm talking about the experiment that needs an inventory part.

The reason?  This EVA science pack doesn't play neatly with Kerbalism's awesome science setup.  I also  don't really use Break Ground.  I did think about remove the deployable science but <insert kerbal shrug emoticon here>

MacLuky Landercans

Only the Mk1 Landercan with 2 seats is added.

BahaEPL Tanks

BahaEPL tanks removed.

KER Parts

KER parts removed.

kOS Parts

kOS parts removed, instead kOS is available on all command parts.

Cyro-engines Parts

Hydrolox Engines no longer installed.

kOS Parts

kOS parts removed, instead kOS is available on all command parts.

KDVA Tanks

Only some of the KDVA tanks remain (the grey ones), others are removed.

TETRIX Limiter

Some TETRIX TechTree nodes are removed.

Edited by theJesuit
1.3 update

29 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

These seem like the kind of things that could integrate well with Patch Manager.

Possibly.  Sounds like another thing to learn though :)

Next update will include a patch to move the Mun in JNSQ to have orbital period of 12 days.

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Or ask for help??? :D:D:D

For the JNSQ patch, or Patch Manager?:D  I really don't have the head space in the next wee while.  I have two more things to get done before I can have a good playthrough again!

How would that work with a potential kopernicus patches?

Well, I'm happy to have someone make a suggestion of how to patch it in. 

Looking at it @theonegalen , yes it could be helpful to pick and choose and change you are right.  Thanks for the suggestion, sorry for the flippant remark back :)

• 1 month later...

Okay!

A couple of added 'features'

With JNSQ, the Mun is moved to 55,5000 km instead of 90,960 km.  This means that it is a ~1510ms-1 delta vee transfer (not 1545), which is crucially just under 2 and a half days.  It also means taht a pod in Kerbalism with 5 days supplies in their pod can get there, orbit and return before the crew die!

EVA Science, that is the newer crew experiment that needs a backpack? This won't show unless Breaking Ground is installed.  The reason?  I don't really use break ground as the deployable science doesn't play neatly with Kerbalism 3.   The EVA science pack is the same.

If you don't like either of these you can delete the individual files!

Also, the docking snap feature is configured to work with JPL Repo's docking fix.

• 1 year later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.