[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Precursors V1.7.1-- ODYSSEY UPDATE -- NOW ON GITHUB!

wpetula

11 hours ago, wpetula said:

The lack of a Scatterer config on these worlds is intentional to avoid creating some interesting effects (lava "water" and vacuum muck waves).

You are correct, the mod is somewhat incomplete. I did my best to polish it before releasing it to the public, but obviously there are still be many problems (especially since this is my first planet pack and mod). The height maps and poles will be improved after some of the more game-breaking bugs are fixed. 

That's odd. Fracture's lava should not be hidden underground. Places that appear to have lava from space should have lava on the surface. Can you send me a series of screenshots / a video detailing the problem?

Thanks for the feedback! The 1.0.2 update will be released tonight (last night was busier than expected, sorry).

Thanks for the Feedback, You should probably fix the oceans being blue on fracture. ALSO IT WAS TENSION NOT FRACTURE I AM AN IDIOT,  also why do Icebound , Vista, Scar and Tension have underground ocean?

8 hours ago, bobjonesisthebest:D said:

ALSO IT WAS TENSION NOT FRACTURE I AM AN IDIOT,  also why do Icebound , Vista, Scar and Tension have underground ocean?

For some reason, the AtmosphericTriplanarZoomRotation material type only works on vacuum moons if they have an ocean. Without the hidden ocean, the terrain quickly becomes transparent with distance. After days of troubleshooting, this was the only solution I could find.

Also note that with the 1.0.2 update, the black terrain bug on Frontier is fixed with a hidden underground ocean.

Version 1.0.3 is released!

• Fixed Scatterer config file paths
  • Fixed Scatterer artifacts on Frontier
  • Added more detail to Echo’s surface
  • Modified PQS deactivation height
Edited by wpetula
whoops wrong version

Just a quick bug report, Scar is a pretty much uniform grey in PQS view, even on the brown areas. I think it may need a higher albedo too. ALso, it says that frontier is -100º F, waaaaay to cold for habitablilty. And also i noticed glitchiness with frontier's really low atmo.  maybe 50km would be a better size?

Edited by TRAPPIST-1E

1 hour ago, TRAPPIST-1E said:

Scar is a pretty much uniform grey in PQS view, even on the brown areas.

Hmmm I'll look into that tomorrow

1 hour ago, TRAPPIST-1E said:

ALso, it says that frontier is -100º F, waaaaay to cold for habitablilty. And also i noticed glitchiness with frontier's really low atmo.  maybe 50km would be a better size?

Frontier is meant to be super cold. While this temperature isn't habitable, the surviving Kerbals managed to set up an emergency colony with proper heating just before freezing. 

If necessary, I will increase the temperature of Frontier. Also, can you describe what the bugs with the atmosphere look like? Thanks!

3 hours ago, funnelton said:

is there any chance you'll make this another solar system near the kerbol system in the future?

I plan on releasing an interstellar patch sometime in the future. My main priority right now is to fix bugs.

Version 1.0.4 is released! With this update comes an overhaul of Echo.

• Enhanced the height map
  • Revamped the color map
  • Added more biomes
  • Added more science 
  • New ocean color

Hopefully Echo looks a lot better now! :)

On 10/15/2021 at 7:16 PM, ballisticfox0 said:

I can't wait for EVE configs of this pack! Thank you for making this amazing mod:)!

Thank you so much! Your images are absolute stunning. How do you get them to look so good?

Also, Frontier's atmosphere is supposed to be white. Was it an artistic choice to make the atmosphere blue?

18 hours ago, wpetula said:

Thank you so much! Your images are absolute stunning. How do you get them to look so good?

Also, Frontier's atmosphere is supposed to be white. Was it an artistic choice to make the atmosphere blue?

I used tufx to enhance the colors a bit and increase the color depth, it tends to make things a bit blue.

Edited by ballisticfox0

Version 1.0.5 is released! Frontier has gotten a terrain update.

• Overhauled Frontier's polar regions
  • Enhanced the color map
  • Updated biome map and names

Note: Frontier may receive future terrain updates.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:38 PM, wpetula said:

Version 1.0.6 is released! Windswept has some new land forms.

• Enhanced the color map
  • Added more biomes
  • Added more science

Windswept is now more than basins and continents!

Is the shininess fixed?

12 hours ago, TRAPPIST-1E said:

Is the shininess fixed?

In stock, the ScaledSpace shininess should be fixed. With Scatterer applied, I’m not sure if there’s a way to adjust the ScaledSpace shine on atmospheric worlds.

In terms of terrain shininess, that should be fixed. If it’s still a little wonky, let me know.

I tried your mod a few hours today, and WOW is the homeworld Frontier tough in conjunction with a tech tree mod. :o

Looking at the parameters of Frontier, I decided to build a baby's first plane with some basic science on it. Oh boy, was that a surprise when throttling the engines! :D

Guess I'm not taking the plane research anytime soon. Quietly hoping there's a more favourable launch location to unlock somewhere.

Currently only made it to Scar's scar and back. I liked the bodies so far, they're big and seem more realistic that way! Although both had quite shiny terrain...