[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Precursors V1.7.1-- ODYSSEY UPDATE -- NOW ON GITHUB!

wpetula

4 hours ago, siklidkid said:

Wpetula, Do you know how i enter in the coords that i got from an  eva report on Silence?

I do know what the coordinates are used for. I'll give their purpose away in the spoiler box, but if you want to speculate yourself, here's a hint: they might not be your traditional coordinate system.

Spoiler

The signal you translated in the EVA report is the same one that led to the formation of the expedition. Back in the Kerbolar System, the signal was too faint and distorted to be completely translated, with only the coordinates to the new solar system and a few word fragments of the message remaining intact. 

21 minutes ago, wpetula said:

I do know what the coordinates are used for. I'll give their purpose away in the spoiler box, but if you want to speculate yourself, here's a hint: they might not be your traditional coordinate system.

Reveal hidden contents

The signal you translated in the EVA report is the same one that led to the formation of the expedition. Back in the Kerbolar System, the signal was too faint and distorted to be completely translated, with only the coordinates to the new solar system and a few word fragments of the message remaining intact. 

I'll do that

After months of hard work....

Version 1.3 is released!

MOAR PLACES TO GO

With this update comes a tremendous amount of content. Gather your Kerbals and ready your ships: the Ignotum System has expanded!

-Added 2 new outer planets

-Added a new inner planet

-Added 3 new moons

-Loads of new science

-More lore

-New splash screens and loading tips

-Minor improvements

-Honestly, this thing has been in development so long that I can't remember everything I've implemented

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

[DECLASSIFIED] K-1

jevVwqc.png

[DECLASSIFIED] K

FupjTnm.png

Reaching towards the stars

DvRC7Vc.png

--ERROR--

--ERROR--

XZBVRUNCVZB[REDACTED]ZBVXBZNZBVXITCALLSZBVXCZDONTZCVXZB

zytVk25.png

Edited by wpetula

6 hours ago, Pg109_Rocket said:

Is the atmosphere of the home world supposed to be blue because the rest of the worlds look correct in the tracking station but I understand from previous posts here that the homeworld should have a white atmosphere? 

oh no, not again....

Are you using Scatterer, and if so, what version? I thought I fixed this, but maybe I missed a version or something. Thanks for letting me know!

EDIT: 

Yup, a new version of Scatterer came out and broke Frontier's atmosphere again. The patch is out now on SpaceDock

Edited by wpetula
Patch released

7 hours ago, wpetula said:

oh no, not again....

Are you using Scatterer, and if so, what version? I thought I fixed this, but maybe I missed a version or something. Thanks for letting me know!

EDIT: 

Yup, a new version of Scatterer came out and broke Frontier's atmosphere again. The patch is out now on SpaceDock

Hey thanks for the reply.

Indeed I'm using Scatter as well as it's default config and sunflare mods. The patch doesn't seemed to have fixed the issue however.

I did notice that when I load into my save the atmosphere did appear white on the KSC screen but then reverts back to the blue when launching a craft or using the tracking station etc. 

I've even tried doing a clean install but that did not have any effect.

Edited by Pg109_Rocket
Added clean install

1 hour ago, Pg109_Rocket said:

I did notice that when I load into my save the atmosphere did appear white on the KSC screen but then reverts back to the blue when launching a craft or using the tracking station etc. 

I've even tried doing a clean install but that did not have any effect.

That's...mildly concerning. I'll look into it tomorrow. I tested the atmosphere multiple times on my setup as clean as I could, but I guess I'm still missing something. 

13 hours ago, Pg109_Rocket said:

The patch doesn't seemed to have fixed the issue however.

*Deep breath*

Okay, I think I found and fixed the issue. I am uploading another patch shortly. After installing this new version into KSP, make sure to delete the stock atmosphere folders out of Scatterer (Eve, Kerbin, Duna, Jool, Laythe). Then everything should work as intended.

Edited by wpetula

1 hour ago, wpetula said:

*Deep breath*

Okay, I think I found and fixed the issue. I am uploading another patch shortly. After installing this new version into KSP, make sure to delete the stock atmosphere folders out of Scatterer (Eve, Kerbin, Duna, Jool, Laythe). Then everything should work as intended.

Bingo! The creepy white atmosphere is working! Thanks for the fix.

By the way I got a Scar contract to land in one of it's oceans but does it actually have any? A glance at the tracker station didn't reveal anything obvious. 

29 minutes ago, Pg109_Rocket said:

By the way I got a Scar contract to land in one of it's oceans but does it actually have any? A glance at the tracker station didn't reveal anything obvious. 

Hehe...so funny story...

You can't see it on the tracking station, but there is an ocean hiding under the terrain on all vacuum bodies. For whatever reason, vacuum worlds don't render correctly without an ocean. This was an issue a while back that I for the life of me could not fix, and the hidden ocean stuff was the only solution I could find.

Is the contract error game breaking?

Edited by wpetula

14 hours ago, wpetula said:

Hehe...so funny story...

You can't see it on the tracking station, but there is an ocean hiding under the terrain on all vacuum bodies. For whatever reason, vacuum worlds don't render correctly without an ocean. This was an issue a while back that I for the life of me could not fix, and the hidden ocean stuff was the only solution I could find.

Is the contract error game breaking?

I wouldn't describe it as game breaking but I think you can't get the rest of the bodies contracts since I'm pretty sure even if the contract expires it just gives you it again so you can't get any other Kerbin World Firsts contacts for that body.

Edit: I tried accepting the contract and then cancelling it to try and get the other missions but apparently these milestone contracts can not be denied once accepted. Accepting this contract I think also soft locks the milestone contract lines, even the ones for other bodies. 

Edited by Pg109_Rocket
Additional Info

10 hours ago, Pg109_Rocket said:

Edit: I tried accepting the contract and then cancelling it to try and get the other missions but apparently these milestone contracts can not be denied once accepted. Accepting this contract I think also soft locks the milestone contract lines, even the ones for other bodies.

Hmm. I looked into mods that would allow me to create custom contracts, but I've run into a few snags:

• It looks like it's possible to add new contracts, but I don't know if I can replace the stock ones
  • I could try disabling a certain type of contract in Precursors, but that would require an additional mod, and then you wouldn't receive any ocean contracts
    • I haven't seen a mod that specifically allows you to disable ocean contracts

As a temporary solution, I saw this reddit post about eliminating certain contracts and adding more doable contracts to your game:

Tuesday through Saturday, I will be at the FRC Championships competition, but I will try to research a better solution for this issue when I have time.

On 4/18/2022 at 9:49 AM, wpetula said:

I came here to find out if I just couldn't find the water on Scar. :P

I have a career mission to splash down on Scar. I sent a resource scanner to look for water and didn't find any, so I then tried landing in the Main Basin hoping that's what it meant.  It was not. I'll say that it's close enough though, so I was able to use the cheat menu to complete the contract and move on, if anyone else is having the same issue.

1 hour ago, Aezon said:

was able to use the cheat menu to complete the contract and move on, if anyone else is having the same issue.

I asked the Kopernicus Discord to take a look at the transparent terrain issue. Apparently, CTTP textures might not be suited for use with AtmosphericTriplanarZoomRotation. I'll try to switch the textures for stock or custom ones when I return home. In the meantime, I recommend following Aezon's example and using the cheat menu to complete impossible contracts. 

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Thank you for your patience and feedback!

If you have problems with contracts such as "splash down on scar" then download the mod called "Exploration plus"(you need contract configurator or it wont work). it removes the stock exploraion contracts and replaces them with a few contracts such as: Land on <body>, Orbit around <body>, Fly by <body> and more.You dont have to do docking missions around other planets than homeworld btw

Edited by yoarebignoob

31 minutes ago, harleyquinneth said:

I haven't been able to check yet, if I install JNSQ will it bigify all the planets?

Only one way to find out!

31 minutes ago, harleyquinneth said:

Also, is there a deltaV map available?

Not yet, but this is a very good idea. Finally, something I can work on while in school.

29 minutes ago, yoarebignoob said:

bruh i just landed on solus,rage,serenity (i couldnt land on tranquility) and the reports are just bruh

Uhhh...I'm not sure how you managed to land on Solus or Rage, but hats off to you.

39 minutes ago, harleyquinneth said:

I hope that doesn't sound rude, I'm no modder and have no idea how much work that would be

It's not at all rude, especially since you recognized the work might be a lot. I will add it to my list of potential future updates, but for now, I am more focused on custom surface scatters, EVE, and other world enhancements.

1 hour ago, Flipper028 said:

@harleyquinneth

You can get RESCALE 2.5 to work with any planet pack, make sure you get the latest sigmadimensions and rescale directly from their respective github pages as the versions on CKAN are outdated/misbehave.

Oh really!? I tried forcing the download of old versions both of those on ckan and that didn't work, but I'll give that a go!

1 hour ago, Flipper028 said:

@harleyquinneth

You can get RESCALE 2.5 to work with any planet pack, make sure you get the latest sigmadimensions and rescale directly from their respective github pages as the versions on CKAN are outdated/misbehave.

It worked! there's so issues, like the KSC floating off the ground, and I assume any ground scatter might have the same problem, but it's working and seems stable

Hello my friend, I am very much enjoying this mod.  Do you accept donations for your work? Or I could contribute to a charity of your choice if you would prefer.  It's only a few bucks but I like to kick in when I can.  Thank you for your efforts.