[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Precursors V1.7.1-- ODYSSEY UPDATE -- NOW ON GITHUB!

wpetula

14 hours ago, Aezon said:

Do you accept donations for your work?

At the moment, I do not have a donations page set up. However, extra support is always appreciated, so I’ll look into creating a GoFundMe page. I’ll let you know when it’s up and running. Thanks!

Edited by wpetula
GOFUNDME IS UP

15 hours ago, harleyquinneth said:

Hiya, loving the mod so far! I was wondering if there are any alternate launch sites on frontier? 

Not yet,  but I will consider adding some in the next update. Good suggestion!

A sneak peak of the next update: world building and deeper lore

R04dOjg.png

jGnR4wv.png

All custom surface scatters are ported in from Blender, and all models are 100% original. So far, we have some spiky bois and anomalies on Char.

Edited by wpetula

So I'm exploring the Scourge system and having a good time of it. Cetus is super cool! I was going to set up a mining base on Hydra, but I ran into a slight problem. The sphere of influence is 22km, but the minimum height for the orbital resource scanner is 25km.

I don't usually use mining, but not knowing the dV requirements for sure has me wanting safety nets :)

Edited by Aezon

8 minutes ago, Aezon said:

The sphere of influence is 22km, but the minimum height for the orbital resource scanner is 25km.

I’m not familiar with resource maps and planet mining. As of Version 1.3.2, Precursors contains no custom resource maps. I’m not sure what the implications of this are, but it might be worth going down to Hydra and just checking it out. The moon isn’t very big.

Aye, I just landed my mining rig on Hydra and started drilling.  There was ore so I'm all good

This is the survey scanner I'm talking about. It's stock and it's worth a good bit of science, but it has the minimum altitude of 25km.  I don't think it even really matters cause if a ship is on Hydra, it's not hard to move it.

I think I am going to postpone a landing on Scourge and venture next to the Rage system instead. I am extremely curious about the surface of Scourge, but I don't have the relays available yet to send anything back even from a probe. More science is needed. What is in those Scourge  "oceans" anyway?!?

12 hours ago, An Amongus Sussy Player said:

i recommend to use 4k textures

All textures are 4096 x 2048 (4K in the world of planet textures). As for the black icon, I have no idea what you mean. All celestial bodies have a custom white icon as seen from the tracking station and map view.

EDIT: ohhh I understand now. You mean terrain. Yes, the terrain textures need a major update. For now, I am focusing on improving more important elements of the mod.

Edited by wpetula

6 hours ago, wpetula said:

All textures are 4096 x 2048 (4K in the world of planet textures). As for the black icon, I have no idea what you mean. All celestial bodies have a custom white icon as seen from the tracking station and map view.

EDIT: ohhh I understand now. You mean terrain. Yes, the terrain textures need a major update. For now, I am focusing on improving more important elements of the mod.

Hey man I really like this mod
Infact the terrain textures SERIOUSLY need an upgrade because they are an essential part of the mod (infact the most essential)
and just zoom into your maps a little because in my playthrough I have had an issue with Low quality maps

1 hour ago, An Amongus Sussy Player said:

Infact the terrain textures SERIOUSLY need an upgrade because they are an essential part of the mod (infact the most essential)

The current mod update trajectory is:

Lore --> Terrain/textures --> Surface scatters --> EVE support + Parallex (depending on if I ever figure out how to make a cloud map)

Version 1.4 is released!

LORE AND STORMS UPDATE

As the title suggests, this update focuses on the story content in Precursors. New story additions include:

• Huge sums of new science experiments
  • Revised existing science experiments (no more filler experiments on the outer planets!)
  • A new biome on some celestial bodies: SIGNAL ZONES
  • Lots and lots of new lore to uncover

Tired of the monochrome appearance of the outer planets? The STORMS aspect of the update spruces up the textures for all gas and ice giants in the system with:

• New textures for Serenity and Tranquility
  • An updated texture for Rage

SCREENSHOTS 

YdPxG1R.png

7eJjPlN.png

qrZxkg7.png

And finally, the LORE AND STORMS UPDATE contains general polish for the mod:

• An updated splash screen
  • New loading tips
  • An updated version of Solus' stock sun flare
  • Minor config/description tweaks

Thank you everyone for your continued support! More updates are planned for this summer.

Happy flying :)

Edited by wpetula

44 minutes ago, yoarebignoob said:

Is it signal zones?

…perhaps

43 minutes ago, yoarebignoob said:

wait is frontier supposed to be 4th planet from the sun?

In the most recent update (1.4), it’s the 5th planet from the sun. What other mods are you using? You might be experiencing incompatibility issues.

10 minutes ago, yoarebignoob said:

also why is my frontier atmosphere blue?

Likely because you are not using the most recent version of Scatterer. Atmospheres are generated differently in the newer versions.

1 hour ago, wpetula said:

…perhaps

In the most recent update (1.4), it’s the 5th planet from the sun. What other mods are you using? You might be experiencing incompatibility issues.

Likely because you are not using the most recent version of Scatterer. Atmospheres are generated differently in the newer versions.

yeah it is signal zones. Thanks scansat

Moons arent planets so. Fracture Echo Frontier Windswept Scourge Rage Serenity

oh alr

so signal zones are the lore biomes?

about to go to frontiers and scars signal zones. see you in a bit

18 minutes ago, yoarebignoob said:

Moons arent planets so. Fracture Echo Frontier Windswept Scourge Rage Serenity

You misunderstood. Look at the OP. The order of the planets is as follows:

Fracture — Echo — Windswept — Scourge — Frontier — Rage — Serenity + Tranquility

20 minutes ago, yoarebignoob said:

about to go to frontiers and scars signal zones. see you in a bit

PLEASE DO NOT POST MAJOR SPOILERS OUTSIDE A SPOILER BOX. Additional posts that include spoilers about specific lore without a spoiler box will be removed from this thread.

21 minutes ago, wpetula said:

PLEASE DO NOT POST MAJOR SPOILERS OUTSIDE A SPOILER BOX. Additional posts that include spoilers about specific lore without a spoiler box will be removed from this thread.

I am a good person so i know that.

Spoiler

So what ive learned from the science reports from frontiers signal zone is the settlers said that there is alot of iron.But its too cold so they want to move to a celestial body thats warmer but farther away (scourge or one of the moons of rage... i think its silence) and the "its warmer than back at" may be frontier or kerbin

btw i think my planet order is broken LOL

What i think about scar signal zone

Spoiler

So i think that a probe called (or thats its program name) New frontiers 1 was sent to Frontier/Scar. It was sent to see if Frontier was habitable. It found alot of iron on Frontier but it also found out that its too cold for colonization. The probe succeed and send back data to something (prob. Kerbin). and the recovery chance of Kerbin was 56%.Thats all

Edited by yoarebignoob