[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Precursors V1.7.1-- ODYSSEY UPDATE -- NOW ON GITHUB!

wpetula

14 minutes ago, umph7 said:

While I'm probably spoiled by Parallax ground textures, the cliffside textures didn't seem to load, unfortunately

What visual / terrain mods are you using (do I see ballisticfox’s neutral tufx config)? The cliffs on Tension should definitely have detailed textures. I’ll check to see if I can recreate the bug this week. Thanks for letting me know!

20 hours ago, wpetula said:

What visual / terrain mods are you using (do I see ballisticfox’s neutral tufx config)? The cliffs on Tension should definitely have detailed textures.

Visual mods used:

Scatterer, EVE-Redux (this should only affect oceans in this mod, right?), Waterfall, Restock (plus)..

TUFX was not yet installed while taking that screenshot.

While I'm at it, some small things i noticed:

- The ground beneath the KSC should be made a bit flatter, i think you can see under a corner of the tracking station.

- The camera of the KSC (eg. after loading a save) has it's focus beneath the KSC, not at the buildings' ground level.

- The KSC is not in an equatorial location, not mandatory, but an observation.

- A probe 1-way trip to Silence (which has a nice, soft atmosphere for a change  ): I assumed the large white landmass were snowy hills, but the science reports designate them as 'glaciers'. It might be popular media talking, but when I picture glaciers, I see rugged, inhospitable terrain. I've also not driven a rover around, so maybe my landing spot was unusually flat.

I did like the volcanoes(?) I saw on descent. 

On 10/26/2021 at 3:20 PM, umph7 said:

I think you can see under a corner of the tracking station.

Update: It's actually possible in my game to see under most of the KSC.

On 10/26/2021 at 3:20 PM, umph7 said:

... the science reports designate them as 'glaciers'. It might be popular media talking, but when I picture glaciers, I see rugged, inhospitable terrain....

Scratch this, probably impossible to do in KSP for large worlds. It's not like Eeloo has rugged terrain. I did wonder why Silence hasn't got any ice caps like Kerbin or Laythe...Trip to Echo('s moons) this time:

Spoiler

XnI3yPq.png

2o9qFzp.png?1

I think EVE-Redux was interfering with Maar's quicksand and turned it blue:

Spoiler

dDosHE0.png

Map View displayed normal dark brown craters.

Fortunately, the bug unlocked the secrets of the universe under the surface :P:

Spoiler

nbWI3yM.png

On 10/25/2021 at 6:48 PM, wpetula said:

The cliffs on Tension should definitely have detailed textures.

I moved the Community Terrain Textures Pack folder from under your OR folder to see if that helped. Wasn't the cause, most ground textures were gone after moving it. Will return to see if it persists.

Edited by umph7
Spoiler-ed screenshots

20 hours ago, umph7 said:

Fortunately, the bug unlocked the secrets of the universe under the surface :P:

Maar’s quicksand fog isn’t working right. I’ve been trying to fix it with no avail.

Update: It's actually possible in my game to see under most of the KSC.

Another thing I need to fix. Will get to that soon!

Stop me if I post spoilers (too much) or something.

You’re good. Just make sure to put your images / spoilers in a spoiler box. Thanks!

Seems incompatible with Strange New Worlds, log will be uploaded later 

Edit: checked with Strange New Worlds thread it seems it also incompatible with some system replacer like RSS so it is likely on their side I guess, ignore this.

Edited by ssd21345

Not sure if just me but the entire KSC is floating except the runway

It's floating so high you can drive under it! Using the altimeter on the top of the screen it's floating about 24 meters above the ground.

https://imgur.com/a/GOi5Jpu

Edited by Awesomesauce1337

15 hours ago, Awesomesauce1337 said:

It's floating so high you can drive under it! Using the altimeter on the top of the screen it's floating about 24 meters above the ground.

Oh YeAh, ThAt’S a FeAtUrE!

I will try to get that fixed soon. Real life has been extremely busy lately. Thanks!

Edited by wpetula

Spoiler

Ks573dn.png

Interesting place, Fracture...

Spoiler

p4zDC3B.png

It was confusing how heat worked in it's atmosphere, as sometimes, only half of my plane would 'overheat'.

Spoiler

iOwiJws.png

But it's very clear you can't...

Spoiler

...land on Fracture. Going below 3000 meters melts command pods from the inside, along all other non-heat resistant components.

Wm41DNB.png

jtGNA3z.png

Spoiler
1 hour ago, umph7 said:

Going below 3000 meters melts command pods from the inside, along all other non-heat resistant components.

Landing from low orbit is possible provided you have parts with high heat resistance. Because HazardousBody does not seem to work, I was forced to modify the temperature of the atmosphere to simulate the destructive power of lava. This unfortunately created some problems.

Edited by wpetula

20 hours ago, wpetula said:

Because HazardousBody does not seem to work, I was forced to modify the temperature of the atmosphere to simulate the destructive power of lava. This unfortunately created some problems.

Doesn't it?

Spoiler

I was getting fluctuating temperature gauges while in space (stable orbit) on the dark side of Fracture, I assumed it to be IR radiation off the 'seas'.

On 11/4/2021 at 1:02 PM, umph7 said:

I was getting fluctuating temperature gauges while in space (stable orbit) on the dark side of Fracture, I assumed it to be IR radiation off the 'seas'.

This might be a good compromise while I fix the problem. Fracture is close to the Sun and molten, so even orbiting Fracture can be a hazard.

Hopefully I can get HazardousBody all ironed out. I heard other modders were having trouble with it too (no specific names off the top of my head, sorry)

• 1 month later...
On 12/13/2021 at 1:03 AM, Watermel00n said:

The first video is out now!

Question: what visual mods are you using? Frontier's atmosphere is supposed to be white. I've heard some mods mess with Scatterer atmosphere colors.

Note that I am just checking to make sure that this isn't a bug on my end. If a visual mod is doing funky stuff, that's totally fine.

Edited by wpetula

Version 1.0.7 is released! 

MOONS OF ECHO UPDATE

• Completely revamped Vista
  • Enhanced Maar
  • Tweaked the surface textures on many bodies

Unfortunately, I have not been able to figure out how to fix the shininess issue.  But....

....in a few days, I have a surprise update for everyone!

Edited by wpetula

Looks cool, but have to double - KSC floats above the ground, this makes driving off the launch pad impossible.

And is it normal that air breathing engines don't work - air deprived? 

Edited by qwertyza