[1.9.x - 1.12.x] Precursors V1.7.1-- ODYSSEY UPDATE -- NOW ON GITHUB!

wpetula

Version 1.5.1 comes out tomorrow!

MOON OVERHAULS -- PART 2

Scar came first--now it's Icebound's turn for an overhaul! The Maar revamp will come alongside the 1.5.2 update.

Changelog

• Completely overhauled Icebound with new maps, biomes, and more
  • Adjusted Icebound's size, orbital parameters, etc.
  • Scatterer atmosphere improvements
    • Scattering now accounts for terrain elevation
    • Minor tweaks
  • Replaced a splash screen of Frontier with a newer image
  • Improved Scar's description
  • Minor config tweaks

Screenshots

Icebound 2.0

Dmc5j2X.png

tN6fU0M.png

Scatterer atmospheres

aXZ2Zx8.png

f24Gpak.png

f0aYlDc.png

Download Precursors 1.5.1 on SpaceDock (https://spacedock.info/mod/2869/Precursors Planet Pack) when it releases!

On 10/15/2021 at 7:16 PM, ballisticfox0 said:

Absolutely stunning work!

Sorry from quoting you back from so long ago, but I love the screenshots you took of Precursors in its early development.

If I install your configuration of TUFX, would I also be able to take high quality and artistic screenshots like yours?

Edited by wpetula

18 hours ago, wpetula said:

Sorry from quoting you back from so long ago, but I love the screenshots you took of Precursors in its early development.

If I install your configuration of TUFX, would I also be able to take high quality and artistic screenshots like yours?

Probably, the screenshots I take don't require as much skill as people think.

Just adjust the Gamma, PostExposure and contrast to what fits for the situation, you can use CameraTool's pathing mode for a completely unbounded camera and you can use Nvidia's DSR to run the game at 4k.

On top of running the game at 4k in ksp's settings.cfg file you can up the screenshot supersampling for even higher quality screenshots.

59 minutes ago, yoarebignoob said:

The new scatterer can cause crashes if you removed the kerbin folder inside of it, just saying after i was trying to fix it for 5 hours...

Maybe try using Precursors' Kerbin/Frontier Scatterer folder as a replacement for the original Kerbin folder?

Version 1.5.2 is out now!

MOON OVERHAULS -- PART 3

Maar's craters are no longer uniform, not even close. Major upgrades have been made.

tCbrz1B.png

Changelog

MOON OVERHAUL UPDATE PART 3

• Completely overhauled Maar with new maps, biomes, and more (the liquid transparency issue was NOT fixed)
  • Enhanced Fracture with a new color map, biome map, and touched up height map
  • Adjusted Frontier's color map to be less saturated
  • Adjusted Windswept's color map to be less saturated and more detailed
  • Adjusted Icebound's color map to be less saturated
  • Lowered Frontier's Scatterer atmosphere
  • Updated science definitions
  • Added new loading tips
  • Minor config tweaks
  • Minor Scatterer tweaks

Screenshots

262PcbL.png

1ON7abs.png

7HsnvtJ.png

V5w6dlz.png

This update is likely going to be last for a while. If there are bugs or game lags, I'll fix those, but college applications are going to consume most of my time in October.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, bigyihsuan said:

Is this pack "natively" 2.5x like JNSQ, or is it stock-scale 1x?

One presumably rocky planet has a radius of 550 km and a surface gravity of 0.93 g, strongly indicating that the system is set at stock scale.

Edited by Leganeski
Clarification

2 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

Hmm, how would one determine this for fictional planets? 2.5x bigger than ... what?

For KSP planet packs, the "1x" standard is usually either the stock system or 1/10 size RSS. For example, a "1x scale" Earth-like planet, with a surface gravity of 1 g, has a radius of approximately 600 km (Kerbin) to 637 km (1/10 size Earth). JNSQ's Kerbin has the same surface gravity but a much larger radius of 1600 km, which is 2.5-2.7x as big. Other JNSQ planets are similarly about 2.5x larger than a body of the same surface gravity would be expected to be in stock, so it is said to be at 2.5x scale.

In this case, the planet Echo is similar to Earth/Kerbin, with slightly less surface gravity (0.93 g). This means that at 1x scale, its radius would be about 0.93 times as large, or approximately 558-592 km. Its actual radius is 550 km, which is about the same, so the "1x" designation is correct. Other planets in the system are at similar scales: the ice giant Serenity, for example, has a similar radius and surface gravity as 1/10 scale Neptune.

Edited by Leganeski

I am currently working on an interstellar patch for Precursors and wormhole integration with the Singularity mod. I might also be giving the Kerbol System a little makeover to reflect the time that has passed since the expedition crash landed on Frontier.

WarningKopernicus was not able to load the custom planetaryystem due to an exception in the loading procesLoading your saved game is NOT recommended.because the missing planets could corrupt it and deleteyour progressPlease contact the planet pack author or theKopernicus team about the issue and send them a validbug report, including your KSPlog, yourModulemanager. Config Cache file and the folderLogs/Kopernicus/from your KSP root directoryOK   My God, what's wrong with this report?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

*cracks knuckles*

Roadmap for the upcoming Christmas Update

K7NBkIc.png

Improved lava on Fracture--no more "orange juice"

OxGnL1Q.png

8HJcPhD.png

Improved coastlines on all oceanic bodies

Changes to the update plan

Due to innumerable bugs and development problems, Precursors will not be going interstellar after all. Don't worry, though! The Christmas Update is still ramping up to be something special with

• Improved performance--all height, color, and biome maps will be converted to .dds
  • Improved visuals--new moon overhauls, better oceans and lava, and more
  • Improved gameplay--custom surface scatters on every celestial body OR Parallax support

Oh, and easter eggs. There will be a lot of those.

Happy holidays, everyone!

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

Hey so  all of my transfer windows are 7 to 12 years in the future? I've tried multiple mods and they all say the same?

I think someone said that this is an incompatibility issue with planet packs in general. I don't think Precursors is the problem here. Maybe bring your question over to the transfer window mod(s) forum?