Where are all the music files kept

the_electro_bros

KSP/Music, there are folders for music played in editors (construction) and in space (space). Not all the music can be accessed, I believe some of it is compiled e.g. the main menu theme.

There’s a mod called SoundtrackEditor that allows you to add your own music directly into KSP, it’s a bit different to most other mods as you have to add files to folders other than GameData but it can make a big difference if you’re fed up of the same six tunes on a loop.

On 10/4/2021 at 12:56 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

KSP/Music, there are folders for music played in editors (construction) and in space (space). Not all the music can be accessed, I believe some of it is compiled e.g. the main menu theme.

I've always wondered this and have never had any luck finding the music folder. Can you be more specific than KSP/Music?

1 hour ago, Ahres said:

I've always wondered this and have never had any luck finding the music folder. Can you be more specific than KSP/Music?

There’s nothing to be more specific about- go to the KSP directory and inside it there’s a folder, called Music, containing music.

16 hours ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

There’s nothing to be more specific about- go to the KSP directory and inside it there’s a folder, called Music, containing music.

This is fascinating. I do not have, nor have ever had, a music folder.

4FqgD7q.png

To give some more information, my installs are the full portable copies from the actual KSP webstore. I don't do update patches and I don't play it through Steam.

Edited by Ahres

33 minutes ago, Ahres said:

This is fascinating. I do not have, nor have ever had, a music folder.

4FqgD7q.png

To give some more information, my installs are the full portable copies from the actual KSP webstore. I don't do update patches and I don't play it through Steam.

I have a steam copy and I don't think I have a music folder. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.