Mini Moke Versatile.

ColdJ

License: CC-BY-SA-4.0 GPLv3

Now updated to 2.0.1

Forgot the SPH folder in 2.0.0

https://spacedock.info/mod/2873/Mini Moke Versatile?ga=<Game+3102+'Kerbal+Space+Program'>

Mini Moke Versatile. A parts pack to give you a truly customisable Kerbal sized Mini Moke. (not the legs obviously as then it would be almost flat :) ) It comes in a standard 4 seat size and a shorty version. The standard has a range of accessories, bars for front back and roll over, a roof rack and window frame that all come in a range of colours. A canopy, the rear seats are optional (remember to place any Kerbals in them that you want to show up, when in the SPH, as they don't auto fill.) and you can put an aluminium tray in instead to make it a ute or just leave it empty. There is also a registration plate you can put anywhere you like. It will show whatever flag you have set for the vehicle. The front seats do auto fill. The shorty has it's own roll bar. Both mokes come in a range of colours (including original Kerbal). Their are 5 wheel choices. Evertything but the rego plate have their own nodes to snap into. The tray and it's nodes are orientated front to back so they don't get hung up on the other nodes. The snorkel out of my Kerbin Rover Redux mod goes well on the front fenders. So a car, rover, taxi, Mun buggy or even a shuttle to move Kerbals around a space station. It is up to your imagination what you would like to do. I have included a copy of the "Rocket Sounds Enhancement" plugin, but without it's sound library so that it only needs the GPL 3 license. I have a sound effect of my own in my mod so that if you have "Rocket Sounds Enhancement" installed the wheels make a humming noise that changes pitch with speed. (I personally don't like silent rovers.). I hope you have fun with this vehicle. AS WITH ALL WHEELS, THEY NEED TO BE ROTATED 90 DEGREES CLOCKWISE ONCE PLACED ON THE VEHICLE TO BE THE RIGHT WAY UP. THE VALVE MARK SHOULD BE AT THE TOP.

Changelog.

Added 3 new types of vehicles. A left hand drive Jeep for the other side of the runway. A Jeep Forward Control like, utility truck with 3 different trays including a car carrier. A trailer chassis so the trays can be used as trailers as well. A small trailer for the small vehicles.
A hinge hitch so that you can have your trailers articulate when you go over humps. (Requires Breaking Ground to work.) A Fun Buggy with a built in impeller that floats so you can use it as a Personal Water Craft. I was too lazy to restrict the impellar to water, so if you have a full load of Kerbals and are using the impeller while on land, you can hit P to pop open their parachutes and go Paragliding. Just remember to repack the chutes when you land. Many accessories for the new vehicles including a winch. Requires Kerbal Attachment System to work.All vehicles have a front node for it but as it also surface attaches you need to Alt snap to node. New spot lights and a light bar that use the new KSP system, so you can change colour and make them blink. A portal hub so that the small vehicles can use the larger wheels. New wheels for the Jeep and Truck. Jerry Can and holder. A storage box. etc. Enjoy.
Demo vehicles in the SPH folder.

5YevY9I.png

ImagineFunBlufBlusPrisPrissPrisbOTaxiTF

Edited by ColdJ
Update

Sorry but I would have to build an entirely new mesh and where I am from the steering wheel is correct. Stems from way back in ancient Roman times when your sword hand was your right hand and you had to be sure you could be ready for traffic coming the opposite way that might be aggressive. Unless you have a very complex and busy road system in your game you should be fine. You might even get used to and start enjoying driving on the left side of the runway. :)

@shdwlrd

@shdwlrd I am building an American style Jeep to go with the next iteration, with left hand drive. Any accessories you would like for it? I will be doing the windscreen, a roll bar, a canopy, possibly a KAS using winch and a rear protection bar. I already have a trailer that works with all 4 of my current vehicles, some bigger offroad tyres and a much bigger wheel for serious rock climbing, I have built a portal hub adapter so the vehicles can use them.  @Caerfinon @Kerminator K-100(because you like rovers) @Singhnaut(because you were interested)

zU5IDnm.pngAv7czNB.pngcrlbsZh.png

12 hours ago, ColdJ said:

@shdwlrd I am building an American style Jeep to go with the next iteration, with left hand drive. Any accessories you would like for it? I will be doing the windscreen, a roll bar, a canopy, possibly a KAS using winch and a rear protection bar. I already have a trailer that works with all 4 of my current vehicles, some bigger offroad tyres and a much bigger wheel for serious rock climbing, I have built a portal hub adapter so the vehicles can use them.  @Caerfinon @Kerminator K-100(because you like rovers) @Singhnaut(because you were interested)

zU5IDnm.pngAv7czNB.pngcrlbsZh.png

I think its a good idea to add color schemes to it/customization along with a possible BDA adapter 

2 hours ago, Singhnaut said:

I think its a good idea to add color schemes to it/customization along with a possible BDA adapter 

Colour schemes it has, single tone for the body but all the ones the Mokes have. You will have to clearly explain what you mean by BDA adapter if you want whatever that is.

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

Colour schemes it has, single tone for the body but all the ones the Mokes have. You will have to clearly explain what you mean by BDA adapter if you want whatever that is.

like a reserved spot where u can put weapons and missiles or maybe just ammunition/supplies!

2 hours ago, Singhnaut said:

like a reserved spot where u can put weapons and missiles or maybe just ammunition/supplies!

These are meant to be for transport of Kerbals and supplies, not tanks. But there is already room in the back when in 2 seat mode for ammunition boxes and the like. I am sure you can attach missles and machine guns to the roll bars. The trailer will give you plenty of storage. If you want vehicles set up for war/BDA you might like the mods by @StinkyAce

https://spacedock.info/mod/2832/M4E8 Sherman Tank "Fury"

https://spacedock.info/mod/2841/German WW2 Horch

https://spacedock.info/mod/2840/German WW2 Kubelwagen

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

These are meant to be for transport of Kerbals and supplies, not tanks. But there is already room in the back when in 2 seat mode for ammunition boxes and the like. I am sure you can attach missles and machine guns to the roll bars. The trailer will give you plenty of storage. If you want vehicles set up for war/BDA you might like the mods by @StinkyAce

https://spacedock.info/mod/2832/M4E8 Sherman Tank "Fury"

https://spacedock.info/mod/2841/German WW2 Horch

https://spacedock.info/mod/2840/German WW2 Kubelwagen

thx. I just wanted it to be convertible into a light armored car like the jeeps of ww2 (except they weren't armored)

again I suppose you could use the bda armor plates to fulfill this 'dream'

On 10/10/2021 at 1:22 AM, ColdJ said:

I am building an American style Jeep to go with the next iteration, with left hand drive. Any accessories you would like for it?

Well, since it's a Willie's or CJ style, maybe just a cargo rack for the hood and some decorative gas cans and spare tire for the tailgate. The older styles of Jeeps didn't have all the crazy stuff like the modern Jeeps do. 

Oh, some extra lights, but those can be done easily. Just MM patch a duplicate of the Illuminator Mk1 with the proper scale and that should be it.

4 hours ago, shdwlrd said:

Well, since it's a Willie's or CJ style, maybe just a cargo rack for the hood and some decorative gas cans and spare tire for the tailgate. The older styles of Jeeps didn't have all the crazy stuff like the modern Jeeps do. 

Oh, some extra lights, but those can be done easily. Just MM patch a duplicate of the Illuminator Mk1 with the proper scale and that should be it.

No worries. It already has a node for the spare wheel. (my wheels come without shock towers so you just pop one in the spare wheel spot and turn off the steering and power. I don't make them cargo parts though because past results in that area have been disasterous when an engineer tries to reattach.) There are jerry cans already available in my Kerbin Rover Redux mod. But I might add another for this mod. I have a light bar already made that fits the roll bars. I will look up the hood rack to see what it looks like. Extra spots also available in the Kerbin Rover Redux mod. This is not an exact replica of a Willys or CJ but rather a Kerbal similar version.

https://spacedock.info/mod/2804/Kerbin Rover Redux

zspHLVr.pngrgC6Ox3.pnghtBhI3o.pngoEijqzR.pngneD4YjS.pngBq1rJGq.pngYE48tmu.pngE6iMh8Q.png

Edited by ColdJ

4 hours ago, Kerbals_of_Steel said:

Just throwing this out there as a suggestion:

How about a slightly more heavy duty rover based on either the Uni-Mog or an old Forward Control Jeep?

Each is basically a box on a frame, and you could probably re-use portions of the existing trailer to make a cargo bed.

I love these oddball rover builds :cool:

KoS

I will see what I can do. Will have to try to keep them flatish as KSP has a vertice limit, that the .mu plugin keeps reminding me of. I don't really do IVAs so it will be something open like the others. My setup is very basic and though I have been slowly learning new tricks, it still takes many iterations till I get a model how I want. The Jeep and Fun Buggy are done but for some last accessories. I hope to do a beach buggy/beetle like thing next and a large open 4x4. I have new spotlights that use the latest light system, a new Jerry can and a KAS using winch done. Looking at some sort of box for the hood as the only racks I saw were for High Lift Jacks and that is not really functional for KSP. Also a can holder, even though you can literally stick the can to the sides of things.

VlZxIZR.pngzSgwEYN.png

Defender can on left and my new one on right.

pzTBZVO.png

Added 2 new trays for the truck, a wide one with sides that will fit a jeep in there but due to the enhancement colliders on the wheels the moke was too wide, so I built a flat car carrier. Then I built a long trailer chassis so that the trays could be also used as trailers, then I realised that just tipping the carrier on a hinge wouldn't be enough to load cars, so I built a ramp that you attach to the small telescoping piston that slides out from the car carrier to reach the ground. Got the Jerry can holder and the Jeep box built but just sorting out attachment. Trying to get a window for the truck to look right. I have the winch and if the truck can't drive up and over, then you just send out a Kerbal with a cable to act as an anchor and winch up. (These kerbals are surprisingly strong.) Would love to know how to have stronger seat belts as they stay for most rollovers and jumps, but every now and then they throw themselves out.

@Caerfinon@Kerbals_of_Steel@shdwlrd@Singhnaut

eZdCIZx.pngOZTn1CQ.pnggAB1nv6.pngcT37TiL.pngQZ8HEhs.png

8 hours ago, ColdJ said:

Added 2 new trays for the truck, a wide one with sides that will fit a jeep in there but due to the enhancement colliders on the wheels the moke was too wide, so I built a flat car carrier. Then I built a long trailer chassis so that the trays could be also used as trailers, then I realised that just tipping the carrier on a hinge wouldn't be enough to load cars, so I built a ramp that you attach to the small telescoping piston that slides out from the car carrier to reach the ground. Got the Jerry can holder and the Jeep box built but just sorting out attachment. Trying to get a window for the truck to look right. I have the winch and if the truck can't drive up and over, then you just send out a Kerbal with a cable to act as an anchor and winch up. (These kerbals are surprisingly strong.) Would love to know how to have stronger seat belts as they stay for most rollovers and jumps, but every now and then they throw themselves out.

@Caerfinon@Kerbals_of_Steel@shdwlrd@Singhnaut

eZdCIZx.pngOZTn1CQ.pnggAB1nv6.pngcT37TiL.pngQZ8HEhs.png

haha yes!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.