I found an interesting article that nobody seems to know about with a release timeframe.

Thundy

Former NASA engineer Campos to be featured in video game
It's an interesting article to read, but I noticed something in it...

The game is expected to be released early next year on platforms like PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PCs and more.

First time seeing a release window. I thought "Maybe this article is from 2019?", I double checked, it's from September 19th 2021. That makes it early 2022? Crazy.
What do you guys think about this?

Edited by Thundy
better title

Wow thanks, Thundy, for bringing this to light. I'm still trying to figure how to read it without subscribing. Any way to do that?

I've still been optimistic they get it released in the first half of next year. Officially, we know from T2 earnings reports that the game is set to release in FY2023, which begins April 1st, 2022. So I'd say the chances are good it's not coming before that. But this is the closest we've gotten to confirmation that we're less than a year away from release!

18 minutes ago, Ahres said:

Wow thanks, Thundy, for bringing this to light. I'm still trying to figure how to read it without subscribing. Any way to do that?

I got in normally, didn't get any notifications for subscription, since this is my first time visiting this website. Try deleting your cookies for that website? I tried it in the Washington Post (or one similar, don't remember) once and it worked, it gave me free 3 articles to read before giving me a propt to subscripe, I deleted the cookies and my counter got reset.

18 minutes ago, Ahres said:

we know from T2 earnings reports that the game is set to release in FY2023, which begins April 1st, 2022. So I'd say the chances are good it's not coming before that.

I know this, which is contradictory to me. I'm puzzled by the release date. Does early mean its in the first half, first third or first quarter? if its first quarter than that would contradict the T2 earnings report, if its first half then it'd be from April to June.
There are 3 types of time ranges, There 's "Early - Late" and there's "Early - Mid - Late", and the quarters, saying "early" could be any of theses' "early".

Edited by Thundy

3 minutes ago, Thundy said:

I know this, which is contradictory to me. I'm puzzled by the release date. Does early mean its in the first half, first third or first quarter? if its first quarter than that would contradict the T2 earnings report, if its first half then it'd be from April to June.
There are 2 types of time ranges, There 's "Early - Late" and there's "Early - Mid - Late", and the quarters, saying "early" could be any of these's "early".

Or did they just add in "early" when they really don't know? Or did Nate only say "early" so that's all the writer said? We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

57 minutes ago, Thundy said:

Former NASA engineer Campos to be featured in video game
It's an interesting article to read, but I noticed something in it...

First time seeing a release window. I thought "Maybe this article is from 2019?", I double checked, it's from September 19th 2021. That makes it early 2022? Crazy.
What do you guys think about this?

OH HOLY SCHMET!!!

10 minutes ago, Ahres said:

Or did they just add in "early" when they really don't know? Or did Nate only say "early" so that's all the writer said? We'll find out soon enough I suppose.

I hope it is the latter.

Offtopic, but on the article topic.

Spoiler

Never do so. My eyes... My beautiful eyes...

Your Choices Regarding Cookies
We and third parties may deploy cookies and similar technologies when you use our site. Please review the information below and select the cookies that you want to enable. You can continue to the site without accepting these cookies but certain features may not be available or function properly.
Editorial, Functionality and Social Media Cookies
We use third-party services for commenting, videos, and embedding posts as part of our news coverage. The providers of these cookies may use the data as explained in their privacy policies.
Performance, Content Recommendation and Personalization Cookies
We use our own and third-party services to provide content recommendations and customize your user experience and advertising. The providers of these cookies may use the data as explained in their privacy policies.
Analytics
We use cookies to analyze and measure traffic to the site so that we know our audience, what stories are read, where visitors come from, and how long they stay. You can opt out of these analytics cookies by unselecting the boxes below.

28 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Not sure why the release date is news, there's a pinned thread at the top of this sub forum, which has been there for almost a year, that says exactly that.

It did say "2022", but didn't mention any specifics about the date, could be January 1st to December 31st 2022 for all we know.
This is news because it specified "Early 2022" as a timeframe.

Outside of a tribute to Mr Campos, there's nothing of note in the article. 

Personally I do think it's cool that the Intercept team is continuing to honor individuals from the aerospace and astrophysics fields.

21 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Not sure why the release date is news, there's a pinned thread at the top of this sub forum, which has been there for almost a year, that says exactly that.

It most certainly does not say exactly that.

The excitement here is the fact that it said early next year, which has not been stated anywhere officially nor unofficially.

Edited by Ahres
Sheesh Ahres, be cool.