my tweakscale isnt working how can i help you guys to help me

Hi, you may need to check a few things first,

How to get support

Also, have you looked in the mods post to see if there may be any other dependencies....

TweakScale

Which happens to be the place where you can post your log file/s, these will be needed to see what's happening.... as just saying "it isn't working"

will not be enough information.  This: will Ping @Lisias  and if he has a spare moment in his very busy time, he may get back to you.

Good luck and, honesly Lisias I'm not stalking.....:lol:

1 hour ago, Jackmason said:

after getting a couple mods and just getting this game and pc a week ago. most if not all my ships use this mod and im getting errors saying that it isnt working and when im in the game my saved ships have an error

Hi! TweakScale maintainer here. As explained above, I need the KSP.log in order to understand what's going on your game. Post the KSP.log on dropbox or something like that, and then post the link here - from this point , I can help!

10 minutes ago, glibbo said:

Good luck and, honesly Lisias I'm not stalking.....:lol:

We believe you! Me, Santa and Easter Bunny! :sticktongue:

Spoiler

intro-1522082265.jpg

Got it. Let's crack this nut!

At first, I see you have a lot of different module manager versions installed:

[LOG 20:30:05.698] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ModuleManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager'
[EXC 20:30:05.703] MissingMethodException: PopupDialog PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog(UnityEngine.Vector2,UnityEngine.Vector2,string,string,string,bool,UISkinDef,bool,st
ring)
        ModuleManager.ModuleManager.Awake () (at <cba76a7283cc4ffd86d84aad05dc451d>:0)
        UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
        AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
        AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
        <LoadObjects>d__90:MoveNext()
        UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
        <CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
        GameDatabase:StartLoad()
        <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
        LoadingScreen:Start()
[LOG 20:30:05.703] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ModuleManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager'
[LOG 20:30:05.712] [ModuleManager] version 4.1.3.0 at D:\KSP\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll won the election against
Version 4.1.3.0 D:\KSP\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
Version 4.1.3.0 D:\KSP\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll

And this include a really old one:

Mod DLLs found:
Stock assembly: Assembly-CSharp v0.0.0.0
ModuleManagerWatchDog v1.0.1.1
Scale_Redist v1.0.0.0 / v2.4.5.9
KSPModFileLocalizer v0.2.3.7
ModuleManager.2.7.5 v2.7.5.0   <------- !!!!!!
ModuleManager v4.1.3.0
ModuleManager v4.1.3.0
ModuleManager v4.1.3.0

As we can see from the following log, this very old MM version is running together the newest one!

[LOG 20:30:05.698] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'ModuleManager' from assembly 'ModuleManager'
[EXC 20:30:05.703] MissingMethodException: PopupDialog PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog(UnityEngine.Vector2,UnityEngine.Vector2,string,string,string,bool,UISkinDef,bool,st
ring)
        ModuleManager.ModuleManager.Awake () (at <cba76a7283cc4ffd86d84aad05dc451d>:0)
        UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
        AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
        AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
        <LoadObjects>d__90:MoveNext()
        <CreateDatabase>d__71:MoveNext()
        GameDatabase:StartLoad()
        <LoadSystems>d__11:MoveNext()
        LoadingScreen:Start()

And, by plain luck, it tries to use something on an old Unity version that it's not available anymore on newer ones - otherwise you would have TWO instances of MM running on your rig, with unforeseeable consequences (as they would be trying to patch everything twice).

Being not bad enough a pretty old ModuleManager is being run together newest ones, from the newest the one winning the "election" is the oldest one!!!

[LOG 20:30:05.712] [ModuleManager] version 4.1.3.0 at D:\KSP\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.1.3.dll won the election against
Version 4.1.3.0 D:\KSP\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.1.4.dll
Version 4.1.3.0 D:\KSP\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll

I suggest you delete all the Module Manager DLLs from your rig but the newest one, ModuleManager.4.2.1.dll . Really, remove the older Module Managers. There's a newer version from it for a reason - the 4.2.1 release has fixes needed by some add'ons, and you may using one of these add'ons.

You have ModuleManager WatchDog installed on your rig… I wonder why it had not barked on this problem…. :/ 

I also found a file called WatchDog.cfg on your GameData. If this if the file I think it is, this is the wrong place for it. It must be inside ModuleManagerWatchDog folder. I think you have something messed up on installation, because MMWD also didn't found Scale.dll (the TweakScale dll that loads its code)!!!

[LOG 20:30:13.204] [WatchDogForScaleRedist] Version 1.0.1.1 /L
[LOG 20:30:13.204] [WatchDogForScaleRedist] DETAIL: No clients found. Sanity Check aborted.

And this solves the mistery. You have the TweakScale patches installed (I found the folder), but you don't have the Scale.dll installed!!!! So there's no TweakScale code at all on your installment, there's no one to run the scaling data on the part...

Reinstall the latest TweakScale and things will scale normally. ;) 

Additionally, I also found that you installed the Extras directory on your GameData. This is an error - the Extras directory contains patches that can be only applied under determined circumstances, you need to read the README.md inside these directories to know if you need them or not. Again, Remove the GameData/Extras (and read the installing instructions before installing things by hand!).

I also found this exception on your KSP.log:

[LOG 20:30:12.441] Load(Audio): Bluedog_DB/Sounds/GeminiWhoop
[EXC 20:30:12.458] MissingFieldException: Field 'KSPParticleEmitter.pe' not found.
        UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

And this is being repeated a lot on your machine, this in hindering not only the Bluedog_BD parts but also your peformance, as this is being logged hundreds of times per second!!!

[EXC 21:33:26.757] MissingFieldException: Field 'KSPParticleEmitter.pe' not found.
        UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
        UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[EXC 21:33:26.776] MissingFieldException: Field 'KSPParticleEmitter.pe' not found.

I think you have a installation problem on Bluedog too. I suggest you reinstall it from scratch, as well as you need to do with TweakScale!

Cheers!

damn thax mate didnt know i was that bad hahahaha ill do this when i have time thx again but because im bloody retarded (i am) ill run down what i gotta do.

1. delete all module managers and reinstall the newest one 

2.  delete all of the tweak scale stuff and reinstall 

3. delete and reinstall bluedogs 

4. delete watchdogs and reinstall 

and all these should be done manually and not with Ckan 

again thx mate you know a lot about this stuff good work lets pray it works tomorrow 

and all these should be done manually and not with Ckan 

WAIT! Did you used CKAN to install this stuff?? :o

Edited by Lisias
Grammars. Hate this stuff...

so i did everything and for some reason the ksp is stuck on loading parts upgrade, did i do something wrong i will link the new .log if you want to take a look if you free

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbk9tj51wvmagb9/KSP.log?dl=0

also just to mention i am new to the pc stuff and when i logged on my pc today i noticed some red X next to some of my folders but that's off topic 

19 hours ago, Jackmason said:

so i did everything and for some reason the ksp is stuck on loading parts upgrade, did i do something wrong i will link the new .log if you want to take a look if you free

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hbk9tj51wvmagb9/KSP.log?dl=0

This time it's something else borking on you:

[LOG 22:10:29.042] Resource tantares_sp_full_friction added to database
[LOG 22:10:29.043] CodeAssetLoader: Compiling all code assets
[LOG 22:10:29.047] ExperienceSystemConfig: Added Effect 'DeployedSciencePowerSkill' to Trait '#autoLOC_500103'
[LOG 22:10:29.048] ExperienceSystemConfig: Added Effect 'DeployedScienceExpSkill' to Trait '#autoLOC_500105'
[EXC 22:10:29.052] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
        GameDatabase.CleanupLoaders () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
        GameDatabase+<CreateDatabase>d__71.MoveNext () (at <cd473063d3a2482f8d93d388d0c95035>:0)
        UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:

That's something missing or broken on your KSP.

(This happened because to speed up things on loading, Squad had to wave some try-catches (a handful but very CPU consuming programming technique). So if something goes badly inside a thing we call "hot code" (something that it's used many, many times and so we need to do things fast there), the whole game just gets stuck.)

Problem is that DeployedScienceExpSkill is a stock thing, so it's something else that handles Science blowing up.

The last thingy added successfully to the database was tantares_sp_full_friction , so I searched for it on the patching log to see what's processed after it (not a rule, but sometimes this can help to sort out the problem):

[LOG 22:10:28.977] Config(PHYSICMATERIAL_DEFINITION) TantaresSP/resources/tantares_sp_physics_materials/tantares_sp_full_friction
[LOG 22:10:28.977] Config(EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION) TantaresSP/resources/tantares_sp_science_definition/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[LOG 22:10:28.977] Config(EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION) TantaresSP/resources/tantares_sp_science_definition/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[LOG 22:10:28.978] Config(EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION) TantaresSP/resources/tantares_sp_science_definition/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION
[LOG 22:10:28.978] Config(EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION) TantaresSP/resources/tantares_sp_science_definition/EXPERIMENT_DEFINITION

And I think we may have a confirmation: there's something missing or broken on Tantares. You need to seek help from the Tantares maintainer.

19 hours ago, Jackmason said:

also just to mention i am new to the pc stuff and when i logged on my pc today i noticed some red X next to some of my folders but that's off topic 

I ditched Windows 10 years ago, I can't help.  Sorry. 

Cheers!

Edited by Lisias
tyops

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.