How do you test (insert part here) at (altitude range) going at (speed range) contracts work?

I accepted a contract, 2 actually, thinking they’d be easy money. But I was wrong, of course.

”Test RT-5 “Flea” Solid fuel booster in flight over kerbin”

and

”Haul LV-909 “Terrier” Liquid fuel engine into flight above kerbin”

I throw a rocket together to complete these objectives.
Once I get to the target zone, and have all the checkmarks, I hit “run test” button. The booster turns on, and I spin around to stay in the target speed range, but after the test concluded, the contract didn’t finish.
Same with the terrier. I brought it to the proper altitude and speed range, but the contract did not finish.

Does anyone know why they didn’t complete?

Have the contract list open in the right side of the screen in flight and make sure every parameter has a green tick beside it. Both the Flea and Terrier have had new models added over time so it might be the contracts are looking for the old versions; you can find them by using the advanced part filter options in the editor, click the little arrows at the top left to access those.

12 hours ago, Wizard Kerbal said:

Once I get to the target zone, and have all the checkmarks, I hit “run test” button.

Have all the checkmarks the green ticks next to them at the same time? Running the test will only be successful if you do it when all the checkmarks are green at the moment you hit that "run test" button. (Or stage the part in case that's what you should do.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.