Apollo 24/25 recreation

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm doing this as a full Mission with the expansion DLCs. 

I'm using KAS winch cables as the tethers.  I'm including both the 24 incident as shown here, and also a Molly rescue side mission for 25 once that tether breaks.

Can't kill Harry though.  Looks like you connected him to robotic arms and pistons somehow.  And got the plume to explode it.  Did that kill him? 

I'm finding it hard to make mission objectives in such a way as to prevent the player from cheating when it triggers automatic throttle up.   I can tether and lock Deke in a service bay, so he can survive (for now), Ellen might have to be a tourist because I don't want players to just shutdown the engine.  

I'm doing everything from that scene, and trying to have 24 end up with Kerbin escape velocity, but with a high velocity Mun encounter but no capture.  I'd also like to setup the fuel so that the player can't fully brake into orbit.  But just enough to maybe get a fly by rendezvous from Ed ascending from Mun surface.  Not sure how easy/possible that'll be.  If the mission requires the KAS/KIS mod, I can be creative with fuel transfer like the episode after this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.