StarSlay3r

cool. Wait, did those rings move across the surface? That’s a cool small feature that rings will stay in their inclination even throughout the seasons and are not necessarily tied to axial tilt. 

Edited by t_v

2 minutes ago, KSPStar said:

Ovin is a terrestrial super-Kerbin, 60% larger than Kerbin with a gravity of 4G’s. Ovin has no tall mountains - this is a smashed, scorched landscape. 

Ovin courtesy of artist Jordan Pack.

So this is the new Tylo...

Finally!_A_worthy_opponent!.jpg

It's good to get a view at a new world. ...I can't help but feel like something is off though. Maybe it's the rings? They feel too Saturnian. And I can't make out too many features from the orbital view.

And at an absolutely monstrous 4g I hope there's a unique feature or resource it possesses.

Edited by Zaffre

Happiness circuits overloading, initiating rewatch! :D:D:D

In all seriousness:

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, Interplanet Janet said:

Is this in the old stock system or is it an exoplanet?

Exoplanet, no new kerbol planets (that we know of) and Ovin is a confirmed exoplanet. :D

If I may suggest something: a science report on the surface could be something like: "You (or the mystery goo) feel the same sense of dread felt by some of the first to land on Eve, the sneaking suspicion you might not get off this rock, at least, not soon."

The big question is if there is an athmosphere. Because athmospheric breaking would make landing way easier than having to spend tons and tons of dV to slow down, (and thta's after an interstellar travel) but a huge athmosphere, which is probable on a heavy planet like that (?) would make the planet a one-way trip.

1 hour ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

If I may suggest something: a science report on the surface could be something like: "You (or the mystery goo) feel the same sense of dread felt by some of the first to land on Eve, the sneaking suspicion you might not get off this rock, at least, not soon."

Perhaps a mystery goo report could be something like, "As you observe the Goo reacting to the crushing gravity, you begin to fear that you may also become goo if you stay here much longer."

19 minutes ago, bookman said:

The big question is if there is an athmosphere. Because athmospheric breaking would make landing way easier than having to spend tons and tons of dV to slow down, (and thta's after an interstellar travel) but a huge athmosphere, which is probable on a heavy planet like that (?) would make the planet a one-way trip.

If there is an atmosphere it would be cool if there were rolling dunes in those broad plains.

New terrain textures look amazing, I'm just hoping that kerbals and landing legs won't float slightly above the ground which happens often in KSP 1, would be cool if kerbals and landing legs would leave footprints and marks like in the trailer, then we could for example take a pic of our first footprints on the Mun!

1 hour ago, Pthigrivi said:

If there is an atmosphere it would be cool if there were rolling dunes in those broad plains.

Would be really interesting, since dunes would be way flatter than those we're used to on earth which can go up to 30% incline, but there would also be way less dunes in general with sand floating a lot less far with the strong gravity. (Unless the atmospere is super dense again)

Guest The Doodling Astronaut

Heck ya this is quite nice. Noticed the rings have changed since last time we saw ovin. I’m guessing the quality of this game is going up a notch!

Doing some Maths I got these characteristics:

Mass (kg) 5.42 x1023
Gravity (m/s2) 39.24
Radius (m) 960 000
GM (m3/s2) 3.62 x1013

Now to know the limit of the atmosphere  (if it has) is the difficult part , 

To get into a 140km orbit without taking into account air and gravity drag it gives me 6 130 m/s of Delta-V with 5 730 m/s of orbital velocity which gives a required velocity of 8 100 m/s to espace from Ovin or 2 370 m/s of Delta-V to escape from it (from the 140km orbit). 
With gravity and air drag probably it will require around 12k - 20k m/s of Delta-V to get into a 140km orbit (very likely more).

Edited by SAMCG14
Corrected Math Calculations

4 hours ago, Hyperspace Industries said:

Happiness circuits overloading, initiating rewatch! :D:D:D

In all seriousness:

YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exoplanet, no new kerbol planets (that we know of) and Ovin is a confirmed exoplanet. :D

Oh yes I would love to see science reports hinting at things from the first game!

16 minutes ago, SAMCG14 said:

Doing some Maths I got these characteristics:

Mass (kg) 8.13 x1023
Gravity (m/s2) 58.86
Radius (m) 960 000
GM (m3/s2) 5.24 x1013

Now to know the limit of the atmosphere  (if it has) is the difficult part , 

To get into a 140km orbit without taking into account air and gravity drag it gives me 8 000 m/s of Delta-V with 7 020 m/s of orbital velocity which gives a required velocity of 9930 m/s to espace from Ovin or 2 910 m/s of Delta-V to escape from it (from the 140km orbit). 
With gravity and air drag probably it will require around 15 000 m/s of Delta-V to get into a 140km orbit (very likely more).

So it's (RSS/RO)-ish hidden in KSP 2?

Nice!

3 hours ago, TheOrbitalMechanic said:

Perhaps a mystery goo report could be something like, "As you observe the Goo reacting to the crushing gravity, you begin to fear that you may also become goo if you stay here much longer."

Spoiler

Welcome to the Forums!

Edited by AtomicTech

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.