Craft Folder Organization Alternatives

Question: Is there a mod or an improved method of saving and organizing crafts into folders and subfolders?

I use the folders to organize the crafts I build based on their function such as launch vehicles, orbiters, SATCOMs and fully assembled vehicles. My struggle is that sometimes I accidentally save the craft to the main folder or a different folder which overwrites my previous work on another section of the vehicle I am assembling. I understand this is operator error but, I'm curious if there is a mod that improves upon the folder system KSP has. It would be fantastic if I can drag and drop crafts into new or existing folders for ease of use instead of having to load the craft, save it to the new folder then, delete the old one.

Below is an example of my current folder configuration.

g3fBIrh.jpg

Thank you for your assistance in advance!

I like the Craft Manager mod to replace the default VAB/SPH load window. It does not use folders, though.

Saved craft can be sorted by name, cost, crew count, mass, part count, or date updated. Craft can be further filtered by auto-generated tags (ex. crewed vs uncrewed) and user-defined tags. It also has KerbalX.com integration.

It works in 1.12 despite no updates since 1.9. There's an intermittent bug of some mouse clicks being ignored.

1 hour ago, DeadJohn said:

I like the Craft Manager mod to replace the default VAB/SPH load window. It does not use folders, though.

Saved craft can be sorted by name, cost, crew count, mass, part count, or date updated. Craft can be further filtered by auto-generated tags (ex. crewed vs uncrewed) and user-defined tags. It also has KerbalX.com integration.

It works in 1.12 despite no updates since 1.9. There's an intermittent bug of some mouse clicks being ignored.

Actually, Craft Manager is using threads, and that's a big no-no in Unity.  The fact that it works "kind-of" is probably a result of that.  I have seen other issues with it in 1.11 and 1.12 to the point that I don't use it anymore, much as I like the interface.

And, I have looked at the code with an eye to removing the threading, but the threading is so embedded in the design it would be very hard to remove, would essentially require a major rewrite.

An alternative would be KSP Craft Organizer, although it hasn't bee updated since January, 2020 (1.6)

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Thank you for the input @DeadJohn.

I’ll be holding out until @linuxgurugamer develops a satisfactory mod for my particular desire.

7 hours ago, DeadJohn said:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.