New ovin or old ovin

Guest The Doodling Astronaut

New ovin or old ovin  

46 members have voted

1. 1. New or old

ok so that's interesting. People on discord servers I am on have been favoring 2020's more.

3 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

ok so that's interesting. People on discord servers I am on have been favoring 2020's more.

Probably because it's more reminiscent of the current planets for KSP1. Either way, they both look good. Just looks like with the current iteration Intercept stripped or didn't add the atmosphere where the older version it definitely looks to have an atmosphere. 

4 hours ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Which one do you guys like more 

unknown.png

I think what happned here the KSP2 devs maybe made a planet mod in KSP1 to show off the planet and also hide the fact that the graphics are just mind blowing. 

16 minutes ago, Dr. Kerbal said:

I think what happned here the KSP2 devs maybe made a planet mod in KSP1 to show off the planet and also hide the fact that the graphics are just mind blowing. 

I was thinking the same thing the other day. The original planets in the 2019-2020 info looked like modded KSP1, tbh. Maybe they got approval to increase depth, scope, and budget after KSP2 rocketed up on the wishlist charts?

1 hour ago, shdwlrd said:

Probably because it's more reminiscent of the current planets for KSP1. Either way, they both look good. Just looks like with the current iteration Intercept stripped or didn't add the atmosphere where the older version it definitely looks to have an atmosphere. 

I would say the opposite. The newer one looks like it has an atmo while the older one doesn't

Edited by The Doodling Astronaut
grammer correction

49 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

I would say the opposite. The newer one looks like it has an atmo while the older one doesn't

We can debate about the atmosphere but it doesn't matter since its an asset preview anyway. It's going to be very close to what we will see in the game... or not. Intercept could be pulling a Marvel and feeding us "not correct info" to feed speculation.

As usual with these things I'm 'on the fence'.  Unless something really grabs my attention or has an obvious (to me anyway) fault then I'm happy to accept that it is a WIP and trust the devs' judgement.

3 hours ago, Mr.dobsonian said:

Old ovin is very boring compared to the new one

I agree, but at the same time, the new Ovin also looks a bit boring. It seems like the whole planet is comprised of two basic biomes: the dark lowlands/basins, and the rocky tan highlands. The surface looks ultra detailed and fun to explore, but the view from in space is a little dull. The lack of detail makes the planet feel smaller than it actually is.

Edited by wpetula