manned planes alongside unmanned rockets

in KSP career mode you have to get into space/orbit before you can buy basic plane parts that's not a good progression in career mode there's not nearly enough contracts for planes as well i wanna get a manned break the sound barrier altitude contracts high altitude science contract and a pass the Karbal line contract

In KSP career mode, you have to get into space/orbit before you can buy basic plane parts. That's not a good progression in career mode. There's not nearly enough contracts for planes, as well. I wanna get a manned break the sound barrier, altitude contracts, high altitude science contract, and a pass the Karbal line contract.

9 hours ago, razark said:

In KSP career mode, you have to get into space/orbit before you can buy basic plane parts. That's not a good progression in career mode. There's not nearly enough contracts for planes, as well. I wanna get a manned break the sound barrier, altitude contracts, high altitude science contract, and a pass the Karbal line contract.

I've wanted something like this when they first introduced the career and science modes. There has always been something missing from the progression.

I'd even go so far as to say that even smaller rockets are needed - the first rockets were not 1.25 meters or even .625 meters in diameter. They were a bit smaller and gradually became larger as rocket science began to develop. It's odd that off the bat - Kerbal Space Program begins with Kerbaled capsules.

Realistic Progression One: allow me to introduce myself.

Not interested in trying to replicate the real life Space Race?

Probes before Crew, UnKerballed Start, Unmanned before Manned etc.: allow us to introduce ourselves.

Also, it’s Kerbal Space Program- dithering around with dinky little planes and puny little probes that can’t even clear the atmosphere isn’t much fun compared to getting your first Kerbal into orbit- and bringing them back!

On 10/20/2021 at 5:09 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Realistic Progression One: allow me to introduce myself.

I play RP1 problem is some people can't run it hell I can barely run it and I have terrible visual settings + why not use the parts? in ksp1 you have no incentive to fly planes

I at least want contracts although it would be perfect if they gave us basic plane parts at start

On 10/20/2021 at 5:09 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

Probes before Crew, UnKerballed Start, Unmanned before Manned etc.: allow us to introduce ourselves.

In all 3 of those examples it's probe into orbit than planes