The Third Great Number War: The Long Haul!

AtomicTech

Choose your side!  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• The Positive Guard
    • The Negative Mercenaries
    • The Neutralists (Can go either way)
    • The Other People. Chaotic beings, the lot of them.

POSITIVES NEGATIVES

They are like humans:

1. They have "normal" ears.
  2. They are tall.
  3. They do not care about hair; instad, they value beards.
  4. They can not see in the dark.

They are like short elves in Fantasy:

1. They have pointed ears.
  2. They are short and slim (less than one meter tall).
  3. They have long hair and no beard.
  4. They can see in the dark.
They worship the Elements of Fire and Earth. They worship the Elements of Water and Air.
They live on land (continents) and have a land Empire. They live in the Sea (on islands) and have a Sea Empire.
They do not know much about magic but are very skilled with fire. They do not use fire for things beyond providing heat and light but know great magic.
Their emblem is related to Fire: flames, ')\ (abstract) Their emblem is related to Water: a fish, ><> (abstract)
They use to live in temperate areas and like heat, flames and hot stuff. They use to live in cold areas and like frost, ice and cold stuff.

><>

@SSTO Crasher as I posted to you before, you and others never actually warn new players of the additional rule and I end up having to do it. 1 person should not have to be the rule keeper, it should be equal for all.

@Nazalassa For new Ideas it is 5 people saying yes to an Idea, the poster of an idea and 4 more, 3 players only could easily dominate and manipulate things just for their own wants, which is not fair to all the players as a whole.

At the moment anybody new to playing would only see the first post for the rules and not know better till someone tells them.

Also it is currently not possible to update a leader board to show how many battles and who has won what, also to be able to update a map to show ground won and lost.

I would like to forward the idea, like what Atomic Tech was first saying that we are fighting for strategic targets, rather than whole  areas of land, we have a map set up, dotted with castles or modern equivalents that start unclaimed and then they are changed to the colour of the team that wins them until all are claimed.

I don't think we need to have a vote section at the begining to say what side you are on, you just play as you are feeling at the time.

I am fine with Nazalassa running the new one but if it is possible to allow more than one member the ability to edit, then I think a few people should be given access so that if real life stops someone from being able to update then someone else can update. I believe the core players are mature enough not to abuse the privilege.

Currently there are 2 votes for having a map and 1 vote for a back story, so please say if you would like to support those or any additional ideas.

@CFYL@Autochrome@Admiral Fluffy@cantab@Zozaf Kerman@Ryaja@Akagi@Jack Joseph Kerman@LHACK4142@Aerodynamic Kerbal@adsii1970@Kerb24@Watermel00n@Souptime@Ben J. Kerman@AlamoVampire @Space Kerbalisation Tech @OrdinaryKerman @SkyFall2489and anyone else, sorry can't remember anymore off the top of my head.

Edited by ColdJ

It all seems too complex, maybe something best for a new thread while people can also play the old version. By the way, I saw this variation on another forum where instead of adding or subtracting 1, a player can reverse the digits of the whole number, like: 12 -> 21, 5 -> 50, 70->7. The game would start on 55 and try to get to +-100. If a player reversed the digits, the next player could not and would have to make a normal move.

Remember roleplay isn't allowed on the forums, and some of the ideas about "story" and so on are getting rather close to it.

I say don't impose anything on positive and negative beyond the actions themselves. Let the players decide how, if at all, they wish to interpret their teams.

Amending the core gameplay isn't out of the question. I think the "swap" move SkyFall mentioned above ends up being too powerful though.

The established 5 minute rule should stay, as should the de-facto practice of omitting the action - with the 5-min rule and people's usual teams becoming well known, that's never been a problem.

6 minutes ago, cantab said:

Amending the core gameplay isn't out of the question. I think the "swap" move SkyFall mentioned above ends up being too powerful though.

A lot of these are big enough changes that there might need to be a new thread, but if there are 10 different number wars threads it might be too confusing, deterring new players from joining the number wars...

1 hour ago, Souptime said:

Guys i was gone for a day what happened

Last battle was very difficult but Negatives won. We then decided to make a week-long period of peace so we can discuss of the future of the thread.

As Atomictech is absent, this threasd can no longer be updated, so we're discussing stuff to put on a new thread, if any, and what to do if there isn't.

People can propose ideas and vote to determine which will be integred in the next thread / what will happen next.

><>

Just now, Zozaf Kerman said:

as long as it’s not too much of a burden for casual players.

Basically, it explains the reason of the war, and links the different battles.

Giving some flavor to the NW world, such as with the map, will be nice as we can follow the places where there are battles, etc.

><>

(because right now nobody knows why we are fighting, if we have guns or bows or crossbows etc.)

In my opinion:

All these changes just seem too complicated and may deter new players. In the end, let's keep true to the spirit of the number wars - add one, remove one, and see where it goes. Just a simple number game. No need for some crazy fantasy setting, no need for complex role-play. All you need is a number, and for that number to change.

12 hours ago, ColdJ said:

@SSTO Crasher as I posted to you before, you and others never actually warn new players of the additional rule and I end up having to do it. 1 person should not have to be the rule keeper, it should be equal for all.

@Nazalassa For new Ideas it is 5 people saying yes to an Idea, the poster of an idea and 4 more, 3 players only could easily dominate and manipulate things just for their own wants, which is not fair to all the players as a whole.

At the moment anybody new to playing would only see the first post for the rules and not know better till someone tells them.

Also it is currently not possible to update a leader board to show how many battles and who has won what, also to be able to update a map to show ground won and lost.

I would like to forward the idea, like what Atomic Tech was first saying that we are fighting for strategic targets, rather than whole  areas of land, we have a map set up, dotted with castles or modern equivalents that start unclaimed and then they are changed to the colour of the team that wins them until all are claimed.

I don't think we need to have a vote section at the begining to say what side you are on, you just play as you are feeling at the time.

I am fine with Nazalassa running the new one but if it is possible to allow more than one member the ability to edit, then I think a few people should be given access so that if real life stops someone from being able to update then someone else can update. I believe the core players are mature enough not to abuse the privilege.

Currently there are 2 votes for having a map and 1 vote for a back story, so please say if you would like to support those or any additional ideas.

@CFYL@Autochrome@Admiral Fluffy@cantab@Zozaf Kerman@Ryaja@Akagi@Jack Joseph Kerman@LHACK4142@Aerodynamic Kerbal@adsii1970@Kerb24@Watermel00n@Souptime@Ben J. Kerman@AlamoVampire @Space Kerbalisation Tech @OrdinaryKerman @SkyFall2489and anyone else, sorry can't remember anymore off the top of my head.

Map: Y, backstory: Y