Tweakscale trouble loading 1.12

I've been running 1.12 using CKAN - used it to install as many mods as possible including Tweakscale. Today, when I try to launch KSP I get an error that Interstellar Redist.dll must be in the GameData folder, but when I move it there, I get an error that Tweakscale can't find the required .dlls. Both errors are showing up as show-stopper errors (the dreaded "Houston, we have a problem" message on the splash screen).

I've uninstalled and re-installed using both CKAN and manually, following the directions in the install file. I've downloaded Tweakscale from both CurseForge and Spacedock. 

In the interest of full disclosure, when I first opened CKAN today, it prompted me to update one of the installed mods, which I did before launching KSP and starting to get these errors.  I'm fairly certain it was ZeroMiniAVC, and I tried uninstalling it but there was no change. Yeah, I know: sucks to be me.

Any possible suggestions will be welcome.  

Edited by maddog59

Hey, I just met with the same problem with you and I solved it by sequences as follows:

1): delete all AVC addon mods

2): find all .dll files with 'redist' in name, in my case it is in the Infernal robotics mod and I delete this .dll file

3): at this time the pop-up error messages should disappear. if something like modulemanager error shows when loading games, try reinstalling the tweakscale mod without the 'extra' file in it.

Hope this can help you.

I've rebuilt my KSP folder from scratch, added in all of the mods I wanted, but when I try to run KSP with Tweakscale installed I get a fatal error message along the lines of 'Tweakscale couldn't find the needed DLLs', and that "Type initializer for KSPe.IO.Heirarch'1' threw an exception".  I've listed my mods and versions below (per KSP-AVC); note that I have TweakableEverything installed, but although KSP runs correctly, the scaling widget doesn't appear on any of my parts. I tried unloading TweakableEverything  and just using Tweakscale, but still got the same error.

Is there anyone who can explain what the problem is? 

KSP: 1.12.2 (Win64) - Unity: 2019.4.18f1 - OS: Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit

ClickThroughBlocker - 0.1.10.17
Filter Extensions - 3.2.6.1
ToolbarControl - 0.1.9.6
KSP-Recall - 0.2.0.6
Astrogator - 0.10.2
B9 Part Switch - 2.17
Community Category Kit - 5.2
Community Resource Pack - 1.4.2
CommunityTechTree - 3.4.4
DeployableEngines - 1.3.1
FShangarExtender - 3.6.0.1
HideEmptyTechTreeNodes - 1.3
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 3.29.4
JanitorsCloset - 0.3.7.8
RasterPropMonitor - 0.31.5
KAS - 1.10.7963.36977
Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.9
Kerbal Reusability Expansion - 2.9.2
Kerbal Inventory System - 1.28.7685.40880
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.4.1.7
Module Manager Watch Dog - 0.0.2
NearFutureLaunchVehicles - 2.2
NearFutureProps - 0.7.1
NearFutureSpacecraft - 1.4.3
S.A.V.E - 1.11.0.1
Photon Sailor - 1.7.3
ButtonManager - 1.0.1.1
SpaceTuxLibrary - 0.0.8.2
VesselModuleSave - 1.0.1.2
StationPartsExpansionRedux - 2.0.5
Surface Mounted Lights - 1.19.7854.4854
ToadicusToolsContinued - 0.22.4.4
TrackingLights - 0.0.2
Tracking Station Evolved - 1.0.6
Kerbal Alarm Clock - 3.13
TweakableEverything - 0.2.0.2
VOID - 1.1.11
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.29.2
Waterfall - 0.6.7
ZeroMiniAVC - 1.1.2.4

Edited by maddog59
additional info

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/21/2021 at 7:37 PM, AkatsukiMana said:

Hey, I just met with the same problem with you and I solved it by sequences as follows:

2): find all .dll files with 'redist' in name, in my case it is in the Infernal robotics mod and I delete this .dll file

3): at this time the pop-up error messages should disappear. if something like modulemanager error shows when loading games, try reinstalling the tweakscale mod without the 'extra' file in it.

Hope this can help you.

Thanks a lot, Exactly this worked for me, just remember to delete Zero Mini AVC too

• 4 months later...
On 10/21/2021 at 10:37 AM, AkatsukiMana said:

Hope this can help you.

when i do this, the only dll file with redist is the one that makes tweakscale work

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Unfortunately those three steps don't work for me as zero miniAVC is required by multiple other mods and the curseforge solution simply didn't work. Does anyone else have another solution? I know this mod combination worked at another point in time. The only thing that has really changed is the mod version.

• 11 months later...
18 hours ago, GalaxyStuff said:

Created this account just to say that I just had the same problem and the listed solutions did not work. I eventually discovered that the Trajectories mod was in conflict somehow, and uninstalling that fixed it. 

Interesting... can you do us a favor? Install it back, reproduce the problem, quit KSP and publish the KSP.log? It can be some interaction with another add'on instead of being something on it!

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.