Training fails! What can I do?

I am new to KSP and am attempting to work through the training modules to become familiar with the program.  However, in attempting to work through the "Intermediate Training" module, the program locks up.  I reach the screen where Wernher von Kerman asks me to switch over the Engine tab and attach the LV-T45 "Swivel" engine.  But when I open the Engine tab there are no engines shown.  So I can't attach an engine and the "Next" button remains dimmed out and unusable.  So I can't go forward and I can't go backwards.  My only option is to quit the module and start over, hoping for a different outcome.  Which of course doesn't happen!  I've tried rebooting the computer and restarting KSP to no avail.  Any suggestions on how I can solve this problem?  Is there a way I can reload or repair the KSP program without having to again pay for it?  Thanks in advance!  

It's a bug in version 1.12.2. You can work-around with the advanced part selection (select the arrow at the upper left corner of the parts menu). I'll suggest going to sort by tech level and then selecting tech level 2. Also linking an earlier thread where this problem occurred:

13 hours ago, UmbralRaptor said:

It's a bug in version 1.12.2. You can work-around with the advanced part selection (select the arrow at the upper left corner of the parts menu). I'll suggest going to sort by tech level and then selecting tech level 2. Also linking an earlier thread where this problem occurred:

Oof, not another bug...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.