Interplanetary transfer porkchop plotter for 1.12 that works with OPM?

aluc24

Hi,

I have been using Transfer Window Planner, but it has not been updated to 1.12, and the older versions do not work anymore. What are some other porkchop generators that work with 1.12, and also support Outer Planets Mod? The stock planner added in the 1.12 does not generate porkchops, and it only generates one solution for active craft, so planning missions from VAB is very inconvenient. I tried Astrogator, but it doesn't give porkchops either, just one solution, like the stock planner. Same for Kerbal Alarm Clock.

Right now I'm using this online plotter, but it doesn't support OPM planets. Any advice, guys?

2 minutes ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

MechJeb > maneuver planner > advanced transfer mode, only works for in-flight vessels but does so fairly well, with an occasional nonsensical node (like going from Kerbin to Eve by going solar retrograde) if you try to force a transfer outside the normal parameters.

You got Mechjeb planner working? Half of the time I try to use it (even with normal, circular orbits), I get no solution error, or, like you said, nonsensical nodes. Is there no alternative?

1 hour ago, aluc24 said:

You got Mechjeb planner working? Half of the time I try to use it (even with normal, circular orbits), I get no solution error, or, like you said, nonsensical nodes. Is there no alternative?

It's always worked for me, but I've never tried it with OPM.   That may be the issue. 

1 hour ago, jimmymcgoochie said:

like going from Kerbin to Eve by going solar retrograde

I see nothing wrong with this.  ;)

Thread moved to Add-on Discussions.

15 hours ago, aluc24 said:

Hi,

I have been using Transfer Window Planner, but it has not been updated to 1.12, and the older versions do not work anymore. What are some other porkchop generators that work with 1.12, and also support Outer Planets Mod? The stock planner added in the 1.12 does not generate porkchops, and it only generates one solution for active craft, so planning missions from VAB is very inconvenient. I tried Astrogator, but it doesn't give porkchops either, just one solution, like the stock planner. Same for Kerbal Alarm Clock.

Right now I'm using this online plotter, but it doesn't support OPM planets. Any advice, guys?

Hey there!  Check out my KSP Trajectory Optimization Tool for use in generating porkchop plots.  You can generate the file describing the OMP solar system easily from within KSPTOT, as well, and everything should "just work" at that point.

Let me know if you have any questions! :)

Disclaimer: Self-promotion

Depending on why you want porkchop plots (you mentioned "planning missions from VAB", but I'm not sure how important that detail is to you), Planning Node might be suitable:

Rather than visualizing the available transfers in a graph, it lets you explore them using the maneuver node tools. You can plan your preferred maneuver as if the parent body was your craft, and then the mod shows you how to execute it from a craft in the starting SOI. (I haven't tested it in 1.12 yet, but so far no one has reported problems with it, either.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.