When is the next KSP2 Episode coming out?

Sky Kerman

2 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

They said they would make 7...

Do you have a source for this? I was under the impression we'd be getting one episode for each of the following:

• Next Gen. Tech 
  • The Kerbals
  • Next Gen. Astronauts
  • Celestial Bodies
  • Colonies

3 hours ago, Sky Kerman said:

They said they would make 7 and its almost 2022! Clocks ticking guys!

Unless they chose a release in 2023...no. no I can't do this again....

36 minutes ago, Ahres said:

Do you have a source for this? I was under the impression we'd be getting one episode for each of the following:

• Next Gen. Tech 
  • The Kerbals
  • Next Gen. Astronauts
  • Celestial Bodies
  • Colonies

Well if that's true plus the possibility of something on multi-player then...we're looking at a may release time at earliest...

31 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

Well if that's true plus the possibility of something on multi-player then...we're looking at a may release time at earliest...

Easy MT, I don't think there's any cause for concern here. We know unless something changes that April 1st is the start of the launch window. And I don't think you can say May at the earliest based off of Feature Video release dates. They could start releasing one per month if they really wanted to.

To get back to the OP, I'm still guessing we get the next episode this month or next month and then one more before release.

Someone posted a link to a news article from a month or two ago in which it said "early 2022" for a release date. They're probably just saving videos for closer to release or may have cancelled them in favor of other things.

3 hours ago, TLTay said:

Someone posted a link to a news article from a month or two ago in which it said "early 2022" for a release date. They're probably just saving videos for closer to release or may have cancelled them in favor of other things.

If they have forgone videos and such to focus on actual work on the game I will applaud.  I can live without updates every week or even every other week, if it means as polished a release as possible.

19 hours ago, Kerb24 said:

Honestly, I just want KSP 2 to be a playable game released in 2022. I really don't care about hearing updates every other week.

Pretty much this ^^.

I do like the diaries, videos and show and tells etc. though,  it reassures me that things are still happening.

Edited by pandaman

1 hour ago, Nirgal said:

I would gladly trade all future episodes in favour of a release date (even just the month).

The problem with that is once they give a date they are pretty much committed. 

Then if 'stuff happens' they are forced to apologise and delay, or release when it is not ready, both of which happened with KSP1 on occasion.  Neither option pleases the customer or looks good PR wise.  Much better to be vague, get it right, and announce a date that they know they can meet when they are ready.

They will want to release as soon as they can to get the revenue rolling in.  If it delays much it's because it needs to.

Guest The Doodling Astronaut
On 10/22/2021 at 9:46 AM, Minmus Taster said:

I am ready for a 2023 release, which would be understandable. 2024 tho...

10 hours ago, Nirgal said:

I would gladly trade all future episodes in favour of a release date (even just the month).

THIS

I don't want them spending all their resources marketing, get the game done!

Currently all we know is that it's *supposed* to be 2022. That could be December 31st.

There is a LOT of time left before they would need to delay again.

And, If they need to delay, I don't think it'll be until a few month before they would otherwise be releasing.

In terms of the devlogs, there's still over 2 months left in the year, don't know what you're worried about there :huh:

Edited by Spaceman.Spiff

I feel like this or next Show and Tell are very plausible for a new feature video, based on a post on KSP's Instagram maybe 2 months back about filming of the next one being in progress. They also seem to release every 4-6 months, and the last one was 5 months ago.

As far as game release date goes, all we know for certain is it's coming out in fiscal year 2023 (April 2022 to March 2023), but before the end of 2022, which gives a 9-month window. Personally, I'm hoping for/assuming a summer release.

As a sort of small recap, they discuss the developer tools used to create planets and their decisions to keep the planets realistic

spoilers that I can remember: please don’t read these because the video is good, this is only if you really need to know

Spoiler

Seriously, wait forthe video

Spoiler

Last chance

Spoiler

Minmus is made of clay because ice would melt

Dre’s has a mountain range and now contains some special resource instead of just asteroids

scattering that we saw in the terrain progress video is going to be used for everything, not just rocks

there are going to be uneroded slopes like the ones we see in terrestrial impact craters that look much better than the smooth inclines in KSP 1 

new planets and names for stars were introduced, and we got a better look at rask and rusk, which glow in the dark and have nice vulcanized rock surfaces with lava flows on the micro level

spinny oblong asteroid that will fling you into orbit on the edges

Gas giant that look like the poster art for a techno album

we saw kerbin from orbit with a big cyclone so there is maybe weather?

The devs have coded in clouds for more than just kerbin, and some thick atmosphere was shown off with thick clouds down to the ground 

I think I heard the word ‘cave’ somewhere so that’s exciting

9 minutes ago, t_v said:

As a sort of small recap, they discuss the developer tools used to create planets and their decisions to keep the planets realistic

spoilers that I can remember: please don’t read these because the video is good, this is only if you really need to know

Hide contents

Seriously, wait forthe video

Hide contents

Last chance

Hide contents

Minmus is made of clay glass because ice would melt

Dres has a mountain range and now contains some special resource instead of just asteroids. They said that ALL planets will have a reason to visit them. There will be cool things to find on every planet.

scattering that we saw in the terrain progress video is going to be used for everything, not just rocks. And there's going to a lot of it. They mentioned pictures of the moon (I think) which have rocks everywhere.

there are going to be uneroded slopes like the ones we see in terrestrial impact craters that look much better than the smooth inclines in KSP 1. All of the surfaces looked interesting and so much more detailed than KSP1. 

new planets and names for stars were introduced, and we got a better look at rask and rusk, which glow in the dark and have nice vulcanized rock surfaces with lava flows on the micro level. They mentioned a lot of new planet names, and a few new star names. It actually seemed like they gave a LOT away. I think we'll be seeing / hearing a lot more detail about the game soon, which hopefully means they're on track with development.

spinny oblong asteroid that will fling you into orbit on the edges. This looked really cool, and will apparently be really hard to get into orbit around, and land on.

Gas giant that look like the poster art for a techno album. This was a person's favourite planet, and they seemed very into it! :D

we saw kerbin from orbit with a big cyclone so there is maybe weather? Not sure about this, I can't remember if the clouds moved, or if they were fixed.

The devs have coded in clouds for more than just kerbin, and some thick atmosphere was shown off with thick clouds down to the ground 

I think I heard the word ‘cave’ somewhere so that’s exciting.

Edited with some extra details from my already dodgy memory of the video.