impossible to play cause to many bugs...

54 minutes ago, Kroni2003 said:

This game is 

impossible to play

cause to many bugs....

Can you be a little more exact in what you think the bugs are? We have a great community of enthusiasts about this game, including myself, who might be able to help. :) 

And since this is your first post to our forum, welcome, by the way!

• 3 weeks later...

If you the op is anything like me I'm also noticing a lot more crashing back to PS4 bluescreens and rather than start another thread I'll just add my experiences here 

- PS4 software version 9.00

- ksp enhanced edition latest version

- play on default controls, with the advanced tweekables on 

-career mode only, no other game saves

- in game quicksaves max 5. Maintained

- stock example ships are turned on

My experience is predominantly if I'm going from vab to launch or vab to KSC, or from flight reload to vab or KSC. Something's going from to the tracking centre. 

Intermittent during the loading phase, it slows down and then sound goes and I'm crashed to a PS4 blue screen. Sometimes when reloading it says there was a corruption and tries to recover it, majority of time it works, once I couldn't recover and lost 100s hours worth of effort. 

Now, it's difficult to pin a reason on this - i would suggest it's memory leaks due to the nature of the crashes, but this in part my own personal advancement in the game rather than any recent updates...  am building more and more complex craft as I improve and I'm into year 13 with near final tech tree so maybe it's more expected to fall over? When I was a beginner maybe less likely to error this way and so I perceive there are more errors than ever. 

Trouble is it is soul destroying, ksp is not a game that you pick up and put down, we spend hours on building things... If it wasn't for a very timely save just now I would have lost 2hours design work. So I can understand the ops pov.

The simplest way to help us ps4 players is enable a Copy 'Game save' option in the load save menu. Having this would mean we could backup our precious saves and recover them easily, then I'd probably be less on edge playing. I know there are ps+ save options but I'm not ps+ and nor should I have to sign up for it to deal with something that really based on its unstable nature should be in the enhanced edition. Surely this isn't too much to ask?

54 minutes ago, Ande said:

If you the op is anything like me I'm also noticing a lot more crashing back to PS4 bluescreens and rather than start another thread I'll just add my experiences here 

- PS4 software version 9.00

- ksp enhanced edition latest version

- play on default controls, with the advanced tweekables on 

-career mode only, no other game saves

- in game quicksaves max 5. Maintained

- stock example ships are turned on

My experience is predominantly if I'm going from vab to launch or vab to KSC, or from flight reload to vab or KSC. Something's going from to the tracking centre. 

Intermittent during the loading phase, it slows down and then sound goes and I'm crashed to a PS4 blue screen. Sometimes when reloading it says there was a corruption and tries to recover it, majority of time it works, once I couldn't recover and lost 100s hours worth of effort. 

Now, it's difficult to pin a reason on this - i would suggest it's memory leaks due to the nature of the crashes, but this in part my own personal advancement in the game rather than any recent updates...  am building more and more complex craft as I improve and I'm into year 13 with near final tech tree so maybe it's more expected to fall over? When I was a beginner maybe less likely to error this way and so I perceive there are more errors than ever. 

Trouble is it is soul destroying, ksp is not a game that you pick up and put down, we spend hours on building things... If it wasn't for a very timely save just now I would have lost 2hours design work. So I can understand the ops pov.

The simplest way to help us ps4 players is enable a Copy 'Game save' option in the load save menu. Having this would mean we could backup our precious saves and recover them easily, then I'd probably be less on edge playing. I know there are ps+ save options but I'm not ps+ and nor should I have to sign up for it to deal with something that really based on its unstable nature should be in the enhanced edition. Surely this isn't too much to ask?

3rd one tonight... Viewing KSC and went to menu > load game > deleted some saves I had made tonight  

Cursor stopped responding/screen hung, no button combination recovers it. Can hear the birds at the ksc but unable to activate the cursor and PS4 noise increased significantly. If I wait it out I'll get a blue screen again. 

Hard enough this game on console let alone without these regular errors. 

Well that's cacky, Ive been loving playing until recently, there's just so many gameplay impacting errors. I don't mind odd bugs here and there but crashing or hanging is the worst gameplay experience, expecially when it's frequent and has the ability to remove an entire save.

Ive just given up tonight as it crashed once on the loading of the vab again but even worse a new issue seems to have crept in. first time ever seen this in ksp but a screen hang twice in one hour gameplay tonights sent me off angry. This happened in actual gameplay, the sound was still playing 

Note, my vab has 255 part limit so it's worrying that the performance hits come in now :(

On 10/23/2021 at 12:09 PM, adsii1970 said:

Can you be a little more exact in what you think the bugs are? We have a great community of enthusiasts about this game, including myself, who might be able to help. :) 

And since this is your first post to our forum, welcome, by the w

Are there any diagnostics I can run on PS4 to help work out why my game had decided to crash more frequently?  Tonight for the 3-4 time this week experienced a hanging screen, this time during flight around Ike just as I was ready to descend. I left it around 5 minutes and it crashed to PS4 blue screen. Getting slowly fed up of the game with these crashes. Don't know how much more I can put up with it which is pretty rubbish 

I’m on a Xbox one x and I’m not having the same issues as you.  I’ve got a career game going that I’ve been playing for literally the last 18 months . I’ve been all over the Kerbin soi and now started working on Duna.   I’ve got two ships that both probably are over 125 parts each currently docked together over Ike.  It slows down somewhat when my mining lander returns from Ike but manages not to crash.  After about four hours of solely working with those ships the console might crash…. It starts to get really slow and that’s when I just reboot the game ..   

I have 3/4 of a terabyte drive free on the console.  You might want to check how much disk space you have free as the last update was especially made for ps5/Xbox series though it was made available for earlier consoles.  It supposedly takes advantage of increase “memory” of the newer boxes….  It runs on my Xbox 1x but has caused it to crash more than it had in the past but it’s definitely not crashing as often as you’re reporting… 

Last night I had a crash to blue screen just actually moving around on Duna... It's ridiculous. Trouble is I have no way to backup the save game. I'm not being funny but this needs some input from the development team, there's clearly something on the PS4 edition. Ps. I'll check disk space thanks for the pointer... Maybe it's trying to use hdd space as ram and blocks out at the top end... But it makes no sense. The crashes just seem so random. The one last night was just so weird, literally moving about on the surface. Never had that before. 

On 11/17/2021 at 11:38 AM, stephensmat said:

I bought the enhanced edition on PS5, specifically because they had K&M support.

Except K&M doesn't seem to be working on Playstation. Is it me? My keyboard is bluetooth. One or two of the keys works, but it's hardly workable, let alone what you get on PC.

I read that you can still use k&m on PS4 ?

I think I might go for a complete uninstall and reinstall soon if it continues. Sucks as I'll have to start my career all again. :(

On 11/16/2021 at 3:29 AM, Dew169 said:

I’m on a Xbox one x and I’m not having the same issues as you.  I’ve got a career game going that I’ve been playing for literally the last 18 months . I’ve been all over the Kerbin soi and now started working on Duna.   I’ve got two ships that both probably are over 125 parts each currently docked together over Ike.  It slows down somewhat when my mining lander returns from Ike but manages not to crash.  After about four hours of solely working with those ships the console might crash…. It starts to get really slow and that’s when I just reboot the game ..   

I have 3/4 of a terabyte drive free on the console.  You might want to check how much disk space you have free as the last update was especially made for ps5/Xbox series though it was made available for earlier consoles.  It supposedly takes advantage of increase “memory” of the newer boxes….  It runs on my Xbox 1x but has caused it to crash more than it had in the past but it’s definitely not crashing as often as you’re reporting… 

@Dew169 441gb of 861gb so hd is fine. Literally cannot play the game in one evening without over 3 game crashes. Any PS4 users out there without same experience? 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.