Petition for Squad to make Human Space Program

ShuttlePilot

i dont think ksp would have been as fun as it is if it weren't for the kerbals. kerbals and their questionable design choices are what make the game fun. for years i was looking for a newtonian space flight simulator that could hold my interest for more than a couple days. orbiter was boring for lack of a better word. not to say there isnt enough room out there for a more true to life space sim out there for space historians, but i dont think it would be as fun as kerbal is.

7 hours ago, Nuke said:

i dont think ksp would have been as fun as it is if it weren't for the kerbals. kerbals and their questionable design choices are what make the game fun.

I'm going to jump in... but first, I am NOT speaking for Squad, Intercept, or PD... is is just MY personal opinion... and I agree.
In the end KSP is still a game... the best game ever IMO... lol.. but still a game. 
And the Kerbals add that fun element into what could otherwise be a somewhat boring subject.  
They have somehow managed to stumble their way to space, and into our hearts. And I just don't think the game would have been nearly as successful without them

Edited by Just Jim

I agree about the Kerbals' silliness and that it would have been less fun of a game if it had all the elements of RSS & RO from the start. I like that those are options (they could be easier to set up...and the 30 degree inclination on the solar system makes it unplayable for me) and maybe in KSP 2 they could have a "hard mode" where the planets are 10x bigger (real scale) and the parts balanced a bit more realistically. For me, personally, there is:

-KSP stock (easy mode)

-KSP with RSS & realism mods, etc. (hard mode)

-Actually becoming an aerospace engineer in real life (very hard mode)

I almost feel like I might want to regress into easy mode once in a while once I'm doing very hard mode for a job.

16 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

I'm for Kerbals of human proportions, for more realistic vessels. 

i think this is my only issue with kerbals. if you have ever made a cockpit or command pod mod, you know how awkward it can be to design a cockpit for short creatures with big heads. still you could have my kerbals when you pry them out of my cold dead hands burning space debris. 

Edited by Nuke

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 7:04 PM, razark said:

This is a very bad wrong idea that should never happen.

To demonstrate exactly why, I present:

Hide contents

D76DeF4.png

Isn't there a mod that gives you a huge Scott Manley head orbiting around kerbin?

TfTOPS3.png

Edited by funnelton
found it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.