[1.12.x] CRFP - CarnationRED Flexible Parts Updated

linuxgurugamer

1 minute ago, Forked Camphor said:

I don't think that is possible. I mean making a curve pipe or "S" shape. Unless LGG can add kinda the same funcionality that mods like procedural parts or procedural fairings have to edit curves.

a shape like this

_________
/                 \

|                  |

|                  |

\________/

1 minute ago, kerbmario said:

a shape like this

_________
/                 \

|                  |

|                  |

\________/

Oh, that is totally doable, even with procedural parts.

What I meant was something like this

Spoiler

l1011-500_tristar_raf_zd948_07.jpg

The transition from the intake on the top to the exhaust on the bottom-rear is really smooth, no sharp angles. That type of shape are impossible to do in KSP, which limits a lot of creative designs, like those inspired by X-33 body, Rafale intakes, Dream Chaser, flying wings, or streamlined style in general

Just now, Forked Camphor said:

Oh, that is totally doable, even with procedural parts.

What I meant was something like this

Hide contents

l1011-500_tristar_raf_zd948_07.jpg

The transition from the intake on the top to the exhaust on the bottom-rear is really smooth, no sharp angles. That type of shape are impossible to do in KSP, which limits a lot of creative designs, like those inspired by X-33 body, Rafale intakes, Dream Chaser, flying wings, or streamlined style in general

i think only cones or fairings are kinda able do this intake-to-exhaust transition, but it would look bad. we would need smooth curved parts for that

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 7:56 AM, kerbmario said:

When will we get more included Textures, like Turbofan inlets? (I want to create engine 2 of a Klockhead K-1011 with the cool looking  elliptical/tube shape, with CRFP)

Never from me sorry.  I don't do textures, graphics or models, it's bad enough when I try to do a button.

However, if someone were to submit something for inclusion, I'd be happy to do so

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've discovered this mod recently and I have to say it's fantastic, it allowed me to go beyond on my aircraft recreations, thanks @linuxgurugamer for maintaining and continuing the good of work of @CarnationRED

• A couple questions...is it possible to import the shaders of Textures Unlimited to have metalic textures of the same type?
  • Would it be possible to have procedural air intakes in the framework of this mod? I always thought that it would be cool to have a procedural airIntake mod, so I created a part .cfg and modified the base .mu on blender to make it more like an intake to check if it's possible to do it without having to write new modules, but the new part only appears in the parts list, once loaded in a craft it takes the shape of the regular CRFP fuselage, I assume the module code reloads the basic shape from somewhere.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Captain_Gropius said:

I've discovered this mod recently and I have to say it's fantastic, it allowed me to go beyond on my aircraft recreations, thanks @linuxgurugamer for maintaining and continuing the good of work of @CarnationRED

• A couple questions...is it possible to import the shaders of Textures Unlimited to have metalic textures of the same type?
  • Would it be possible to have procedural air intakes in the framework of this mod? I always thought that it would be cool to have a procedural airIntake mod, so I created a part .cfg and modified the base .mu on blender to make it more like an intake to check if it's possible to do it without having to write new modules, but the new part only appears in the parts list, once loaded in a craft it takes the shape of the regular CRFP fuselage, I assume the module code reloads the basic shape from somewhere.

Thanks!

First, your welcome

Second, I'm not the developer of this mod, just maintaining it.  That being said, I don't think the shaders can be moved/imported to this mod without some work.  Maybe if someone else gets the urge, but for me, this is in maintenance mode

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 6:25 PM, The_Stinky_Broccoli said:

This is basically the user friendly version of Procedural Parts, and I love it! Thanks again for bringing these mods back!

"user friendly"? I am staring at a tube now for an hour trying to make it bend a little!!@!@!

Maybe someone can make a video showing how "user friendly" it is because to me it seems you have to have a degree in quanatum-uclidean-pan-dimensional-physics and a minimum IQ of 3000 to use it

16 hours ago, ctbram said:

"user friendly"? I am staring at a tube now for an hour trying to make it bend a little!!@!@!

Maybe someone can make a video showing how "user friendly" it is because to me it seems you have to have a degree in quanatum-uclidean-pan-dimensional-physics and a minimum IQ of 3000 to use it

It's simple enough once you get it. I don't use it anymore because there are some issues with Symmetry and the chamfers don't work anymore.  Procedural Parts has hollow parts now, and Offset options. It's giving this a run for it's money. I was going to grab some screenshots for you but it seems my CRFP install is borked. I'll describe it, if it's of no help I apologize. If you're trying to 'bend' a pipe like, a corner pipe shape or something, I'm not sure that is possible.

Creating a part is beyond me, never tried it. But using the menu to edit the part from the standard cylinder is easier. It's a cylinder by default, but the sliders let you change each corner from round to sharp. The green button will change the corner shape (when it works). The length option is further down the menu. Then below the length there's options like Run and Rise (IIRC), which offset up/down or left/right. There are also texture options within that menu, and an option to not use textures and use a solid colour instead.

Edit: I wanted to clarify that making a single part in a pipe shape is likely not possible. But this mod can do that shape in a couple of parts because you can offset the axis bottom/top nodes. Meaning a couple pieces could form such a shape. 

Edited by ElonsMusk

• 2 months later...

I'm just reporting a incompatibility for anyone else also stumbling on this issue.
This isn't not a real bug report because i just rebooted my KSP1 playthrough after a long time and i'm not sure CC mod is up to date with KSP version.
Alongside this mod, i installed also Allista's Configurable Containers v2.6.2.1 and main UI panel won't open.
I found in log file a line with "Failed to add Resource [long integer number] to Simulation PartSet etc etc"
It appears some resource is being removed while other parts/modules are trying to use it, and KSP isn't too happy about it.

Edited by fatcargo

• 2 months later...

Hi, congrats for this mod

This mod would be great if we could shape shields in order to adapt them on whatever re-entry shuttle!!

Is it possible?

Edited by gilflo