Functions in KSP 2

reyesryder

My guess leans toward either that they will or they will release the game with that in mind as an update. My guess stems from the fact that Nate said he would like to incorporate VR at some point and that would be a great place to express VR in. Though, I think its far from guaranteed that VR will ever be officially supported.

I’d love to explore vr more, especially the map view. How do maps in vr actually work and how would the one in KSP work? Especially because you need to manipulate maneuvers carefully and have access to the numbers in order to execute things well. Also, all of the different views will need to be considered to give players access to data even in EVA. maybe an info panel and nav ball built into the the kerbal’s sleeve

I would expect something similar to KSP1's IVA, with a tad more polish maybe. If you want fully fleshed out MFD's and what not then you'll probably have to use mods like you do now.

VR would certainly be cool, and would give them a good reason to really flesh out the IVA cockpits, but it's a significant amount of work and the VR audience is relatively tiny so it's a low priority feature.