Building ideas / Challenge me

15 hours ago, 18Watt said:

Build a crewed rover, deliver it to Minmus, and drive all the way around.  How hard can it be?

Sounds good for me! challenge accepted.

8 minutes ago, davifrancis60 said:

Sounds good for me! challenge accepted.

hold on just saw the post not simple at all... lol

55 minutes ago, davifrancis60 said:

hold on just saw the post not simple at all... lol

Well, it's not something you can do in just an hour- it'll keep you busy for days.

Driving around Minmus takes time, patience, and heavy use of F5/F9 (quicksave and load..).  But I think the challenging part is building a reasonably sturdy rover, and then building and flying the delivery vehicle.   "Getting there" is definitely part of the challenge.  Perhaps you could tackle a smaller part of the challenge?

• Design a rover that works well, and is sturdy, for use on Minmus or Mun.
  • Design a ship to deliver a rover to Minmus or Mun.

• 4 months later...

Very biased here because I want to show off my proudest KSP design... 

Take this craft, https://kerbalx.com/Andetch/Sloh-Rye-Dah-Evlandia fly it to Duna and land the crewed lander in the payload there.  Then return the crew that landed to the shuttle. 

Then refuel the shuttle by either landing it on Duna or Ike, then return to Kerbin. 

It took me a while to achieve this!

If you want to get a really difficult task, try and land on Laythe with it. Feel free to send the payload lander component somewhere else, with  crew. 

The payload uses command seats, so you need to sit them in there at launch otherwise it is a pain to get them seated.

Edited by Andetch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

a mk3 ssto carrier that has no wings(easier for u,i find out that my winged sstos all rotate quickly and lose control in the atmosphere even if i make the centers align korrektly)

use the vector engine and use kal underclokcing for fuel

bonus points for that ramp(ull need to part clip or attach ur engines beside instead of bihind)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.