Question regarding the Mobile Processing Lab

Hello guys, I have a question.

The Mobile Processing Lab, which could be used as module for space stations, can give you an infinite number of science points or it have a maximum number of points?

Currently I have a Space Station which I use only with the purpose to make some science points , but I would be sure that this resource could be used always, in every moment that I need.

Thanks in advance

Each lab can only process each experiment once- it can only run once for a temperature scan from Kerbin’s shores or a mystery goo observation from Eeloo space low, for example. This is per lab part- put two labs on the same craft and there’s no overlap, you can process two copies of mystery goo from Eeloo space low etc. for double the science returns.

It’s entirely possible to complete the tech tree without ever leaving Kerbin’s SOI and without using the MPL at all, just trawl through all the biomes on the Mun and Minmus with each experiment and you’ll be done in barely any time at all.

On 10/28/2021 at 3:54 AM, Alien21 said:

The Mobile Processing Lab, which could be used as module for space stations, can give you an infinite number of science points or it have a maximum number of points?

@jimmymcgoochie has the essential limitation, so I'll merely flesh out that answer:

In the stock game (meaning no DLC or mods), the total available science  is indefinite.  I won't say infinite, but it is unlimited.  First, there is no limitation on the number of labs that you can have running at any time.  You only need to supply them each with copies of the experiment data.  Second, there is no limitation to the number of experiments that you can feed into a lab past the stipulation that each experiment be unique (so there are no repeat experiments in any given lab).  The number of biomes (and biome-derived experiments) is finite ... but the number of asteroids and comets is not.

The only real limitations on it are computer memory and, more likely, your patience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.