Kerbal Space Program 2: Episode 4 - Celestial Architecting

CoolRanchAJ

To add on to the surname idea a Kerbal could be taller/smaller or have a different colored skin depending on what kind of place they grow up in.

You already see this a bit in this shot with slightly darker/lighter tones of green:

hUg84iK.png

Don't know if the skin tones are a trick of the light or not but I doubt it.

For instance a Kerbal born in space could be taller, and a Kerbal born on a planet like Ovin would be shorter.

And a Kerbal could have a totally different skin color based on the climate of their home, a Kerbal could have red skin if it's home planet is to hot or blue skin if their planet is to cold, with Kerbals with green skin only existing on habitable planets like Kerbin/Laythe/Lapat.

A kerbal could also have larger/smaller eyes based on how far a planet is from the sun, you probably get the idea.

@Nate Simpson Could something like that be added to the game, I know you and the team has a lot to juggle but I think it would work perfectly with the surname idea, and it would also be a great way to show the public how evolution will be affected by living on other planets.

Amazing work on KSP 2 and I look forward to playing it :D 

1 minute ago, Minmus Taster said:

To add on to the surname idea a Kerbal could be taller/smaller or have a different colored skin depending on what kind of place they grow up in.

You already see this a bit in this shot with slightly darker/lighter tones of green:

hUg84iK.png

Don't know if the skin tones are a trick of the light or not but I doubt it.

For instance a Kerbal born in space could be taller, and a Kerbal born on a planet like Ovin would be shorter.

And a Kerbal could have a totally different skin color based on the climate of their home, a Kerbal could have red skin if it's home planet is to hot or blue skin if their planet is to cold, with Kerbals with green skin only existing on habitable planets like Kerbin/Laythe/Lapat.

A kerbal could also have larger/smaller eyes based on how far a planet is from the sun, you probably get the idea.

@Nate Simpson Could something like that be added to the game, I know you and the team has a lot to juggle but I think it would work perfectly with the surname idea, and it would also be a great way to show the public how evolution will be affected by living on other planets.

Amazing work on KSP 2 and I look forward to playing it :D 

i-hear-that-shawn-spencer.gif

3 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Minmus is no longer icy? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! 

1 hour ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

It will always be icy in our hearts ;.;;.;;.;

This only adds to the kerbals disappointment when the land there. Not only is it not minty icecream, it not even ice!

Honestly I think that adds more to the character of Minmus.

29 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Linuxgurugamer, RoverDude, JPLRepo, etc. Just basically everyone who's made a decent mod. Ooh! That would include @ColdJ!

Hide contents

Granted, I'm pretty sure that @RoverDude and @JPLRepo are actively working on KSP 2 in someway. 

Yeah, today was a bad day for limits.

Nertea is on the KSP2 team also. This actually makes me kind of worried for the future of mods... will we ever see the mods we loved from KSP ported to KSP2 if the modders are now devs? How would that even work? I'm sure they're making great parts for KSP2, but will we have the variety of parts options available if they are limited to sticking with a particular design theme or not having 4 engine types that do basically the same thing, but are slightly different? I'm going to miss the exceptional variety of modded KSP parts for a while, I fear.

45 minutes ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

Looking back at it, since how Kerman works. It probably be better if it was the first three letters 

so instead of Debdebman it would be Debman

Whatever seems to make more sense and sounds better with the planets name. In the case of Gilly, both Gilmen and Gillymen or Gillimen can work. With Moho, Mohomen doesn't sound too good, where Mohmen sounds better. Or Joolmen sounds better than Joomen. But limiting the letters used would make sense in the case of Debdeb. Debmen sounds much better than Debdebmen. Or Gurmen/Gurdmen would sound better than Gurdammamen.

Edited by shdwlrd

11 minutes ago, TLTay said:

Nertea is on the KSP2 team also. This actually makes me kind of worried for the future of mods... will we ever see the mods we loved from KSP ported to KSP2 if the modders are now devs? How would that even work? I'm sure they're making great parts for KSP2, but will we have the variety of parts options available if they are limited to sticking with a particular design theme or not having 4 engine types that do basically the same thing, but are slightly different? I'm going to miss the exceptional variety of modded KSP parts for a while, I fear.

Don't worry! We'll have new fresh innovators that'll take the space left by previous modding veterans!

1 hour ago, Minmus Taster said:

We need that surname change feature!

I just can't live without a Kerbal not having "Donkmen" as a name.

Also, we can find a lot of info in this shot, ignore the habitable planet called "Lapet" it's not important ;) 

qKv6Klb.png

or instance if you look at the left of the screen...

Hide contents

Wind.

Weather.

Holy **** we're gonna get weather.

I would reserve your holy excrements until that’s actually confirmed. Might just be dynamic weather

9 minutes ago, zolotiyeruki said:

Would that go along with Gurherren?

(for those who don't know any German, herren = men, dammen = women)

Not quite, it's actually "Damen" (one less "m" in there).  "Dämmen" on the other hand (with the Umlaut) means to isolate (temperature, water, etc). "Verdammen" means to curse something or somebody (same as "damn").

I still believe "Gurdamma" is the sound you'll make when you fail your 15th landing on that thing.

1 hour ago, The Doodling Astronaut said:

are these the actual names?

Looking back at it, since how Kerman works. It probably be better if it was the first three letters 

so instead of Debdebman it would be Debman

I would say the first syllable but only in general. If it sounds better do whatever works.

40 minutes ago, ShadowZone said:

I still believe "Gurdamma" is the sound you'll make when you fail your 15th landing on that thing.

:joy: that is the polite version of the colorful language that can't be used on this forum.

9 hours ago, Lach_01298 said:

This only adds to the kerbals disappointment when the land there. Not only is it not minty icecream, it not even ice!

Honestly I think that adds more to the character of Minmus.

I mean, the surface report when landed on Minmus in KSP1 read "It's made of a non-edible crystalline substance", so it wasn't ice or icecream in the original game either.