Episode 4's Secret Message

AtomicTech

1 hour ago, Gurkonier said:

Nice, i tried it myself, but i never found the right bitstring.

I thought the left audio was for example 1 and the right 0 so i got something like this: 111111110111111111011111111111110...
But never got the alternating: 10101010101010101010101 for calibration...

https://imgur.com/a/Ka8XWU7bQDe5vN.jpeg

Your decoding is correct. The line of bits for calibration is on the first message, in the "Kerbal Space Program 2: Episode 3 - Next Gen Astronauts" video.

On 10/29/2021 at 12:58 PM, Mr.Evil said:

There are 12 Points above. If they stand for month's, what could mean the second line...

I think I saw elsewhere (will edit if/when I find it) that the Plus sign was for the star and other dots are references for the planets.  

the line to the rocket points from the 3d planet to the rocket... so maybe that's where the rockets are from?

Edit - here you go: 

19 hours ago, salaminho said:

Your decoding is correct. The line of bits for calibration is on the first message, in the "Kerbal Space Program 2: Episode 3 - Next Gen Astronauts" video.

Oh thanks, this is what i didn't understand till now. This continues the first message.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it had already been said but if they want to match the arecibos message aspect ratio, they will need at least 2 more feature videos meaning that if they stick to their schedule (5/6 months between videos) the game won't be released before the very end of 2022. And as the arecibo is 73x22 and they have released two 16x22 messages we can expect the complete message to be 64x22 or they will have to change the messages length at some point.

Edited by Kaerbanogue

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2021 at 12:05 PM, JoeSchmuckatelli said:

What is that - rocket comes from the 3d planet and finds Kraken on the 6th?

Technically there is a deep space Kraken easter egg on Bop, and Jool, the planet it orbits is the 6th planets, so yes...

My theory is that as we go down the message, the last line will contain the exact release date of ksp 2, and that this whole Arecibo style thing is just the dev's way of building up hype

8 hours ago, Meb Kat said:

Technically there is a deep space Kraken easter egg on Bop, and Jool, the planet it orbits is the 6th planets, so yes...

My theory is that as we go down the message, the last line will contain the exact release date of ksp 2, and that this whole Arecibo style thing is just the dev's way of building up hype

I agree! 

If I were the devs, I would show the last video at one of the big gaming conferences/events, have it be a comprehensive review of the game, and at the end reveal the date (maybe it glitches onto the screen).