Plonk?!?!?!? don't worry Nate I've got ya.

So when I heard that they were going to call Gurdammas moon ''plonk'' I was like ''Ok, its probably something bland looking like Gil-(looks at picture of Plonk)OHMYGODITLOOKSSOCOOLICANTLETTHISTRAVESTYTAKEPLACE!''

So I looked and looked for a decent time to find a better name until I found it, Néos, it sounds cool, means ''new'' in greek which is fitting because this moon is new (for a celestial body), and most importantly It fits such a cool looking celestial body much better then ''plonk'' So yeah... Nate? if your watching this PLEASE LISTEN!!!!!! Or not, this is not pushy or anything like that (=

14 minutes ago, Newgame space program said:

So when I heard that they were going to call Gurdammas moon ''plonk'' I was like ''Ok, its probably something bland looking like Gil-(looks at picture of Plonk)OHMYGODITLOOKSSOCOOLICANTLETTHISTRAVESTYTAKEPLACE!''

So I looked and looked for a decent time to find a better name until I found it, Néos, it sounds cool, means ''new'' in greek which is fitting because this moon is new (for a celestial body), and most importantly It fits such a cool looking celestial body much better then ''plonk'' So yeah... Nate? if your watching this PLEASE LISTEN!!!!!! Or not, this is not pushy or anything like that (=

B-b-but "Donk" sounds cutter :(  /hj

Really though, Neos is a cool name but the team seems to want silly/gibberish names.

Welcome to the forums btw :) 

Imagine launching to this new moon, and when your ship gets there it reads "New" on the map screen...this is what Greek players are going to see when they use "Neos".
Just think what the contracts will say: "Build a new station around New in a low orbit.", "Rescue Newt Kerman from the orbit of New"

5 minutes ago, Blaarkies said:

Imagine launching to this new moon, and when your ship gets there it reads "New" on the map screen...this is what Greek players are going to see when they use "Neos".
Just think what the contracts will say: "Build a new station around New in a low orbit.", "Rescue Newt Kerman from the orbit of New"

While you are right on that, some things cannot be avoided. For example, when I want to land on the dwarf planet between Duna and Jool, I aim for Tracksuit, because that's what Dres means for me. But I assume that wasn't done on purpose and Dres in Spanish doesn't mean anything, so it can be. It's better to play with words, just like Duna comes from the word dune. So maybe play with the word "new". Hell, call it Mew, add pointy ears, furry surface and... Sorry, I got carried away there

My philosophy on it is "A rose by any other name".

In other words, as long as they don't change the name AFTER release, I don't particularly care what they call it. I'm not that attached to the name of a thing. Of course if it's a particularly well fitting name that's nice, but it's not a firm requirement.