Turn Kerbal into a horror game with mods

If you guys like analog horror there is a youtube channel called Gemini Home Entertainment. In one the videos called "Our solar system" it seems like a normal documentary until there is this creepy planet called "The Iris" and it is "alive." The video also says Neptune has been "Mutated." There is another video called "crusader probe mission" the space probe is called "Crusader 5" and it looks like a Voyager probe again it flies by Jupiter and photographs the moons until it reaches Saturn and shows a moon called "Chiron" irl in the 1860s astronomers claimed to have spotted a moon of Saturn and called it Chiron and never saw it again. The space probe skips flying by Uranus and Neptune flyby goes normal until it sends back creepy photographs of moons of the gas giants that never existed being warped together and an asteroid that looks like flesh and then there is the planet "Iris" and if flies inside the planet and it appears to be a living organism. I thought wow this would be a great KSP mod make a fun space simulator into a creepy analogue horror game. Basically it could be in RSS or in OPM and it would be past Neidon/Neptune and creepy things would happen to your spacecraft when you approach the planet and you can visit those strange moons. Maybe also add the moon Chiron to Sarnus/Saturn as a bonus. If somebody develops this mod I would be happy to reenact the Crusader 5 mission. Thank you.

Crusader 5 video link: 

Forgot to include our solar system video 

It's like Art Bell and season 1 of Space:1999 dropped acid then had a baby. :D:confused:

I wouldn't call it scary, just decidedly.... odd.

Edited by Jack Wolfe

On 11/3/2021 at 5:32 PM, Admiral Fluffy said:

Here is a Kerbal Horror video

I hope he survived. I think it was a message, not real

On 11/3/2021 at 6:16 PM, awsumguy76801 said:

Very cool!

Oh so you think landing on Tylo is hard? Try landing on the iris. It would be cool if the planet would be completely unpredictable and it would have a schedule for mini doomsday for kerbin like asteroids and stuff. They would be an annoyance but wouldn't destroy the planet. 

I've always wanted to try out making a planet pack of this for OPM, but alas, i have no clue on how to mod. (should probably check the add on development)

I installed gimp and notepad, time to try this out!

Edited by funnelton
IT BEGINS.

On 11/1/2021 at 5:44 AM, awsumguy76801 said:

If you guys like analog horror there is a youtube channel called Gemini Home Entertainment. In one the videos called "Our solar system" it seems like a normal documentary until there is this creepy planet called "The Iris" and it is "alive."

Cookie cutter horror. Outer Wilds (play it for yourself, don't spoil it) figured out how to make space terrifying with little to no horror elements.

On 11/6/2021 at 2:40 PM, Admiral Fluffy said:

The top comment is “Plot twist: Jeb was going insane and hallucinating because he was alone on Duna for so long”

Yeah I think so, but maybe he had one of those visions that become true. Nevertheless, he should still tell the KSC

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.