The New Stock Repository Version 0.21

I'm submitting my two stock rover designs for the Miscellaneous category. They were built in 0.16 but are 0.17 compatible.

---------------------

lynx_banner.jpg

Supersonic Labs is proud to announce the release of the Lynx ROV Mk I transport vehicle.

Lynx ROV Mk I is designed with versatility and economy in mind. The simplified launch and cruise stages provide enough fuel budget to easily deploy Lynx ROV Mk I within the Kerbol system, ready to support extra-kerrestrial missions. Once deployed, the rover sports 1000 units of RCS fuel, 14 RCS thruster blocks and 12 all-terrain treads. The Lynx ROV Mk I vehicle has a max. range of approx. 20km and a max. safe all-terrain speed of 15m per second (approx. 33 mph).

The manufacturer recommends reducing speed over rough terrain as well as avoiding hard turns. Retracting the treads serves as a parking brake.

Download - Lynx ROV Mk I (KSP 0.16 stock)

---------------------

komodo_banner.jpg

Supersonic Labs is proud to announce the release of the Komodo ROV Mk I heavy transport vehicle.

Komodo ROV Mk I is engineered for stability, range, mission versatility and carrying capacity. A custom designed MLS-class launch stage delivers enough fuel budget to quickly deploy Komodo ROV Mk I in support of extra-kerrestrial missions. Once deployed, the rover sports 4400 units of RCS fuel, 40 RCS thruster blocks and 12 all-terrain treads. The rover includes a cargo module mounted directly behind the crew cabin which can hold equipment and supplies for transport to field locations. In addition, the rover can carry up to 6 passengers at a time. The Komodo ROV Mk I vehicle has a max. range of approx. 40km and a max. safe all-terrain speed of 10-15m per second (approx. 22-33mph).

Usage Guidelines, Read Carefully! - The manufacturer recommends reducing speed over rough terrain as well as avoiding hard turns.

This vehicle has a max. rated safe speed of 10-15m per second. When traveling near max. safe speed, do not attempt to reduce speed suddenly with heavy braking, as this practice may make the vehicle unstable. Instead, reduce speed by applying retro thrust.

If the vehicle develops a roll, reduce speed and apply a counter-roll immediately. The side-mounted bumper treads are designed to provide a margin of error correction only. They are not designed to be driven upon or support the weight of the vehicle while at speed.

Retracting the treads serves as a parking brake.

Download - Komodo ROV Mk I (KSP 0.16 stock)

Quickie Mk I

Category : Interplanetary orbiter *Likely capable of also returning from most but this hasn't been tested*

Maximum capacity into orbit : 30t into a 100km circular low Kerbin orbit

A fairly typical asparagus staged lifter with a single NERVA powered orbiter. It's neither fancy nor unique, however, it is reliable.

screenshot13.png

screenshot12.png

screenshot14.png

Brave souls can attempt and engine stand landing, though i'd recommend modifying the craft for landing capabilities if that is what's desired.

screenshot22.png
Edited by Qumefox

I would like to personally thank you for making something based on real life and not following the "add K" method of naming things.

• 6 months later...

I need a day of silence for my whole thread, gone in a puff of smoke. And the privilege to post and such, I'm back to 0 posts.

Rune. Luckily, I have something to work from thanks to google.

Here, let's get this ball rolling with a utilitarian but elegant design that some might find very useful... an asparagus-staged super-heavy launch vehicle.

The "Asterisk" is capable of lifting 164 tons to 300km or higher (MechJeb 2.0.7 can get it to 400km easily, if desired), with fuel left to deorbit the final launch stage or even perform some rendezvous first, depending on how efficient the flight path is.

It comes in two forms: The first carries a cargo of four Jumbo-64 tanks equipped with independent disposable tugs which can dock them separately and even deorbit them when empty. The second is a Payloader-friendly craft file, ready to receive whatever ship or cargo you need launched.

GWasKMdl.jpg

KliqhZbl.jpg

It's a high part-count vehicle unfortunately, mainly due to the number of struts required to keep the craft controllable and prevent connections from breaking under the strain. The Payloader version is effectively 543 parts (or 531 if you want/need to remove nosecones), of which 400 are struts, and the fuel tanker version is 724 total, using 450 struts.

But the silver lining is that the booster stages are expended fairly quickly during the first couple minutes of flight, so the part count rapidly goes down! And with careful use of SAS it's not difficult to get it into orbit manually.

A few more pictures

Download and full details on Spaceport

Edited by Tallinu
Picture links

I'm new to KSP and unfortunately just found this thread during the forum reboot. I found this thread after searching for a mun rocket you had commented on and wanted to add to this thread but now i cant find that thread. Will you continue with this thread or be starting a new one?

I'm new to KSP and unfortunately just found this thread during the forum reboot. I found this thread after searching for a mun rocket you had commented on and wanted to add to this thread but now i cant find that thread. Will you continue with this thread or be starting a new one?

This thread is already stickied so I'll just add on to it like I did before. If you have any designs please post them!

My first ship I post here, it was a freaking torture to get this beast into orbit (just stock parts, no mods), I present to you: The Bismarck.

It has the abilty to travel to other planets and VTOL on low-gravity moons/planets. Well, at least theoretically.

This start attempt maybe look good but something went terribly wrong (R.I.P. Kelberry Kerman)...

cut56iu6.png

Decided to turn the ship 90° and put the boosters behind it... still needed a lot of tweaking (fuel lines, extra boosters etc.) to get this fatty into space :-P

x9ferch6.png

But finally I did it!

vnfx6qur.png

And here we go (well at least to meet the orbital tank station to refill our nearly empty tanks....).

ogw2xnjx.png

Excuse the low graphic settings, but my PC is not the best, and when I rendezvous a big ship with my space station I have like 1 fps on better settings.

Craft-File (if you like a challenge :-D):

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7505344/Bismarck.craft.html

Damn, losing this thread really hurts, there were some amazing ships in here.

I'm going to do my part to repopulate it, so i'd like to submit the following orbital craft: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25888-0-19-SRS-ORV-Arrow-1-DX-%28SSTO%29.

All the information is in there. Let's go people, let's fill this thread back up :D

I present for the stock pile the Mun Rover Bomb.

It features completly stock standard, stock parts and can achieve launch(barely) for a landing on the Mun.

Once landing is achieved the craft can deploy 4 self sustaining rovers based on satellite cores.

Notes and Tips for using this craft:

Dont let Jebediah fly it, thats too dangerous.

It's slow at launch and part way through the heavy lift I was losing altitude but I finally managed orbit.

Apply the brakes once a landing is achieved.

Use number one to activate the science equipment and deploy the rovers, after applying the brakes.

You can remove the sloar panels as each rover has 2 power rods and then there should be some space for mod parts if you want (like MapSat).

I hope this bit works !

The craft file should be here:

http://pastebin.com/jF6LDwzA

The launch Vehicle looks like this:

http://imgur.com/sPN82iM

sPN82iM.jpg

Once Landed on the Mun she looks like this:

http://imgur.com/6qFCzyG

6qFCzyG.jpg

And finally deployed looks like this:

http://imgur.com/wo6b52o

wo6b52o.jpg

Edited by Mick2
change to image reference, Thanks Vexx

I want present to you a vehicle I created based on a picture on Moustachauve's ribbon generator site:

The Bumblebee LASH (Low Atmospheric SHuttle)

T54PYcP.png

bumble-bee-man.gif

Technical data:

Crew capacity: 3 Kerbals (unmanned operation capable - OKTO2 command pod on top of the X200-32 fuel tank)

Delta-V (vacuum): 4231 m/s

Delta-V (sea level): 3641 m/s

Total mass (empty): 10.29 t

Total mass (full): 34.29 t

Thrust to weight ratio (main engines): 1.20

Thrust to weight ratio (VTOL engines): 0.26

Launch vehicle:

Delta-V (vacuum): 5606 m/s

Delta-V (sea level): 4757 m/s

Total mass (empty): 175,12

Total mass (full): 431,12 t

Thrust to weight ratio: 2.77

Note: the technical data was calculated 'manually' in a spreadsheet. Technical data calculated by plugins may vary to some degree.

The vehicle is hard to control when fully throttled-up. I recommend throttling up slowly and turning on ASAS when the desired throttle state is reached.

For VTOL landing right click the docking port on top of the X200-32 fuel tank and select "Control from here".

Action groups:

Custom 1: Activate main engines (deactivate VTOL engines)

Custom 2: Activate VTOL engines (deactivate main engines)

Custom 10: Toggle docking port; toggle comm dish; toggle solar panels

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/iInr7

Download: http://pastebin.com/bvzzTPQn

Yet another SSTO Shuttle, courtesy of yours truly. It is pre-crash, but google didn't save it, so I'm re-creating the thread. It's small, it's cute, and it carries a more than decent payload and three kerbals to orbit.

zcgRzMd.jpg

It is actually volume-limited, since I'm pretty sure it can lift considerably more than what you can stick in the payload bay. The sample payload in a Munar lander/rover, but you could take it out and put anything else in there you want, or just a plain fuel tank to turn it into a long-range ship/tanker.

And why should I explain how to get it into orbit, when I have a video of me doing just that, and commenting a lot of stuff about it:

IMGUR ALBUM:

http://imgur.com/a/SrQBO

DOWNLOAD:

http://www./?q9a86ujb4t943ag

Rune. Because small is cute.

KwirkyJ Flailing Industries supports (again) a series of orbiters.

GORP-series thread

Please note that, depending on payload, most of these can easily support interplanetary or interplanetary-return flights...

GORPx3S

8314be8f-02a6-4c0f-ba2e-fb8f7ea764e7_zps03b7b427.jpg

GORPx3AMS II

screenshot6_zpsb84f3377.png

GORPx6A

screenshot0_zps9426f027.png

GORPx9

screenshot2_zps05f973bb.png

GORPx20A

screenshot1_zpsd96f2c5d.png

GORPy40

screenshot3_zps53c9c393.png

GORPy100

screenshot4_zps4c979c3c.png

Edited by KwirkyJ
added two more rockets

Copied form its own thread (I might also post a selection of the rest of the crafts in my thread, whatever sticks out, later):

So, the last thing the forum ate: the Grasshopper. Lots of kudos to Cupcake (you might find the design reminds you of his... which is quite normal, since he inspired this with his VTOL's). Here it is, ain't he gorgeous?

6cewuj3.jpg

And it's very functional, too. Pretty easy to get to orbit, you just have to airhog a bit before using the nuke, but it is all explained on the video anyhow (the first one I did, BTW). And once in space... well, it has the delta-v to get to the Mun, land, and then get back to Kerbin. You also have an easy time landing it afterwards, since you can pop chutes for a hands-free descent. Just one thing to have in mind: brake under 100m/s before you hit 500 meters over the surface with the jet engines, or the chutes opening will rip it to pieces.

And while you are on the ground... well, it roves! Very stable, too, and it... well, it leans to where you are going when you are turn. It was completely unintentional, but now I love that feature. It reminds me of the tumbler from the batman movies. It also has a docking port and RCS, so you can refuel it at a depot. The docking port is also handy to correctly position the navball in the direction of thrust... and honestly, I don't know what to add. Have fun getting it places!

IMGUR ALBUM: (Commented Munar mission)

http://imgur.com/a/aMISS

DOWNLOAD:

http://www./?68pzeiczzx6kbia

Rune. Well, now I have to come up with new stuff... but I have a couple of things in the works, the inspiration has not completely run out.

oop second ship:

Yep. The TOG II Is now in KSP.

255px-TOG_II_1.jpg

screenshot898.png

It is close to 500 parts, has large gun, and an interior with ladders to 5 crew hatches. Total of 6 crew can be carried. Sides and Turret are double armored, Front is tripple armored. Uses LOTS of electricity. Pressing "1" extends ladders and antennae.

Also when leaving the runway go down at a SHALLOW angle (se picture) or the tank will break its wheels.

DOWNLOAD AND PUT IN SPH FOLDER: http://www./?i3k5rnzamcodikv

PHOTOS:

\/CORRECT DRIVING ANGLE TO LEAVE RUNWAY!\/

screenshot895.png

screenshot892.png

screenshot894.png

screenshot896.png

screenshot899.png

screenshot907.png