AtomicTech Kerbalized Names! (KSP 1.12.x) (v.2.0.0)

AtomicTech

Using the KSP-RO Team's beautiful KerbalRenamer, I've created a three new cultures that contain Kerbalized last names!

You'll need to select the CUSTOM profile to get these last names.

Download here at Github!

SpaceDock wasn't left out!

Disclaimer: This mod does include SpaceLink. It's titled SpaceLink.dll.

(Screenshots hopefully coming soon!)

On 11/4/2021 at 2:04 PM, AtomicTech said:

There's one version now,

The ModuleManager Version

That requires MM and KerbalRenamer

Hide contents

Download Instructions:

-Install MM

-Install KerbalRenamer

-Download the Zip from the Code button on GitHub.

-Drag and AT-Kerbalized-Names-CKAN-Version-main into your GameData Folder.

Edited by AtomicTech

Reviewing this for CKAN, you've forked KerbalRenamer and edited its default config directly. If and when future changes and fixes are made to KerbalRenamer, your project won't benefit from those. It would be better to reference KerbalRenamer as a dependency and then add your changes with a ModuleManager patch. We probably won't add this to CKAN as it is.

28 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Reviewing this for CKAN, you've forked KerbalRenamer and edited its default config directly. If and when future changes and fixes are made to KerbalRenamer, your project won't benefit from those. It would be better to reference KerbalRenamer as a dependency and then add your changes with a ModuleManager patch. We probably won't add this to CKAN as it is.

That's a bit more complicated than I would like and I've found that KR works perfectly fine in KSP 1.12.2 with mods. If I were to do it, how would I go about it?

Spoiler

I haven't used ModuleManager yet.

Edited by AtomicTech

25 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

That's a bit more complicated than I would like.

It's actually a lot simpler than what you have so far, since you'd only need to ship one .cfg file in the download rather than dealing with a bunch of forked plugins.

25 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

How would I go about it?

I haven't used ModuleManager yet.

Module Manager is a great (some might say "essential") tool for all sorts of modding. Any reason to learn it is a good reason. Here is a tutorial on the syntax and many examples:

For this mod, you're just adding "Culture" and "profile" nodes to the "KERBALRENAMER" node. That would be done by creating a new file (probably called AtomicTechKerbalizedNames.cfg) and pasting text like this (some tweaking or fixing may be required as I have not tested this):

@KERBALRENAMER:AFTER[KerbalRenamer]
{
    Culture
    {
        name = AtomicTech
        YOUR NEW CONTENT HERE <----
    }
    {
        name = AtomicTech
        weights
        {
            AtomicTech = 1
        }
    }
}

Then you would just say in the first post in the forum thread that ModuleManager and KerbalRenamer are dependencies (and we would do that for you in CKAN).

Edited by HebaruSan

Hmm.

KerbalRenamer does that.

If you go to settings, go to advanced settings, and look for the KerbalRenamer and pick the CUSTOM profile and unselect 1951 and all the other ones.

It hopefully should start giving you the new last names.

Also installing the new Non-ModuleManager Release on GitHub.

https://github.com/JamesErvin-5/AtomicTech-Kerbalized-Names/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.