DDr 4 DDR5 backwards compatibility?

Arugela

No it will not fit even if flipped, that would be the same pin arrangement in practice as the notch is there to make sure the module is installed correctly. 
I guess they have moved the notch stoping people from trying DDR 5 in 4 slots and then complains they do not work. 

Back in the old days you had motherboards who could support multiple ram types but as modern cpu access memory directly this does not work anymore. 

unless you want to go through the process of de-soldering all the dram chips. i do not recommend it. 

ive actually done this before all the ram chips went leadless packages (i can handle tqfps pretty well), i needed some memory for an fpga project. 

Edited by Nuke

I was just wondering if it was still, "backwards compatible."

It would have been a funny joke on their part. Especially since it seems a bunch of people thought they were going to be to begin with before they saw the notch.

Edited by Arugela

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.