AtomicTech Inc. Junkyards (v.1.4.0) (KSP Version 1.12.5)

AtomicTech

Atomic-Tech-Junkyards.jpg

Downloads!

Get it here at SpaceDock!

Get the latest pre-release versions at GitHub!

An odd selection of modified parts and new ones that've made their way into a mod.

Highly recommended for any Snacks!-LS Players!

screenshot1051.png

Created by @AtomicTech and @Staticalliam7, with work from @ColdJ, @panarchist@Caerfinon, @Snark, @steedcrugeon, @JadeOfMaar, @Jarin, @Porkjet, @zer0Kerbal, @Knight of St John, LouisB3, @Mad Rocket Scientist, @Tokamak, @hoojiwana, RocketWitch, Jebediah Kerloby, and @HebaruSan.

LV-N "Nerv" mass is now decreased to 2.65.

LV-N "Nerv"'s thrust is increased by about 16.67%.

LV-N "Nerv" now has an Alternator that produces 0.3125 units of EC per second.

LV-N now has a significant bump in its ISP numbers!

All Pods now have an emergency fuel cell. Please note that this cell is 67% as efficient as the radially mounted fuel cell.

All Engines, stock only I think, now have a small, 2.5 unit battery added to them.

The Mark 1-2 Command Pod, hopefully, should show back up. Fingers crossed.

The old Reliant is now the Raptor Reliant and has an overhauled performance.

The old Swivel is now the Swiveling Raptor and has an overhauled performance.

Redid the description and other minor stats for the Experimental Storage Unit.

The stock LES now has a slightly higher thrust.

The HG-5's stats have been tweaked to bring it closer to the CM-16.

New Blue Cirrus Snack Generator!

New Waste Fluid Resource that comes from the Fuel Cell that's used in the Blue Cirrus Snack Generator to make snacks quicker.

New Waste Fluid Storage Tank.

New Black and White Suits based off of the Original and Future Suits.

New Multipurpose Propellant used in the AT-NTRO Advanced RCS Engine and to increase the efficiency of the Blue Cirrus.

The Xenon-O-Tron that uses the Convert-O-Tron 125 to convert intake air to Multipurpose Propellant, Xenon Gas, and Oxidizer.

1.875m Xenon Tank from MissingHistory by Snark. Redistributed under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 LICENSE.

A Vernor variant, named AT-NTRO Advanced RCS Engine, that runs on multipurpose propellant.

Modified Greenhouse Parts from PSA-Greenhouse. Redistributed under the GPLv3 LICENSE.

Modified Palici and Stowaway Parts from MissingHistory by Snark. Redistributed under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 LICENSE.

A Nuclear Reactor that runs on Klutonium, a new resource only found in trace amounts in the rocky planets and in higher concentrations on Tylo, that are adapted from KE-01 Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator by JebediahKerloby. Redistributed under the MIT LICENSE.

Note: The Klutonium's statistics are completely original, the only thing it borrows from KE-01 Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator is the name.

New SRB thrust calculations! Borrowed from sunnypunny's Kerbal Witchery and licensed under the MIT License.

IMPORTANT!

This requires Snacks, Module Manager to function as well as Atomic Technologies Incorporated.

Another Note: Snacks! isn't 100% required but is highly recommended.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DO NOT RENAME ANY FILES OR FOLDERS.

Licenses Below:

Spoiler

Unless stated otherwise, all work in AtomicTech Inc. Junkyards is distributed under the BSD 3-Clause License.

The 1875Expansion, MoreNuke/BKN, MoreNuke/KANDL, and the MoreNuke/FX folders are under the CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 License and adapted from Snark's MissingHistory.

The radioactiveGreenhouse folder is under the GPLv3 License and adapted from panarchist's PSA Greenhouse.

The MoreNuke/ReactorShop/KE-01 and MoreNuke/ReactorShop/Sounds folder is under the MIT License and is adapted from JebediahKerloby's KE-01 Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generator.

The UnmagicSRBs.cfg file is adapted from sunnypunny's Kerbal Witchery and is distributed under the MIT License.

BSD 3-Clause License

Copyright (c) 2021 James Ervin

Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:

1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.

3. Neither the name of the copyright holder nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Another thanks to @Snark for reminding me that I needed to post the License on my forum page. Crisis Averted!

Edited by AtomicTech

The illectroemergency.cfg patch is modifying any engines with an existing resource by turning it into electric charge- this completely breaks SRBs in particular. This is due to editing a resource instead of adding a new one. Removing the @ symbols from everything except the first line fixes it.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]]
{
  RESOURCE
  {
    name = ElectricCharge
    amount = 2.5
    maxAmount = 2.5
  }
}

I saw you already caught the missing bracket.

Edited by Sandriell

On 11/16/2021 at 4:10 PM, Sandriell said:

The illectroemergency.cfg patch is modifying any engines with an existing resource by turning it into electric charge- this completely breaks SRBs in particular. This is due to editing a resource instead of adding a new one. Removing the @ symbols from everything except the first line fixes it.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleEngines]]
{
  RESOURCE
  {
    name = ElectricCharge
    amount = 2.5
    maxAmount = 2.5
  }
}

I saw you already caught the missing bracket.

I fixed it in the latest release, thanks for letting me know!

Any bug report helps!

https://github.com/JamesErvin-5/AtomicTech-Inc.-Junkyards/releases/tag/v.0.8.2

Edited by AtomicTech

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

Sorry about that!

I thought that renaming the liquid nitrogen could open an issue with other mods and I wanted to have a unique resource that could be a multipurpose propellant.

Sure, that's fine. Just bad etiquette to delete issues and such on Github versus closing them, since I had no way of knowing that.

Version 0.21.0 or 0.22.0 should have a new series of thermonuclear rocket engines borrowed from other mods and tweaked for our purposes. 

The name of this series?

The AT-TREL Thermonuclear Series!

Named after the Texas Rocket Engineering Lab, I replaced the Texas, with Thermonuclear making these rocket engines from AtomicTech Inc.'s Thermonuclear Rocket Engineering Laboratory.

• 4 weeks later...

@AtomicTech Before you get much further in development/adding stuff, may I suggest considering reorganizing the folder structure to more "standard" KSP format?
As-is, I think many people may have issues installing properly, and it may even be an issue if you ever host on CKAN, as IIRC, CKAN relies *heavily* on a standard /GameData/[mod]/ folder structure? Especially, if this is a conglomeration of multiple mods, and you are using *their* existing internal folder structures, it *could* potentially cause conflicts, if other versions of those other mods get installed seperately, as well

Tagging @HebaruSan for possible comment on that

Edited by Stone Blue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.