Good news? Recent KSP2 job postings: Community Manager positions...

TLTay

Looks like Take Two has posted up some new KSP2 jobs recently! 2X "Assistant Community Manager" positions, and 1X "Senior Community Manager."

Assistant listings:

https://careers.take2games.com/job/3620077

https://careers.take2games.com/job/3615900

Manager listing:

https://careers.take2games.com/job/3615898

Highlights:

Listings mention growing the brand "into new initiatives beyond gaming."

They will "represent the KSP brand and spirit as on-site representatives at trade and consumer shows." One of the assistant community manager listings adds: "(Like PAX shows)"

Listings say: "You're going to play KSP, a lot!"

I notice that the listings mention "KSP" a lot, but not "KSP2." I'm guessing they are referring to KSP2, however, since there would be little reason to hire a team to advertise an older game on its way out.

What do those knowledgeable about game development and marketing think about this? Does this inform on how far out we are from release? It looks like there is a "PAX East" in March of 2022. Maybe KSP2 will be there?

And NMS holds the trophy for the best redemption arc in gaming history, and is already way beyond what was advertised before initial release. And that's still for free, made by Indie studio!  One could expect bases, vehicles, freighters being sold as dlc (hello, Elite Dangerous!) but no.

That said, I don't think that should happen to KSP, and I don't think it will, as they already kept pushing the release more and more so they can deliver.

About the job posting, I believe KSP here means the franchise as a whole, not particular game. Sure the marketing will soon switch towards the sequel, but there is, and will be, still a lot of people who keep playing the first game. They deserve a post or two once in a while.

6 hours ago, The Aziz said:

And NMS holds the trophy for the best redemption arc in gaming history, and is already way beyond what was advertised before initial release. And that's still for free, made by Indie studio!  One could expect bases, vehicles, freighters being sold as dlc (hello, Elite Dangerous!) but no.

That said, I don't think that should happen to KSP, and I don't think it will, as they already kept pushing the release more and more so they can deliver.

About the job posting, I believe KSP here means the franchise as a whole, not particular game. Sure the marketing will soon switch towards the sequel, but there is, and will be, still a lot of people who keep playing the first game. They deserve a post or two once in a while.

I would rather get a version with some bugs than wait forever for it to release

2 hours ago, A Generic Kerbal said:

I would rather get a version with some bugs than wait forever for it to release

Even if you waited forever, you would still have bugs. Maybe in the future when we have AI that can act like a billion users at the same time and self-diagnose and fix problems we will have literal bug free software, but until then...

9 hours ago, TLTay said:

How early before release do they hire for these kinds of positions? Does anyone know?

I don't think there's a rule, people come and go (and we've seen people come and go in this community), someone has to have that job at all times, no matter if there's a new game coming or not.

On 11/10/2021 at 3:50 PM, Axelord FTW said:

Oh, I can do the 'expanding the brand' bit no problems. Want to make a lot of money?

Two words: Kerbal. Vtuber.

Vtuber doesn't necessarily mean money, the vtubing space is pretty saturated at this point. You're about a year too late.

I think there is some connections withthe lack of news on the forum. Maybe the community manager has left the company. Maybe there was no such employee and ordinary developers were engaged in public relations in the remaining free time. There is no connection with the development of the game itself.

Well, UomoCapra left SQUAD in September, then, KSPStar, currently known as StarSlay3r, no longer appears as part of the team. That's two people in short period of time, of course a replacement is needed.

But then while looking for details above I found a very important bit of information that I'm about to post in other thread.